OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Did they give you yours under the nail too? Predsv82 has me questioning my damn ER doctor...

ER docs are probably too busy/impatient to do the block properly. You basically put a bunch of numbing medicine at the base of the toe where it attaches to the foot and you let it sit for 10 minutes and then the whole toe is numb(its the same principle the dentists use when they put the shot in at the back of your mouth but your whole jaw including the lip go numb eventually)

Last edited:
Reactions: triggrman

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
ER docs are probably too busy/impatient to do the block properly. You basically put a bunch of numbing medicine at the base of the toe where it attaches to the foot and you let it sit for 10 minutes and then the whole toe is numb(its the same principle the dentists use when the put the soft in at the back of your mouth but your whole jaw including the lip go numb eventually)

This is basically what happened with me. It was a busy in the ER so I was sitting for two hours because dumb kid with a toe injury isn't a high priority (I get it). Then they had a little break so the doctor came in and did the shots, it got busy-ish again so I think he came back in about 5 minutes later.

I actually probably would've been fine just staying there until it wasn't busy anymore. It was wrapped and the pressure on it at that point just gave it that cool throbbing feeling. I almost fell asleep waiting.

The best part was walking the quarter mile blood trail I left from where it happened to home until the rain washed it away. :laugh:

Reactions: PredsV82
Jul 12, 2007
This is the most toe-deadly group of people to ever congregate.

Hey, like I tore ALL my toes off with a rake one time ...... but it got better ! (Best Monty Python voice)

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Everyone be safe out there, my drive from Franklin to Shelbyville was fairly white knuckled this morning.

Yeah, this storm is insane. Have friends in Beaumont TX who are getting 3-5 inches of snow along with ice, and at least according to radar there is snow in Juarez Mexico FFS. The ice swath turns north and hits Jaskson, MS, Huntsville and Nashville. Hope your power stays on. Be safe all.

Up here we are expecting 5 to 9 inches of snow but hopefully no more ice. All the ice we got Thursday is still here, so we sure dont need any more.

Jul 12, 2007
OK, so I do have a real toe story myself. Last summer I tripped on a hose by the pool, and turned my big toe over hard, under my foot. It got big and purple like a plum right away. So I figured I just broke it.
Since then, a big thick ridge across the nail has grown slowly from the cuticle to the top. So I guess I must have broken the nail side to side down below the cuticle. Just Weird.

Last edited:

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
This is the most toe-deadly group of people to ever congregate.

Hey, like I tore ALL my toes off with a rake one time ...... but it got better ! (Best Monty Python voice)

I'm actually building a new L shaped 'floating' desk area in part because I'm tired of banging my toes on the legs of the existing desk.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
It was already slick this afternoon. I had to do some errands. Went to my car and it was iced over (no garage) so I took care of that and headed to the main post office since I had something I needed to get posted today due to the holiday tomorrow. No problems. Got in, got out and headed to the other post office in our area, figured I'd grab mail from our PO box while I was close. Got out of the car and about 5 feet away I slipped and fell hard! -- somehow I ended up on my knees. No traction whatsoever. I had a time getting to the point where I could stand, then slowly inched my way inside--holding onto the bushes for support. And my box was empty. Bah! That was worth having some checks there, IMO, but no dice. So I carefully walked back and didn't fall again, but it was probably 1/4 inch of ice most of the way to my car. Still feeling it a little but I think I'm fine. I went ahead and canceled an appointment I had tomorrow, though. I'm not getting out in this stuff unless it's an emergency!

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
It was already slick this afternoon. I had to do some errands. Went to my car and it was iced over (no garage) so I took care of that and headed to the main post office since I had something I needed to get posted today due to the holiday tomorrow. No problems. Got in, got out and headed to the other post office in our area, figured I'd grab mail from our PO box while I was close. Got out of the car and about 5 feet away I slipped and fell hard! -- somehow I ended up on my knees. No traction whatsoever. I had a time getting to the point where I could stand, then slowly inched my way inside--holding onto the bushes for support. And my box was empty. Bah! That was worth having some checks there, IMO, but no dice. So I carefully walked back and didn't fall again, but it was probably 1/4 inch of ice most of the way to my car. Still feeling it a little but I think I'm fine. I went ahead and canceled an appointment I had tomorrow, though. I'm not getting out in this stuff unless it's an emergency!

If the radar can be believed Nashville and the 'boro and everywhere between is getting ice/freezing rain for at least 5 hours tonight... hunker down my friends...

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
If the radar can be believed Nashville and the 'boro and everywhere between is getting ice/freezing rain for at least 5 hours tonight... hunker down my friends...

In the Boro my yard is already frozen over with ice and currently collecting snow. They're saying maybe 5-6" here. Memphis is expected to get up to 10"

Dallas is getting it hard, hopefully it doesn't impact the Preds games.

Reactions: PredsV82

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
I checked a little while ago and my driveway is iced over. I opened the door and ran my foot over the edge of the driveway and it was all ice.

The FB group hip Hendersonville has a bunch of posts saying all the roads are covered in ice.

Stay safe everyone. Stay home if you can. If you have to go out, just be careful and slow down! :brrr:

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I checked a little while ago and my driveway is iced over. I opened the door and ran my foot over the edge of the driveway and it was all ice.

The FB group hip Hendersonville has a bunch of posts saying all the roads are covered in ice.

Stay safe everyone. Stay home if you can. If you have to go out, just be careful and slow down! :brrr:
Yeah in our neighborhood in Shelbyville I went out to the road and where excess water runs around the curb it had rippled up and started to freeze while its running. I'm supposed to drive to Franklin for work tomorrow night, I don't see it happening.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Be safe all, growing up in Atlanta we got more ice storms than snow. There was a certain quality to the stark silence after the storm had passed but before limbs started breaking and the the transformers started exploding that I've never experienced since.

No forecast for any ice/snow in my area.

jumb0

Feb 3, 2017
Has anyone ever eaten at a HWY 55? Crossville is getting one this summer and I was wondering if it was any good.

Eaten at the one in Nolensville a few times. It's a decent burger...nothing special that I would say you absolutely have to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad