Off-season roster thread #3 -- Post-draft and upcoming Free Agency

Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
How does Priskie look for y’all? I always thought he was a NHLer when with Florida but we had too much RHD depth
He looks great in the AHL. Sample size too small in the NHL and it's going to be tough to jump over the guys that won't be getting NHL ice time, especially if Granato truely thinks RD/LD is interchangable.

Reactions: joshjull

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
How does Priskie look for y’all? I always thought he was a NHLer when with Florida but we had too much RHD depth

I like what I've seen. Building on the other responses, he looks like he'll be in the mix for time when inevitable injury recalls happen. Right now, of the group they brought in this summer to compete in the 7/8/9 slot, I would say he's behind only Pilut who looks like he's going to make things interesting in the debate about who is in and who is out of the lineup.

Reactions: Fjordy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Maybe you are right - but i disagree that they can necessarily play with ANYONE.

It's obvious to me that these guys need capable, steady partners in order to be fully effective.

I'd expect their extra ice time to be made up mostly by the PP & potential game deciding situations where they could be out there together.
with an 84M cap….you structure around 3/7 for D/G
you can also look at it as paying a 9-5-1 roster In a 60/40 split and then the remaining 7 skaters+ goalie=12M

say you resign Samuelsson for about $4M for6 years
dahlin gets 9
Power gets similar bridge as Dahlin…..for $6M

if you look at $36M for D/G
$5M for both goalies
$12M for the 4 D is remaking.
if you plan on a $1,5M for the vet 6/7 Dman
$1M on an ELC/Bridge
$2.5M on a 4-6 type

thr team could afford a mid level $4M-$5M player….or 2 at $3.5M

thry are not in a market for high level UFA Dmen.

where i think they shop is in the market for a young RD that they can sign on a 5+ yr contract or one under contract with 4+ yrs of team control.

if Buffalo becomes a very good team it will be far easier for them to sign low vets in search of a cup run.

Reactions: Team Cozens

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
We got a new Team Doggooooooooo!!!!
FB_IMG_1664814498231.jpg

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

In Western New York, the Sabres have gone about their latest way to rebuild the organization in a much more patient and well-thought-out means than they’ve tried under previous regimes. Where GM Kevyn Adams has taken the steady approach is where previous GMs Jason Botterill and Tim Murray’s efforts landed Buffalo right back to square one again and again. Patience is, so far, a virtue for the Sabres and making rash trades or signings is something they haven’t done.

Oddly enough, this is what makes Buffalo a very intriguing team to make a run at rising star Robertson, and former-NHLers-turned-podcasters Andrew Peters and Craig Rivet even said they believe the Sabres reached out to Dallas about the unsigned star.

Robertson’s age (23) makes him much different than other trade targets they’ve tried in the past to help the Sabres take the next step. He’s much more in line with the young core of talent Buffalo has with Rasmus Dahlin (22), Owen Power (19), Tage Thompson (24), Dylan Cozens (21), and Jack Quinn (21). Even veteran younger players like Casey Mittelstadt (23) and Alex Tuch (26) are in the same generation as Robertson. Those prospects aren’t the only ones cooking for Buffalo either; they’re just the ones set to be in the NHL right now.

Buffalo has more than enough assets when it comes to prospects, draft picks and, perhaps most importantly, salary-cap space to make bringing in Robertson an absolute no-brainer. Buffalo wouldn’t be sacrificing the future to add him because…he’d also be part of the future and they would still have plenty of prospects and draft picks even after a trade. You can’t cheat the rebuild, and past regimes certainly tried to do that, but acquiring Robertson would enhance it instead.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Interesting that he has exactly the same untouchables or 'core' as i had when posting about this last week. Quinn is there - but the likes of Peterka, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund etc aren't.
I have a feeling the Sabres have a different list of guys that are untouchable in a potential Robertson deal.

For instance, I think they view Quinn and Peterka pretty interchangeably. And I would be surprised if they were willing to move any of the 3 2022 1sts yet.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Everyone has their guy, and for me it's peterka. I think he's going to be really good, really soon. Dare I say underrated, even amongst sabres fans?

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Of all the labels to place on JJP, underrated, especially by Sabres fans, is not a label I would place on him.
Just based on my opinion of him. Maybe not underrated in a vacuum but relative to our other prospects

Seems like a lot of people have Power, Quinn, a gap, then Peterka, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, as evidenced in the Robertson trade discussion. There's always uncertainty with prospects but I think JJ has shown enough to warrant a more certain projection as a good NHLer than the guys drafted this year

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Just based on my opinion of him. Maybe not underrated in a vacuum but relative to our other prospects

Seems like a lot of people have Power, Quinn, a gap, then Peterka, Savoie, Kulich, Ostlund, as evidenced in the Robertson trade discussion. There's always uncertainty with prospects but I think JJ has shown enough to warrant a more certain projection as a good NHLer than the guys drafted this year
I think most people think that Quinn, Peterka, Savoie, Ostlund, and Kulich all project as good NHLers. The only real gap is the fact that Quinn & JJP are older. People are always going to more likely to give up a guy that has a longer time before hitting the NHL lineup.

That's why I think many Sabres fans will be more willing to give up Ostlund than Kulich because they perceive Kulich closer given that he will be playing in Rochester this season.

Personally, I view Quinn & Peterka as very similar when it comes to long term impact on the Sabres.

Reactions: Digable5

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
Stockholm Syndrome at play here?
Lol. Just think they look pretty good. Why did they remove them ?

Lol. Just think they look pretty good. Why did they remove them
How have rosen, kulich, Savoie and Ostlund looked ? Anyone rank them ? Will they play for sabres next season ?

Rosen should after 2 season be ready ? Savoie should be ready ? What about Ostlund and kulich ?

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
Lol. Just think they look pretty good. Why did they remove them ?

How have rosen, kulich, Savoie and Ostlund looked ? Anyone rank them ? Will they play for sabres next season ?

Rosen should after 2 season be ready ? Savoie should be ready ? What about Ostlund and kulich ?
Next season after this season

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
By process of elimnation, sounds to me like they will opt to keep an exta forward up over a D, and waiver exemption will play a hand in who gets sent down. Sorry Pilut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad