(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bWo*

Brouwer is ****ing horrible, Copley is a good G but he's far down the depth chart so the only thinG of value is the 3rd! so happy with the flames and caps off season

Lineup should look like this

Ovechkin-Kuz-Oshie
Bura/Mojo-Backs-Williams
Mojo/Bura-Laich-Wilson
Chimera-Beagle-Latta/Galiev

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I think if Frolik wasn't signed, we would have been in on that.
That's a cheap price to pay, 30-40 point depth forward; UFA after next season, depth, depth goalie and a third.

I know Treliving is on everything, so I'm sure he stayed away for good reason.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Really doubt the Blues wanted to trade Oshie within the conference. Maybe they took a little less to move him out east. And with the Penguins already getting their guy in Kessel, their likely weren't too many suitors.

Oshie didn't fit with what the Flames were trying to do anyway.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Mark Cundari signs with the Sharks.

So for those keeping score at home, it's:

A few dozen games of Iginla <-> Klimchuk and Agostino

Bouwmeester <-> Poirier and Smith

EDIT: Apparently Steinberg browses here:

Last edited:

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mark Cundari signs with the Sharks.

So for those keeping score at home, it's:

A few dozen games of Iginla <-> Klimchuk and Agostino

Bouwmeester <-> Poirier and Smith

It's really not too bad, but only time will tell. Flames were trading from a position of weakness in Iggy, and a position of weakness in having Feaster as our GM.

The prospects we got in both those trades were garbage, I'm happy Burke was able to salvage a pick for Berra.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Don't really blame Feaster on the Iginla trade. The original return from Boston was more or less what I expected in a potential trade. Feaster could have waited an extra a day or two to leverage a better return from Boston but it seemed like they just wanted to put an end to it out of respect to Iginla. And Agostino still has the potential to be a third liner or better in the NHL. In fact, if the Flames clear the log jam of forwards and don't trade for a LW, I can see him being a call up at some point.

The Bouwmeester trade on the other hand was completely terrible and if it wasn't for Burke robbing the Avs, it'd be even worse. A bonafide top pairing defencemen signed for another year for a first and two contract fillers is inexcusable.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I like Agostino. He didn't look too out of place on our roster when he played those few games during the 13/14 season.

GAMO1992

#ThankYouIggy
Dec 9, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Underwhelming return for Oshie....but lately the market has been oddly....cheap....

also its official. Connor McDavid just signed his ELC with the Oil today.

Starix

Jan 31, 2015
Saad got the typical Oiler contract (RNH, Hall, etc...) I always figured Monny, Johnny would get similar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad