Not open for further replies.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
*me, sitting around my house, talking to no one in particular* owen powers
*me, sitting the psychiatrist's office, taking a Rorschach test* owen powers
*me, any time anyone says "actually his name is Owen Power"* owen powers

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
I don’t now whats causing the impasse between the Stars and Robertson. Term? Salary? Both?

But if he's looking for an 8yr deal at 8mil AAV (or more), like several recent deals around the league. I‘d have a hard time believing the Sabres would be interested in that.
Obv we would prob, but have to be an offer sheet and we don't have the 3rd rounder to make it happen. (or the desire to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd).

I'd be curious what $$$ it would take to offer sheet Alex Formenton at the cost of only a 2nd rounder assuming $4.2m or less. Creates a little more mess this year with developing younger players but great next assuming we aren't re-signing Girgs, Bjork (obv), possibly Okposo, Hino (hope we re-sign), and possibly Asplund.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Obv we would prob, but have to be an offer sheet and we don't have the 3rd rounder to make it happen. (or the desire to give up 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd).

I'd be curious what $$$ it would take to offer sheet Alex Formenton at the cost of only a 2nd rounder assuming $4.2m or less. Creates a little more mess this year with developing younger players but great next assuming we aren't re-signing Girgs, Bjork (obv), possibly Okposo, Hino (hope we re-sign), and possibly Asplund.
We’re not going to offersheet anyone.

Grouch

Apr 22, 2021
This.

Also we are not creating a lineup entirely of kids. There will always be a guy or two like Girg or KO around.
So 1) I admit I read orig post as "I can't believe the Sabres WOULDNT be interested in that. That's my bad.

However,

define 'kids'. to me 24 with 2-4 yrs NHL exp is not a kid. Kid is 18-21. As for Okposo/Girgs, we have Skinner, Tuch, Vinnie, and I'd rather take their $8.2m cap hit coming off and get 1 good vet.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I think the whole hockey Canada investigation may be playing a role in why he isn't signed yet. Granted that's just speculation, but I believe he was one of the only players who didn't outright deny any involvement in the allegations.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I think the whole hockey Canada investigation may be playing a role in why he isn't signed yet. Granted that's just speculation, but I believe he was one of the only players who didn't outright deny any involvement in the allegations.

from what I’ve read it seems he was deeply involved in it and could see a suspension from the nhl and criminal charges

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I don’t now whats causing the impasse between the Stars and Robertson. Term? Salary? Both?

But if he's looking for an 8yr /8mil AAV (or more) deal. I have a hard time believing the Sabres would be interested in that.
This season they don’t have the cap space. about $7.5M in space and 3 more roster spots vacant

they have to sign Hintz next summer.
Benn contract ends in 3 years. They could do a 3 yr bridge to that cap space.

Buffalo Norsemen

Mar 7, 2019
Sportsplex
Biron pointed out today that the Sabres have been dismal on faceoffs this preseason. Cozens was 2/11 vs Car for ie and there are really no solution's internally currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad