OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
They are poaching flour here in Western NY....

Yes, flour...for baking.
Early on, that was one of the things my sister was looking for and couldn't find so she asked me to look at the store. Not one bag, except for some specialty flours like chickpea and flax. My friend whose mom lives in Nebraska said that was something they couldn't find, either. I finally found a 2 lb sack at the Spanish market a week later. Sis ended up ordering from a bakery so I kept it. She and my mother do a lot more baking than I do--2 lb wouldn't have lasted a week for them.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Gas is as low as 94 cents a gallon in Milwaukee. I heard that we are the lowest price in the US.

Last night I was at a drive through for 30 minutes after ordering online. We have cheap gas, but no place to go.

I have personally seen $1.17 and one station near work that is $1.79! It is just crazy here.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Gas is as low as 94 cents a gallon in Milwaukee. I heard that we are the lowest price in the US.

Last night I was at a drive through for 30 minutes after ordering online. We have cheap gas, but no place to go.

I have personally seen $1.17 and one station near work that is $1.79! It is just crazy here.

We are in the 1.19 to 1.29 range. Between the oil price war and the drastically reduced demand, I'm surprised it isnt heading even lower

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Does anyone know if HF was planning to do this migration when they did all along? or was it something planned for the offseason, which we happened to get to early?

Because if it happened as planned, could you imagine trying to use this forum as it is during what would currently be the playoffs?

Between a lengthy pause in hockey, and the state of the boards (even assuming the issues are ironed out by then), i'd expect a noticeable drop in users whenever things eventually get underway again.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Does anyone know if HF was planning to do this migration when they did all along? or was it something planned for the offseason, which we happened to get to early?

Because if it happened as planned, could you imagine trying to use this forum as it is during what would currently be the playoffs?

Between a lengthy pause in hockey, and the state of the boards (even assuming the issues are ironed out by then), i'd expect a noticeable drop in users whenever things eventually get underway again.
They can't lose ME that easily.
Same thing happened last time they migrated, but you'd think it would be worked out by now.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
They called this a migration but we are still on mandatory and didnt have to reregister. I dont even think I had to log back in. So this was something different than last time

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
While Tennessee has had numerous notable musicians, both country and not country, one band I feel is underrated is the hair band Tora Tora from Memphis. Their only "hit" single, "Walkin' Shoes" only reached #86 on the Hot 100. I felt they should have been bigger. But hair metal was an overcrowded market, as it always was in the 80s and early 90s. It didn't help that grunge took away most of its popularity starting in 1991.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Gas has gone up in Milwaukee. A station that was $1.09 a week ago is now $1.59. The BP stations are higher than everyone else.

PredsV82

Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Gas has gone up in Milwaukee. A station that was $1.09 a week ago is now $1.59. The BP stations are higher than everyone else.

Price here jumped 20 cents in one day last week and has stayed there. Still only 1.40 so I'm not complaining

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I finally got down to 100 miles left on my fill up from 3/16/2020. (Starts at 410 available) Most of it was from driving to get food or to recharge my phone battery since we lost power a few days. Now that electricity is back I'm hoping I can make this last til May 16, just because it's a full 2 month period.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I feel like a real athlete now, I had to have an injection in my shoulder. ow.

Cortisone? My wife had injections in her knee. The first time she wanted to dance with me on the patio. Each injection lasted half the time of the previous one. The last was good for about 2 weeks.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Cortisone? My wife had injections in her knee. The first time she wanted to dance with me on the patio. Each injection lasted half the time of the previous one. The last was good for about 2 weeks.

The dr told me that it won't kick in for 2 days. Still hurting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->