Post-Game Talk: ECSF GAME 3 - Sunrise 6 BRUINS 2 - Florida leads series 2-1

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
To be fair, he probably didn't see the punch and figured it was just a hit. The guys on the bench didn't react either. And all of us watching though it was a hit. Until now.

Jake lead the team with hits in this game. Imagine that.
Guys did not react to the multiple punches to Pasta's head while down either. Maybe its an eyesight problem. Would explain the constant whiffing. I don't recall Tkatchuk even getting close to being hit the way he should have been. Result: worry free three assist game!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Game summary of the Bruins first two periods....

1715407193661.jpeg

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Guys did not react to the multiple punches to Pasta's head while down either. Maybe its an eyesight problem. Would explain the constant whiffing. I don't recall Tkatchuk even getting close to being hit the way he should have been. Result: worry free three assist game!
All comes down to the way team is coached.You allow your players to do that with more ice time & they will continue to do it because it's the easy way .

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Great job Monty of having this team ready to play. This just can't happen in front of your home crowd time and time again. Another horrific night by the refs, Monty gets zero respect from them, he has to speak up on behalf of the team about this. Our 2 true stars McAvoy and Pastrnak have to be a lot better, they are being owned by Florida. I expect Ullmark to be in for game 4.
So the key to BRUINS success is 1)Monty has to constantly whine and 2)MAC and Pasta have to become a lot better. Of those two, I believe the odds are better that Monty becomes a whiner.

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Mason Lohrei's penalty was the fatal blow tonight

Brad has to be hurting to have the docs pull him from the lineup.......

League needs to look at that dirty sucker punch

So the key to BRUINS success is 1)Monty has to constantly whine and 2)MAC and Pasta have to become a lot better. Of those two, I believe the odds are better that Monty becomes a whiner.
Monty don't have his players backs at all.He is quick though to attack them.

Reactions: Gordoff

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
All comes down to the way team is coached.You allow your players to do that with more ice time & they will continue to do it because it's the easy way .
Instead of the Bruins coming out on fire from the opening faceoff like I thought they would (after that last embarrassing game in Florida), they looked like a ship without a rudder

No direction or game plan had them on their heels getting hemmed in their zone right off the bat, and they only managed to get 3 friggin shots in the 1st period, and 5 in the 2nd

..they didn't wake up until the 3rd after getting down 4-0, and came close to making it a 1 goal game, but you cannot get away with playing only 10 minutes in the playoffs

Why can't they start the game the way they played in the 3rd ??

The Bruins may lack the horses, but Monty has to prepare and coach this team better if they want any shot at making this a competitive series

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Mason Lohrei's penalty was the fatal blow tonight

Brad has to be hurting to have the docs pull him from the lineup.......

Marchand looked like he got his bell rung good......he's probably in concussion protocol

Bennett is a scumbag........and deserves some payback next game

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Montgomery on the Lauko "penalty"? Anything on the interference? The Bruins need calls especially if trailing in game 4.

5v5 cannot play from behind.
I saw them ask him postgame for his thoughts on officials calls & he said we needed to be better first 2 periods

Marchand looked like he got his bell rung good......he's probably in concussion protocol

Bennett is a scumbag........and deserves some payback next game
Should be suspended it's a head shot on unsuspecting player.

McAvoy leads all players in 2024 playoffs with 16 give aways

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
You have to consider putting Gryz back in just to wake McAvoy up. Not like the meat & potatoes exits are working anyway.

The whole penalty/scrutiny nonsense is a distraction from the fact that the Bruins have absolutely zero gameplan. They have capable players but never find themselves in the offensive zone.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
Look, even if they lose the series... we would then get to watch Florida attempt to play the dirtbag game against NYR who hit to hurt and have a ridiculous PP.

B's in 7
Yeah, I think I might take a pass on that viewing experience if it materializes...

Thing is Boston Cups in my lifetime were never won by Lady Bingers. Could be argued (!!!) by other fanbases that so-called "dirtbaggery" was part of the winning formula, e.g. Ference was waving the flag tonite and concussed Halpern accidentally on purpose in the 2011 run. Playoffs still retain that aspect, where intensity, animosity go up 5X (including hitzzzz for that other poster who still believes they don't count - count em just for fun, especially those received by 88, 63 and 73). Bs can't seem to be able to match FLA in that dept just by adding Maroon. Agree punching a guy while down is full on cheap, but if you take it as a team, like Van after Sedin getting speedbaged by Marchand, without nipping that shit in the bud, and all we have left to resort to is calling FLA dirtbags then we're now hab or nuck fans I guess. Vast majority of Cup winners since Bruins last won have fired first and asked questions later. Big Bad Bruins team played with the fear of letting your teammates down (Cheevers) and no one on the team would ever fight alone (Orr). I feel like they let Pasta down tonite, one game after letting him fight alone and saying "I would do anything for these guys". You think if McDavid decides to square off with Tkachuck in the same way no Oiler would have intervened right then and there? Not come out guns a blazing next game? Always Sunday to make up for it I guess, but tonite wasn't it, unfortunately.

Secord

Mar 23, 2013
After last year, 73 looks like he fought a UFC three-rounder, 88 punched in the head while down and 63 probably concussed by two separate shots landed by Bennett. All with very limited response. Ouch.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Many expected a line brawl tonight even before the puck dropped - nothing happened.

The Bruins need to do it before Game 4 if, for no other reason, it could be their last home game this season. Get the crowd into it early..........

We are not 'The Big Bad Bruins' anymore - the team is Yogi and Boo-Boo

yogi-bear-boo-boo-bear-marching-921ovyj5abibshnn.gif

This is the all-time classic - a full-blown brawl during warmups

Look at the boxscore of that night - nobody got a penalty because the game had not started

We don't know who the officials will be yet but I fear Steve Kozari will be one of them.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Look, even if they lose the series... we would then get to watch Florida attempt to play the dirtbag game against NYR who hit to hurt and have a ridiculous PP.

B's in 7
Eh, I hate the Rangers too so not much consolation to be had there :laugh:

I'd rather pull for a western team. Of the 4 left, I'll take Colorado

• Haha
Reactions: Carl Hungus

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I didn't expect a line brawl, nor did I want one. I'm not exactly sure what that's supposed to accomplish other than seeing more Bruins get beat up and playing right into the hands of the Panthers.

Florida is the better team and they are built for this. It's ok wanting to be the hammer, not the nail, but that want doesn't grow brute strength. Remember Dan Hamhuis trying to be the hammer against Milan Lucic and missing the entire Final? Say hello to Sam Bennett.

Florida is playing the long game. After losing to Vegas they revealed Tkachuk was injured in Round One. They learned valuable lessons and took care of Tampa in five.

Are the Bruins gassed? Sure looks like it, but they had pitiful efforts in games five and six against Toronto and ended up in overtime of Game Seven.

Florida is also doing a great job mixing it up - sometimes they bring their patented heavy forecheck, while other times they party like it's 1999 and play a trap. The Bruins have difficulty solving both.

All that being said, take away the PP goals and it's much closer. And the first goal was soon after Florida's first PP ended.

I hate cliches, but did the Bruins play a full 60 minutes? No.

Did they give 110%? No, or at least I hope not.

Did they play their game? No, they played Florida's; which doesn't bother them in the least. They even scratched Cousins, and does anyone remember Lomberg?They don't even need those two pests.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad