GDT: October 16th Leafs at Caps 7:00pm on SN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
I'm much older than you buddy(unless you are in your 50's) and i can only tell you what i and many my age feel about this team in comparison to what i thought about those other teams(the last in the league ones)..Today's fan is much different from 20-30 years back. You want to watch this **** and bunch of scared little girls, you can keep doing it..I have almost never seen an all star game in my life(i just don't think it's interesting, i hate how little people try, how soft player are..this team plays almost every game like it's an all star game and try to win based on skill alone). I am slowly watching less and less and i barely have missed any games in the past 25 years. "Night and day" heh.
give your head a shake. age has nothing to do with facts. if you enjoy losing laughing stock teams then go back to watching burke seasons and get off the forum

Reactions: Bobby Terrance

Stamkos4life

Oct 25, 2018
Going into the 2nd period we were up 2-1. We then were outshot 12-1 and outscored 3-0.

That is a lack of effort. This team is not looking like a contender yet.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Is your caps lock broken? No one's thrilled with tonight you don't have to use caps lock to be taken seriously...in fact I guarantee it does the opposite

Need to drive home the point that tonight is just an example of a systemic core issue with this team, how it's built and what our future holds.

And yeah, that's why I'm bitchy. Soon the acceptance phase will click in and I'll just come to terms that we are Chicago without the cups.

Reactions: JustAShadow

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I see us taking a step back in points this year.

You can't give out the raises we did to our forwards and not take away from other areas.

Disagree on the bolded because in respect to the fact that we are a much better team on paper this year IMO.

Ceci + Barrie >> Hainsey + Gardiner
*Also a full year of Muzzin

Kerfoot + Mikheyev + Moore (didnt play in most of reg season) >/= Kadri + Ennis + Marleau

We are missing one of our top 6 forwards and a defenseman that should contribute as a #4.

Add development of our young players with no players above 35 and regressing, we have a better team than last year. We just need to figure out how to get everybody meshing and hopwfullyw e get a boost when Hyman/Dermott are back as well.

Reactions: Ryan Michaels

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Sometimes I wonder about some posters here. Complete meltdowns every time we lose. A passion shouldn't be that unhealthy for you.
The team is fine. It will do well and make the playoffs. However, I really can't see us advancing against top teams once the playoffs start. Not with this team being so "light". Hope I'm wrong.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
With fans like these we legit don't deserve star players. Watch other teams. Their stars don't look amazing 82 games a year and every shift.

But yeah, let's just dump Marner for whatever we can get and restart the rebuild so we can **** on whatever player we draft a few years from now.

Bud. With the arrogant, selfish stars we have...those 4 single handily destroyed our team for at least 6 years.

Think about that. Why even bother getting stars that would play for less anywhere else?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Labanc, Palat, Marchessault, Keller, Schwartz, Barzal. Every one of those teams I listed has a player that thrives on the perimeter. If you think one player changes a team you need to watch more puck. We could easily have a system like Tampa San Jose or Vegas. Not sure what you’re saying here.

One player.

The Leafs have a countless amount of one-way players on both forward and defence.

Dubas' collection of cream puffs are in no way capable of playing like any of those teams and if that even needs to be explained to you, it would seem it's you that needs to watch more puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad