OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Weather Channel screwed the pooch badly. At 6AM they were calling for 6 to 12 inches of snow here today. Even around noon they were still calling for 3 to 5. We are going to end up with about one inch. Not sure how the hell they can get it so wrong this close to the actual event.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Weather Channel screwed the pooch badly. At 6AM they were calling for 6 to 12 inches of snow here today. Even around noon they were still calling for 3 to 5. We are going to end up with about one inch. Not sure how the hell they can get it so wrong this close to the actual event.
We have all ice, very little snow

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Same here, all ice and lucky to have underground utilities, but I'm sure I'm within 2-3 miles of Trigg.

There's something light coming down right now and they're still saying up to an inch of snow by 9pm for us (started as a 5-6" forecast). And then Wednesday is supposed to bring another event. But even without snow or anything else happening, having a half inch of ice on everything and temps not going above freezing for the next couple of days, it makes it an easy call to stay in if you can.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Same here, all ice and lucky to have underground utilities, but I'm sure I'm within 2-3 miles of Trigg.

There's something light coming down right now and they're still saying up to an inch of snow by 9pm for us (started as a 5-6" forecast). And then Wednesday is supposed to bring another event. But even without snow or anything else happening, having a half inch of ice on everything and temps not going above freezing for the next couple of days, it makes it an easy call to stay in if you can.
I can work from home with no issues but I have some teams that need to be on site to get paid, so I'm hoping for a quick clear up.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
The ice is around 3-4 inches in depth and is squishy like snow. It's like Slurpee ice, just little pebbles. I'm disappointed.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

We will get it instead. I heard 4 to 6 at work, then 6 to 10 for Milwaukee at home. I have no place to put it. Some of the snow piles are as tall as I am.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Well, all of the forecasts said precipitation was going to end around 8 or 9 last night and today would be clear (still ice on the ground). Went to bed without even having ice/snow halfway up the grass... But here we are at 8am and there's more snow currently falling than at any point yesterday and the grass is disappearing.

Reactions: Adz

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hope everyone down there is ok! Hopefully things return to normal soon!

I know it is a bit late now but look into getting bear trax for your shoes to keep in the closet just in case!

Sending warm thoughts from Boston

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Be happy it eventually went numb. I ripped my toenail almost completely off and got local and the doctor started digging around under my nail and moving it around before it kicked in and didn't stop when I told him it wasn't numb.
I had one doctor who was very accommodating in that regard, to the point of slight exasperation, when I had to go in for an ingrown big toenail. Gave me a block and walked away 'till it kicked in, noting that sometimes some people require a second injection. Then comes back, pokes at the bottom of the toe, asks "Do you feel that?"
"Yep", I reply. So she goes ahead and gives me a second. Walks away and comes back, pokes bottom of my toe.
"Do you feel that?"
"Yep. Not as much but it's still there."
"Really?"
"Really?"
"How about now?"
"No."
"Now?"
"Yes."
"Okay." She adds a third injection, walks away for a bit, comes back a few minutes later.
"Okay, now do you feel that?"
"..Yes. Definitely less, but still there."
"Seriously?"
"Seriously."
She stops asking questions and just tries poking again. What ensues is me narrating: "Can feel that... ...it's stopped... now I feel it again... ...there it is again..."
Eventually she admits defeat, and adds a fourth injection. Thankfully, when she came back after that one, my answer to her "Do you feel that" question was finally, legitimately "no". :D

* * *​
Had similar happen up here. We were expecting to be buried overnight. Had fun with sleet yesterday evening, but otherwise it's been relatively tame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->