GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ifittex il Verita

Sep 11, 2019
This is the 3rd time I'm going to be posting this:

We gave Matthews a VERY handsome contract and he is basically picking and choosing games where he wants to physically engage.
The game of hockey REQUIRES you to put your body on the line. This boy is literally going out his way to avoid contact on the ice. We paid this boy 11.7 x 5 so he can forego the physical aspect of hockey whenever he feels like it? Is this seriously the level of entitlement we're allowing in this organization?

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey

We gave Matthews a VERY handsome contract and he is basically picking and choosing games where he wants to physically engage.
The game of hockey REQUIRES you to put your body on the line. This boy is literally going out his way to avoid contact on the ice. We paid this boy 11.7 x 5 so he can forego the physical aspect of hockey whenever he feels like it? Is this seriously the level of entitlement we're allowing in this organization?
Who are you? Where did you sprout up from?

Reactions: Walshy7

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Caps are looking for their 1st home win. At some point we gotta give them credit for sticking with it. They're playing a helluva game. Total domination. Yet, only down by 2. It's still a game.
It was really just one brief period where we took a crap load of penalties including one on Shore that goes uncalled 99% of the time.
If they start calling that all game we'd be in the PP for 60 minutes a game.
Leafs need to find their feet. Scoring three goals against this caps team is not an impossible task.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Gotta say, Rielly has been the most disappointing Leaf for me this year. He's just lost our there and losing every battle. He took some big steps the past two years, let's hope he figures it out soon

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

Carltons Cup

Let's Do This..
Feb 22, 2018
Thank God I bought cheap nose bleed seats for this game. That period was a shyte show.

The undisciplined penalties killed us. Our PK is brutal. Caps entering the zone way too easy.

I hope the 3rd period is better.

Reactions: Stamkos4life

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Let the trades begin! Will be a great new Era after Dubas is gone and we get a new PM. Hope again! No Drama

frizzer1

Oct 19, 2013
When they announced that Babcock was coming back this year I felt that they would be spinning their wheels until he was fired.
And it sure looks like that to me now.

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles

Yes.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Not concerned about back up goalie but this team lacks:

- a top 5 MVP type player that can take over a game every night (Prime Kane,McDavid,Malkin, Crosby, Kucherov type) Matthews/Marner just not there yet.
- No elite RHD on the top pair. (Pitreangelo or Parayko type)

We have a very, very good team, but sometimes the enemy of great is good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad