OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site
Dodgers. Reds fans were mad the Braves benched him the rest of the Cincinnati series so Aaron could break the record at home

Actually Atlanta wanted to sit him for the entire three game opening series but the commissioner mandated that he had to play two of the three games in the Cincinnati series and he played the first two. He got 714 on the first pitch of the first game of the season. So, he only missed game three before going back to Atlanta.

Reactions: PredsV82 and adsfan

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
They just announced today two more high rises for DT - hotel and office space. It's the ones in orange at 2nd and Peabody.

The team will go before the Metro Planning Commission on March 11 to seek a height modification to the downtown code zoning currently in place on the site. Three nondescript buildings on the site will need to be razed.

01.png

The ones in red are either currently under construction or proposed.

Preds tickets are going to keep going up, up, and up in price.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Pretty sure the red building right above where it says Rutledge Hill is where there was an empty lot. Can't place what was where the orange buildings are, but it would be across the street where that old church is, wouldn't it? I go down that road on the way home. Shuler's on Third would probably be considered a "non-descript business" Their sister/aunt was my mom's best friend so I hope the family makes out like bandits.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Capture.JPG

I bet all of the nice furniture in my house that dad built in the late 50's - early 60's was built using this Porter Cable sander. It has a hole in the dust bag and Saturday the switch stuck in the 'On' position. Long ago the dust bag was unavailable and I didn't even look for a new switch. It fought its' way into retirement after about 60 years of use. Definitely earned an honored position gathering dust, not creating it anymore, on the shelf in retirement. This beast is not going in the metal recycling heap. It would likely kick my butt if I tried.

This Porter Cable's motor is still a powerhouse and with that all metal construction could destroy the new Metabo HPT (Hitachi) which was the best one available @ Lowes. I bet a 30.06 caliber full metal jacket bullet could deflect off this old sander! It even uses a 24 inch belt, not one of these wimpy 21 inch belts of today. This generation is weak!

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No doubt there was one on my dad's workbench for years. May still be there, but when we thought Mama was moving to Nashville and selling the homeplace she sold a lot of things. She has moved here but she hasn't-she decided she didn't want to sell off the old place after all, so now she splits time. If you knew my parents this would make you laugh. They were notorious for their moves back and forth between Nashville (always to the same apartment complex) and Athens (the homeplace) til they finally stayed put down there in 1989 or so. Now she's starting it all up again.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
View attachment 391237

I bet all of the nice furniture in my house that dad built in the late 50's - early 60's was built using this Porter Cable sander. It has a hole in the dust bag and Saturday the switch stuck in the 'On' position. Long ago the dust bag was unavailable and I didn't even look for a new switch. It fought its' way into retirement after about 60 years of use. Definitely earned an honored position gathering dust, not creating it anymore, on the shelf in retirement. This beast is not going in the metal recycling heap. It would likely kick my butt if I tried.

This Porter Cable's motor is still a powerhouse and with that all metal construction could destroy the new Metabo HPT (Hitachi) which was the best one available @ Lowes. I bet a 30.06 caliber full metal jacket bullet could deflect off this old sander! It even uses a 24 inch belt, not one of these wimpy 21 inch belts of today. This generation is weak!
Used a ton of those as I worked in a cabinet shop as a teenager. Technically still use one as our squeege sander for our rotary screen printing units still has one strapped to it.

Never seen one with a dust bag though lol.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
As an HF sponsor, I shouldn't get the message about my ad blocker being detected when I log in. Ironically I have to click "continue without supporting us" button to make it go away. :rolleyes:
That's odd. I don't get that so maybe it's something with your particular computer.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
@Legionnaire11 There was a lot of weirdness on the boards last night--double posts, threads disappearing from view then being "back"... my guess is it was related to that if you don't usually have those kinds of issues. Saw it happening on other sites, too, so may have been a server or network issue. Or sunspots. They used to wreak havoc on tv broadcasts!

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
So stupid me grabs a plate off the end of the rack yesterday without actually grabbing it tightly, it slips and lands directly on my foot. Nick was in the squat rack so he started his reps while I walked off . About 30 seconds later my shoe was drenched in blood so we headed to the ER for some stitches and a broken big toe.. Fun way to start the day

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
So stupid me grabs a plate off the end of the rack yesterday without actually grabbing it tightly, it slips and lands directly on my foot. Nick was in the squat rack so he started his reps while I walked off . About 30 seconds later my shoe was drenched in blood so we headed to the ER for some stitches and a broken big toe.. Fun way to start the day

That hurt to read man. Hope it's a speedy recovery!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Oh, no! Get better soon! Glad you are seeing to that toe. I broke mine probably 5 years ago, did nothing because I'm just like that, and still feel it!

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
We need to start a gofundme page to get you new shoes, maybe metal toe?

I hope you aren't one of the folks who have to learn by repetition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad