(Official) Around the NHL 7.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/30/report-richards-border-incident-involved-oxycodone/

After an earlier report from ESPN cited that Richards is part of an “ongoing investigation†by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, further details have come to light, according to TMZ.

It states:

NHL officials have been notified that the Royal Canadian Mounted Police investigation into ex-L.A. Kings player Mike Richards involves the prescription drug oxycodone … multiple sources tell TMZ Sports.

Our sources say Richards was stopped while crossing from the United States into Canada on June 17th … and we’re told he was questioned about oxycodone pills, a powerful painkiller.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
My guess is Richards made a mistake and didn't package his prescription correctly and/or didn't declare them. Lombardi found his opportunity and took it.

I refuse to believe Richards was smuggling because Oxy is notoriously overprescribed. Not only that but he could get it in Canada just as easily. Richards' body is probably falling apart on him and in some pain.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Oxycodone is a derivative of Heroin (poppy)

Have fun ruining your life Mike Richards. That stuff will kill you in ten years. Can't believe that it's become popular. So glad we didn't end up with him. :shakehead

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Sheesh, Bieksa and Kesler back on the same team? I officially hate the Ducks more than the Nucks now.

All they need is Burrows and the band is all back together.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Oxycodone is a derivative of Heroin (poppy)

Have fun ruining your life Mike Richards. That stuff will kill you in ten years. Can't believe that it's become popular. So glad we didn't end up with him. :shakehead

It's probably the best painkiller available right now. I have family members who have prescriptions for back pain and joint problems involving knees and shoulders.

It says nothing about his character, or lack there of, other than he is probably in some pain.

Of course, it is a controlled substance. Richards ****ed up somewhere when he was crossing the border.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
All the details still aren't known, if his sole use of the pills was for pain, expect the PA to file a grievance. Of course more will likely follow.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
It's probably the best painkiller available right now. I have family members who have prescriptions for back pain and joint problems involving knees and shoulders.

It says nothing about his character, or lack there of, other than he is probably in some pain.

Of course, it is a controlled substance. Richards ****ed up somewhere when he was crossing the border.

Yep. Oxycodone is extremely effective as a pain killer but equally addictive.

An extended family member of mine, sweetest most innocent woman you could ever meet, didn't drink, never done drugs, never been in trouble. Was in a really bad car crash some years ago and as a result of her injuries was prescribed Oxycodone. She was addicted to it within about 2 weeks. And it took her almost a month to 'break' her dependence on it.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Can only :laugh: at the Oilers trading their most experienced defensive centremen.

Got to think Chiarelli has something else planned or MacTavish was right in that next year will be just another development season.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

It's the best painkiller because it's basically Heroin. This is factual information.

Many people are extremely addicted to Oxy. Some people inject it directly into their bloodstream. You can overdose from it and die. Lots of people have died from ODing to Oxy.

People with Oxy addictions can often get into more serious and dangerous drugs that are also Poppy derivatives. Fenatyl (closely related to Oxy and Heroin) is a major epidemic in Alberta right now.

Personally, I believe an individual should deal with the pain. I guess I'm just old school like that.

Carrying Oxy illegally is not a small mistake. That stuff is an extremely controlled substance for good reason.

Also, Mike Richards has team doctors that would be subscribing him Oxy if he needed it. If they terminated his contract, it would be my belief, that his doctors didn't subscribe him Oxy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bettman/League/Daly also categorically denied multiple times that the league had any plans to expand.

So I imagine there is a nugget of truth in this story somewhere.
Coyotes will not be moving to Vegas, they want that expansion money. Expansion will net the NHL 500+ Million in expansion fees, when the Thrashers moved to Winnipeg the league only got $60 million. Houston, Portland or Kansas City are better bets for relocation destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad