GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
This is the 3rd time I'm going to be posting this:

We gave Matthews a VERY handsome contract and he is basically picking and choosing games where he wants to physically engage.
The game of hockey REQUIRES you to put your body on the line. This boy is literally going out his way to avoid contact on the ice. We paid this boy 11.7 x 5 so he can forego the physical aspect of hockey whenever he feels like it? Is this seriously the level of entitlement we're allowing in this organization?
I agree but this post will NOT go over well here. ;)

He turns his back whenever contact comes his way.

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
You guys are something else. Compete level is not a problem this year at all.
I swear man, this fanbase is brainwashed by watching too many Mike Babcock interviews. Every team works hard, if you don’t think every team is trying 100% you’re a f***ing idiot.

How about we play our good players 20 mins a night. How about we create a system that doesnt stretch pass every breakout. Look at how San Jose, Vegas and Tampa exit the zone. It’s creative, touch passes and players supporting up the ice within range of each other. They also can use the stretch but last season we attempted the most with the lowest completion percentage. How about a defensive system that’s aggressive and pushes the points and the outer edges of the ice. We sit in the middle and watch teams cycle and pepper shots from the outside. Watch St Louis NYI and Arizona. They create tons of turnovers and chances up ice. Why can’t we adapt based off of the team and situation? Babcocks inability to adapt is going to f*** us again and it’s unsurprising.

That being said it’s so so early in the year but I’m sick of seeing the same problems 3 years in a row.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Let the trades begin! Will be a great new Era after Dubas is gone and we get a new PM. Hope again! No Drama

Dude outside of Matthews, who the hell is tradeable? Marner is NOT worth his 11 mil and Tavares has a NTC. Nylander has the best contract of the 4.

We are cap f***ed.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
This team just isn't willing to dig in mentally or physically

Any excuse and they fold up and quit giving a game winning/changing effort

I just don't know what to think about the team, the facade looks great but structurally there's some serious issues

Reactions: Legendary

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
I swear man, this fanbase is brainwashed by watching too many Mike Babcock interviews. Every team works hard, if you don’t think every team is trying 100% you’re a ****ing idiot.

How about we play our good players 20 mins a night. How about we create a system that doesnt stretch pass every breakout. Look at how San Jose, Vegas and Tampa exit the zone. It’s creative, touch passes and players supporting up the ice within range of each other. They also can use the stretch but last season we attempted the most with the lowest completion percentage. How about a defensive system that’s aggressive and pushes the points and the outer edges of the ice. We sit in the middle and watch teams cycle and pepper shots from the outside. Watch St Louis NYI and Arizona. They create tons of turnovers and chances up ice. Why can’t we adapt based off of the team and situation? Babcocks inability to adapt is going to **** us again and it’s unsurprising.

That being said it’s so so early in the year but I’m sick of seeing the same problems 3 years in a row.

And nothing will change. Ever. Babcock will not change and we know this.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
I see the same things since Jan last year.

No creativity as soon as opposing teams tighte up D - aka ahead more than 1 goal.

We either score to the point where we laugh at shots or we have nothing else to do but try One and Done plays.

Its so frustrating seeing this team struggle with same crap year after year after year with a whole different lineup.

Lets hope Babcock changes it up. Lines and plays and systems vs a heavier team in Caps.

Reactions: Al14

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I swear man, this fanbase is brainwashed by watching too many Mike Babcock interviews. Every team works hard, if you don’t think every team is trying 100% you’re a ****ing idiot.

How about we play our good players 20 mins a night. How about we create a system that doesnt stretch pass every breakout. Look at how San Jose, Vegas and Tampa exit the zone. It’s creative, touch passes and players supporting up the ice within range of each other. They also can use the stretch but last season we attempted the most with the lowest completion percentage. How about a defensive system that’s aggressive and pushes the points and the outer edges of the ice. We sit in the middle and watch teams cycle and pepper shots from the outside. Watch St Louis NYI and Arizona. They create tons of turnovers and chances up ice. Why can’t we adapt based off of the team and situation? Babcocks inability to adapt is going to **** us again and it’s unsurprising.

You seem to think our players are capable of playing like all these teams you just listed.

Has it ever occurred to you that they, quite simply, can not?

I don't care watch coach is in charge, William Nylander is always going to play like a p***y.

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
This is the 3rd time I'm going to be posting this:

We gave Matthews a VERY handsome contract and he is basically picking and choosing games where he wants to physically engage.
The game of hockey REQUIRES you to put your body on the line. This boy is literally going out his way to avoid contact on the ice. We paid this boy 11.7 x 5 so he can forego the physical aspect of hockey whenever he feels like it? Is this seriously the level of entitlement we're allowing in this organization?

I'm usually hard on Matthews but he's been pretty great so far this season. It's the other 2 that need more especially Willy who started really well and then the last 3-4 games he's been back to having a decent shit and then a few really bad ones where he's floating, not wanting to engage. etc.. Johnsson had one game where he just went around hitting everything and kept getting penalties(which obviously you don't want) but i really liked his game otherwise because he was also causing turnovers and hitting..Well, lately he's been invisible too. The last few games only Matthews has looked good on both ends. This game is more about mental mistakes that are mostly coming from the dmen..Ceci, Rielly and Muzzin especially.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Dude outside of Matthews, who the hell is tradeable? Marner is NOT worth his 11 mil and Tavares has a NTC. Nylander has the best contract of the 4.

We are cap ****ed.

Kappy and AJ because Miky and Moore! We can do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad