GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Come on man. EVERY SINGLE ANALYST SAID WE ARE NOT BUILT TOUGH.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And Dubas proudly admitted that he believes skill wins out in the end. So here we are. This is what we have.
Kadri was the one skilled guy that played "bigger" than his weight. Leafs have great talent but little grit.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Sometimes I wonder about some posters here. Complete meltdowns every time we lose. A passion shouldn't be that unhealthy for you.
Honestly sometimes when I see myself approaching a meltdown, I’ll just take a week off HFBoards/Leafs reddit etc... it’s easy for my negative emotions to get amplified when I’m around other negative people. Or I’ll focus on doing non-hockey related things like playing video games. You’re right that it shouldn’t be unhealthy

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
If the Leafs owners fire a HoF coach, after firing a HoF GM to accommodate a guy with no pro hockey experience and a borderline disaster of a track record in 1 year on the job. They deserve the misery coming to them.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Sometimes I wonder about some posters here. Complete meltdowns every time we lose. A passion shouldn't be that unhealthy for you.

There entitled to be pissed off, I've never followed a more talented team that can't get out of its own way

Just play with some effort, it's not that complicated

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
and when he does, who does Dubby place blame on?

that is the reason Dubby won't fire Babcock.
This team is too soft. It is what it is. Not sure how you fix it with zero salary cap available.

Now... if Matthews and Marner had taken $1.5M each less... they'd still be rich and we'd have a little money to spend.

I say trade Nylander.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto

I always say... If Dubas only reason is to not fire babcock is because he will look like Moneyball idiot handing contracts based on snipes and overpaying...

Well... There goes another decade of Hockey obscurity. We have a window and Babcock needs to be replaced by someone who can build a team with speed plays vs Chip and pass.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
I'm right there with ya. I predict a wild card race or worse.

And guess what?!

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!! (we won't finish bottom 5)

And guess what else!?

WE HAVE NO MONEY TO SIGN ANYONE SO WE WILL BE EVEN WORSE NEXT YEAR!!!!

All praise Dubas and our greedy ****ing movie stars who wrecked this team for at least what? 6 years?

Is your caps lock broken? No one's thrilled with tonight you don't have to use caps lock to be taken seriously...in fact I guarantee it does the opposite

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto

Im most surprised Shanahan is letting this kind of shit slide. He didn’t strike me as that kind of guy. I was hoping he’d be bad cop in the negotiations and get a fair deal at least. But this shit and the no accountability is surprising to me. He came in all piss and vinegar to ditch Phanuef and Kessel because of their embarrassing compete level. We not have the same compete level from an all new crop of players

Big Cactus

Gud Pro
Apr 9, 2018
Toronto
You seem to think our players are capable of playing like all these teams you just listed.

Has it ever occurred to you that they, quite simply, can not?

I don't care watch coach is in charge, William Nylander is always going to play like a *****.
Labanc, Palat, Marchessault, Keller, Schwartz, Barzal. Every one of those teams I listed has a player that thrives on the perimeter. If you think one player changes a team you need to watch more puck. We could easily have a system like Tampa San Jose or Vegas. Not sure what you’re saying here.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
There entitled to be pissed off, I've never followed a more talented team that can't get out of its own way

I think they bought their own Kool Aid and think they’re one of the most talented teams. They’re not nearly talented enough to play this loose.

Reactions: Suntouchable13

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
2 goal deficit only 20 mins to go I would mix it up and roll the lines especially since we are on a back to back and have boston coming up next we need 2 points against boston; divisional rival its a 4 point game

Based on what we saw in the first six games plus two periods tonight, no way they can win against Boston.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
Another reason could be that Shanahan won't let him.

Maybe that is true.

Shanny has the experience to recognize the teams problems aren't driven by Babcock, as much as some of this fanbase wants to believe.

Babcock has his issues, but the teams current success (or lack thereof) is a result of one person, and that person isn't Babcock.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Honestly sometimes when I see myself approaching a meltdown, I’ll just take a week off HFBoards/Leafs reddit etc... it’s easy for my negative emotions to get amplified when I’m around other negative people. Or I’ll focus on doing non-hockey related things like playing video games. You’re right that it shouldn’t be unhealthy
You sound like a smart person. I respect people who know themselves that well.

LeafsLegendAkiBerg

The original great 8
Oct 12, 2006
AJ stays before Nylander. You get the same player pretty much for less money.

We need to dump marner.

With fans like these we legit don't deserve star players. Watch other teams. Their stars don't look amazing 82 games a year and every shift.

But yeah, let's just dump Marner for whatever we can get and restart the rebuild so we can shit on whatever player we draft a few years from now.

Reactions: Auston 316

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell

That second period was a shit show of everything going wrong all at once.
Before that they were playing pretty damn well.

Oh and Marincin, I don't know if he just had the worst luck inh but it seems like every time he's out there the puck ends up in our net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->