OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I would cheer y'all up with 'It's not the end of the world. As Dusty Rhodes says; Hard times makes a better (wo)man.' But you survived so much you are already better men and women. Just help each other out, this will pass.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Well and Nashville actually sits in what is called The Great Basin. Coming from the West, North, and East you actually drop down into Nashville. If you do much travel on the Interstates you can tell it as almost all of them have a graded section just before you get into Nashville.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
First wave of storms has now produced a tornado watch until 5pm. (Davidson and counties north and west)

It's out near Waverly and Paris about now, producing hail and lightning, possible rotation.

Second wave this evening is still the bigger concern.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
(waves hi to everyone)

Yeah, I'm off on spring break at the moment, but spent the first half of the week in bed because of... no, not that. Just plain ol' Influenza-A. Fortunately, the flu shot I got (waaaaayyyyy back in October) kept me from getting the worst of it, but the kids I have on my bus route were a bit too giving for me last Thursday.

I have been following, frustrated, from afar as to the doing in Music City. It tore me up on hearing about the huge tornado outbreak that occurred a while back; my old hometown in Wisconsin suffered through that (ironically, on the very day I was looking at housing in the city of Merrill). I pray everyone is safe and well at this point.

Meanwhile, this hasn't been a great week for me - in addition to the flu (which caused me to miss my one "home" game over at HoHoKam on Sunday), it has been one long series of rain storms in the Valley. We haven't had a traditional "one and done" storm like y'all usually have; it's been a series of rain, clear up for a bit, rain a lot more, clear up until the sun goes down, pour like a broken tap, clear up, then rain again. It... gets some taking to get used to.

Reactions: Viqsi

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
(waves hi to everyone)

Yeah, I'm off on spring break at the moment, but spent the first half of the week in bed because of... no, not that. Just plain ol' Influenza-A. Fortunately, the flu shot I got (waaaaayyyyy back in October) kept me from getting the worst of it, but the kids I have on my bus route were a bit too giving for me last Thursday.

I have been following, frustrated, from afar as to the doing in Music City. It tore me up on hearing about the huge tornado outbreak that occurred a while back; my old hometown in Wisconsin suffered through that (ironically, on the very day I was looking at housing in the city of Merrill). I pray everyone is safe and well at this point.

Meanwhile, this hasn't been a great week for me - in addition to the flu (which caused me to miss my one "home" game over at HoHoKam on Sunday), it has been one long series of rain storms in the Valley. We haven't had a traditional "one and done" storm like y'all usually have; it's been a series of rain, clear up for a bit, rain a lot more, clear up until the sun goes down, pour like a broken tap, clear up, then rain again. It... gets some taking to get used to.
Good to hear from you JW. I think we'll be needing people to check in a lot just so we don't go stark raving mad without our sports and perhaps jobs, church, and everything else!

Hope you're feeling better.

Reactions: adsfan and Viqsi

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
How to survive the apocalypse. Booze delivery.

upload_2020-3-14_20-34-7.png

Reactions: Marty Party

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't have any Euros, 101.

But that's a good idea. Someone who is not in the risk group could probably make a killing (oops) starting up a delivery service.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Tito's has already made the announcement that drinking alcohol (as opposed to rubbing alcohol) is not effective in killing viruses.

However, if anyone's blood can, it's yours 101.

Apparently Amazon does not sell spirit alcohol here in Tennessee.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Tito's has already made the announcement that drinking alcohol (as opposed to rubbing alcohol) is not effective in killing viruses.

However, if anyone's blood can, it's yours 101.

Apparently Amazon does not sell spirit alcohol here in Tennessee.

Stateside rules versus those here in Europe. Tullamore, Blanton's, Beam, Mr. Jasper Newton Daniel are all on Amazon over here.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Tornado comes and schools are cancelled.

Covid comes to cancel and it's already done.

(Avoiding the hipster jokes)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I came to this page to feel better. It worked! My problems aren't nearly as large as yours.

Post more often, Mr Houk. One a Cheesehead, always a Cheesehead, just like the Marines.

I watched 6 episodes of Star Trek: Picard yesterday. If you are a Star Trek fan from the beginning, you will love the cookies about Tranya, people named Hengist etc.

czechczech

Dec 10, 2014
Out of caution last week, I checked in with my ticket rep about changing my 3 year renewal(it's up this year) to 1 year plan. He responded on Thursday that I would have to pay "street pricing" for a 1 year renewal and reiterated the March 27th deadline.

I understand the anxiety/pressure that everyone is facing, but it sorta felt like a shakedown to me. What do you think?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Out of caution last week, I checked in with my ticket rep about changing my 3 year renewal(it's up this year) to 1 year plan. He responded on Thursday that I would have to pay "street pricing" for a 1 year renewal and reiterated the March 27th deadline.

I understand the anxiety/pressure that everyone is facing, but it sorta felt like a shakedown to me. What do you think?

Hit up Sean Henry. He's pretty responsive on email.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007

Feels like a shakedown. And Sean Henry is a d***, IMO

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'd definitely send an email first but if that is the case it sounds like someone has let the recent success go to their heads. If I'm paying full price I'd just buy the individual games I want and then maybe pick up a late year package that gives you playoff priority if that is a concern.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Watching a lot of Youtube nowadays. Body Language Ghost, Curious Droid, Rick Beato, RedLetterMedia, The Hockey Guy, Astrum, X Pilot, etc. and the "topic" videos when I want to listen/download music. Here lately it has been mostly Led Zeppelin Topic in the YT search box.

I'm always open to new channels if anyone wants to chime in.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Things I've been watching:
Call the Midwife (just finished the ninth season)
Bless this Mess (in second season)
The New Pope (a masterpiece, particularly the penultimate episode) (watch predecessor The Young Pope first)
Schitt's Creek

Anyone watched the second season of Altered Carbon yet? Worth my time?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Things I've been watching:
Call the Midwife (just finished the ninth season)
Bless this Mess (in second season)
The New Pope (a masterpiece, particularly the penultimate episode) (watch predecessor The Young Pope first)
Schitt's Creek

Anyone watched the second season of Altered Carbon yet? Worth my time?

My wife loves Schitt's Creek. I can take or leave it. I did expect that show to be funnier with the cast that they have.

(Maybe it is the writing?)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My wife loves Schitt's Creek. I can take or leave it. I did expect that show to be funnier with the cast that they have.

(Maybe it is the writing?)
I think you have to watch it from the first episode and in sequence to really get into the development of the characters--and that's key. Certain episodes are very moving from a growth standpoint. They're funny, sure, but that's secondary. Skipping around and watching here or there probably won't convey that. The characters grow as a family (even Moira, but if you blink you'll miss it). I like the punny names, too. Mutt Schitt, Roland Schitt, Jocelyn Schitt, forget the baby's name but the middle/last name Moira Schitt...it goes on and on.

Maybe that's just my sense of humor, but I'm not alone!

I find it, Corner Gas, and Bless this Mess to be in pretty much the same spot in my "comedy enjoyment" section.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
My DTV bill finally spiked to a point where it’s time to look at some other options. I’ve already got Netflix, Prime, and Disney +.

The initial winner looked to be YouTube TV but the interface is terrible. I’m old school and I prefer having a channel guide. I see it on my laptop but don’t see it in iOS.

What are you guys using? I looked at Hulu Live but they don’t have FS-TN. I obviously need my Preds fix. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad