OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Here’s my medical question. All these advances in medicine and we still don’t have a less painful local? Those shots hurt worse than the injury.

Wuss :eek::DD

There is no money in developing anything different. Plus the pain is as much from hydrostatic pressure as it is from the actual med.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Wuss :eek::DD

There is no money in developing anything different. Plus the pain is as much from hydrostatic pressure as it is from the actual med.

Translation: The bruising and swelling are pushing on the softest tissue in the area, the nerves. By pushing a needle into the area you are adding more pressure to the nerve. Injecting the medication adds to the pressure. Before the medication kicks in, the additional pressure will cause increased pressure/pain on the nerve.

Also, suck it the f*** up!

Reactions: Viqsi

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We need one that works on dead tissue. When I had that abscess my Doc told me it didn't work to well on that and I can confirm. When that blade hit my butt I yelled like a 2 year old getting hit upside the head with 2x4.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
We need one that works on dead tissue. When I had that abscess my Doc told me it didn't work to well on that and I can confirm. When that blade hit my butt I yelled like a 2 year old getting hit upside the head with 2x4.

That 2yr old would be knocked the f*** out.

Jul 12, 2007
I’m sitting here watching old Fringe episodes in which people have all kinds of bizarre physical conditions and abilities. It’s just like this thread and you guys.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I’m sitting here watching old Fringe episodes in which people have all kinds of bizarre physical conditions and abilities. It’s just like this thread and you guys.
Don't you know it? I've been watching Fringe, too. First time for me. I am not much of a binge watcher so I'm just at the beginning of the last season. Been watching it for about a year I'd say.

So far I haven't been able to turn lights on and off with my mind, but maybe those doctor visits when I was 5 will eventually pay off in one of my timelines.

Jul 12, 2007
Don't you know it? I've been watching Fringe, too. First time for me. I am not much of a binge watcher so I'm just at the beginning of the last season. Been watching it for about a year I'd say.

So far I haven't been able to turn lights on and off with my mind, but maybe those doctor visits when I was 5 will eventually pay off in one of my timelines.
We watched it religiously when it was new. Now watching second time. Great show, sort of a reboot of Twilight Zone, X-Files, etc.
But much better characters, relationships, story line. Probably the best of that genre.

Reactions: Adz

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I think watching was my mistake. I didn’t know he was going under the nail though until he did.

Holy crap why ?? In my limited experience with toes the local is usually given "upstream" to create a "block" of the whole toe

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Felt like someone taking liquid fire and injecting it under what was my big toes nail

Be happy it eventually went numb. I ripped my toenail almost completely off and got local and the doctor started digging around under my nail and moving it around before it kicked in and didn't stop when I told him it wasn't numb.

Reactions: triggrman

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Be happy it eventually went numb. I ripped my toenail almost completely off and got local and the doctor started digging around under my nail and moving it around before it kicked in and didn't stop when I told him it wasn't numb.
I tried to stop a hotel room door closing when I ordered a pizza, and I had no idea the door was like 2 inches above the floor. It sheared my left big toenail straight off. Pizza guy must have thought I was a total nutcase (not that I'm not); I tried to just sraightface it swiping my card though. And then screamed after the door closed while he was waiting for the elevator. Can't imagine what he thought. It grew back after about a year, but always has been a little wonky, it is like permanent scar tissue under the nail, and the nail never seems as naturally attached as the other ones.

Free weights are also fun. I remember one time I had these wing-nut red plastic clamps and somehow didn't tighten one side. Got to the end of a few sets and the last rep was a bit of an uneven fatigued lift and all the weights just started sliding off one end of the bar. Which of course totally unbalanced the other side, which I dropped straight to the floor, causing one of the small ones off the end of the unfastened side to catapult off the end of the bar and put a hole in my ceiling. I am such a dork. Good times. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad