OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
My DTV bill finally spiked to a point where it’s time to look at some other options. I’ve already got Netflix, Prime, and Disney +.

The initial winner looked to be YouTube TV but the interface is terrible. I’m old school and I prefer having a channel guide. I see it on my laptop but don’t see it in iOS.

What are you guys using? I looked at Hulu Live but they don’t have FS-TN. I obviously need my Preds fix. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
My friend in Hendersonville has Hulu Live and FSTN. Unless it has recently been removed I've watched it there a number of times. Has NBCSN, too.

Reactions: Softball99

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
My friend in Hendersonville has Hulu Live and FSTN. Unless it has recently been removed I've watched it there a number of times. Has NBCSN, too.

Awesome. I looked at a site that was comparing them all and it didn't show up. Will definitely take another look!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
My DTV bill finally spiked to a point where it’s time to look at some other options. I’ve already got Netflix, Prime, and Disney +.

The initial winner looked to be YouTube TV but the interface is terrible. I’m old school and I prefer having a channel guide. I see it on my laptop but don’t see it in iOS.

What are you guys using? I looked at Hulu Live but they don’t have FS-TN. I obviously need my Preds fix. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
YouTube TV or Hulu live.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Awesome. I looked at a site that was comparing them all and it didn't show up. Will definitely take another look!
He checked his tv and confirmed it's still there. He said it's under "FXS South". Said years ago it was listed as FSTN but hasn't been for some time.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

YouTube TV has a channel guide, it's what I have. It's under the " live " tab. Use it on both my phone and TV.

Preds Partisan

Gunga galunga
Aug 17, 2009
Too bad NHL.TV got rid of the old archives. They had several seasons of every game. Seems like that's something they could/should put back in the system.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
YouTube TV has a channel guide, it's what I have. It's under the " live " tab. Use it on both my phone and TV.

when I use that tab on the laptop it shows a multi hour view. When I use it on my iPhone it only shows current shows. Are you seeing something more robust than that on your phone?

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I see the same thing on my phone as I do on my tv. I have an S8+ though.

Here is what I see in my phone. It’s basically a list of what’s on right now. I’m looking for a way to see what’s on in the future (similar to a traditional guide). What do you see on your phone?
upload_2020-3-19_10-28-19.jpeg

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
How is everyone doing?
I'm working from home as of this afternoon. It's...interesting. Didn't know if my stuff would transfer okay but so far so good.

Groceries are still somewhat bare on Donelson Hermitage side of town. I know it's a problem everywhere but we were already dealing with restocking from tornado so they're having to double stock. I'm sure we're all of the mind that "I've never seen THIS before" and it's taking some getting used to. But humans have a knack of learning new methods assuming we make it through the reason for them. :)

I'm thinking of you all. Hoping you're well. This is a challenge but so far I'm up to it.

Reactions: Marty Party

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Suspecting I'll find out tonight that we are going to working 7 days a week. I am not looking forward to this.

Yall stop eating Mt. Olive Pickles and buying Laura's Lean Beef for a while please.

Last edited:

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Our clinic is still open and trying to triage folks as best we can. We are trying to set up telehealth for our over 65 folks but it is easier said than done.

I also want to give a shoutout to lab workers who having to process all these specimens.

Reactions: Legionnaire11

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
How is everyone doing?
I'm working from home as of this afternoon. It's...interesting. Didn't know if my stuff would transfer okay but so far so good.

Groceries are still somewhat bare on Donelson Hermitage side of town. I know it's a problem everywhere but we were already dealing with restocking from tornado so they're having to double stock. I'm sure we're all of the mind that "I've never seen THIS before" and it's taking some getting used to. But humans have a knack of learning new methods assuming we make it through the reason for them. :)

I'm thinking of you all. Hoping you're well. This is a challenge but so far I'm up to it.

I stopped in at my usual grocery store in the Milwaukee area tonight after work. The Metro Mart (owned by Kroger's) is large and 2 stories high. It has a 4 story parking garage attached that probably holds 300 cars or so. (I never really counted).

The pasta shelf had a few boxes remaining besides spaghetti. There was a large freight cart with cases of unopened pasta waiting for restocking. I had to buy a 1/2 gallon of 1% milk because the only skim milk was in tiny bottles or gallons. The bananas were all green, but their spot was 100% filled. The English muffins were all gone, so I bought a pack of blueberry bagels. I purchased a can of 8 Grand biscuits because the fives were all gone. That was a first since our children moved out. I got 2 boxes of Vermont maple flavored breakfast sausage links. Plenty of every type of sausage was available. The frozen vegetable section was nearly bare. Lots of broccoli and cauliflower was available. It is strange seeing that store look that way and we didn't have a tornado.

Take care down in Music City. The radio said it was going down to 20 F for this first night of Spring. Two Sundays ago, it was sunny and 65 F.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Gambler broke even last night.

RIP Kenny Rogers

I saw that on the news this morning. They showed two short video segments. One was from The Gambler. The other one showed a frail old man who could barely walk. It does make me think about what is 20 years or so in my own future. While not a Country Music fan, I did appreciate his music going back to the First Edition days. I remember watching the Rollin' On the River TV show. I found it very entertaining in my youth.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
I saw a mentally unstable person in a Chick-Fil-A drive thru this morning. Just got of their car while in line and started walking away, all the while talking to themselves. Loudly.

It was a sight. I thought they were on their Bluetooth at first until they left their car door open, walked out of the CFA lot, pointing and talking to no one in particular.

They finally got back into their car, with the urging of a CFA employee and left the drive thru lane.

I think CFA called the police but they hadn't arrived by the time that person had left.

Whoever it was, needed help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino