GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
2 goal deficit only 20 mins to go I would mix it up and roll the lines especially since we are on a back to back and have boston coming up next we need 2 points against boston; divisional rival its a 4 point game

for the next 20 mins i would spread the offense

Mikheyev-JT-Kapanen
Moore-Matthews-Marner
Johnsson-Kerfoot-Nylander

roll these three lines with occasional 4th line shift. if we lose then we lose; at least try something different

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
This team just isn't willing to dig in mentally or physically

Any excuse and they fold up and quit giving a game winning/changing effort

I just don't know what to think about the team, the facade looks great but structurally there's some serious issues

Come on man. EVERY SINGLE ANALYST SAID WE ARE NOT BUILT TOUGH.

EVERY SINGLE ONE.

And Dubas proudly admitted that he believes skill wins out in the end. So here we are. This is what we have.

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
I see us taking a step back in points this year.

You can't give out the raises we did to our forwards and not take away from other areas.
I disagree with you in a sense where I can see us bettering our 100 points from last year
I agree with you fully in the sense where we will take a step back by losing to the Bruins in less than 7 games this year.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
for sure.

it's absolutely Babcock's fault our stars are playing like hot garbage.

absolutely for sure.

We’ve seen this type of horrible defensive team in Toronto before in the Phil Kessel era. They thought they could out gun their problems and I see the same tendencies today. Everyone thinks we can dangle snipe tic tac toe backdoor pass or score off the rush away our problems.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
I disagree with you in a sense where I can see us bettering our 100 points from last year
I agree with you fully in the sense where we will take a step back by losing to the Bruins in less than 7 games this year.

It'll be close no doubt.

This is definitely a regular season team and they'll get their points against middling/weak teams, but struggle with the big boys.

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Let the trades begin! Will be a great new Era after Dubas is gone and we get a new PM. Hope again! No Drama
Who are we going to trade? I guarantee you that no team will trade for Marner.

Even Matthews could be a hard sell. Coyotes maybe because he hails from there but we will definitely have to take back money.

Best contract we could trade is Nylanders and I'm not sure I would trade him.

Bigmarycombo

Jul 15, 2017
You can’t win hockey games in this league with AHL goaltending

Let’s say Andersen plays 60 games
Hutchinson has to play 22

I’m not sure we can get 20 points out of hutch

We will be hard pressed to make the playoffs if we don’t get
An NHL backup

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I don't. In fact I might be in a minority position but I think this years Leafs are a worse team than last years team.

I'm right there with ya. I predict a wild card race or worse.

And guess what?!

WE DON'T EVEN HAVE OUR FIRST ROUND PICK!!!! (we won't finish bottom 5)

And guess what else!?

WE HAVE NO MONEY TO SIGN ANYONE SO WE WILL BE EVEN WORSE NEXT YEAR!!!!

All praise Dubas and our greedy f***ing movie stars who wrecked this team for at least what? 6 years?

Reactions: 2525

Legendary

Sep 1, 2016
These players just don’t have it. Hope no one is expecting a cup anytime soon and honestly I don’t even think they make the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad