Pre-Game Talk: nyrcar

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
TORONTO - The Canes' roster features the maximum of 31 players, including 16 forwards, 11 defensemen and four goalies.
Included on the roster is defenseman Brett Pesce, who remains sidelined after undergoing surgery in the spring. His recovery time of four to six months puts him in position for a potential September return, though he is not currently with the team.
"He's on track for what was supposed to happen, I think, so that's still a ways away," head coach Rod Brind'Amour said. "There are a lot of factors you have to weigh out on this."
Forwards: Sebastian Aho, Clark Bishop, Ryan Dzingel, Warren Foegele, Morgan Geekie, Steven Lorentz, Jordan Martinook (A), Max McCormick, Brock McGinn, Martin Necas, Nino Niederreiter, Jordan Staal (C), Andrei Svechnikov, Teuvo Teravainen, Vincent Trocheck, Justin Williams
Defensemen: Jake Bean, Joel Edmundson, Haydn Fleury, Jake Gardiner, Dougie Hamilton, Roland McKeown, Brett Pesce, Brady Skjei, Jaccob Slavin (A), Trevor van Riemsdyk, Sami Vatanen
Goalies: Anton Forsberg, Petr Mrazek, Alex Nedeljkovic, James Reimer
Canes Announce Phase 4 Roster

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011

Now I need a dislike button.

source.gif

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Highlights? Quotes?

CAR D is definitely a few notches lower without Hamilton/Pesce...very astute observation there.

Vatanen is a poor replacement for Hamilton when looking through an analytics lense.

Gardiner should be played more. He’s top pairing material, just unlucky with CAR.

NYR bottom 6 sucks, may cost them the series.

CAR “3rd line” of Niederreiter-Trocheck-Necas is one of the strongest in the league.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Highlights? Quotes?

Well the Dougie point was the big highlight from the article.

Basically the top lines are a wash.

Then Panarin basically carries a game scored value added (GSVA) value that is only slightly less than lines 2-4 for the Hurricanes.
Canes easily outmatch bottom 6.
Canes easily outmatch the defensive pairs. BUT..... The Rangers are 4th in goals and 12th in save percentage. Canes are 18th in goals and 24th in SV percentage. That includes a league worst save percentage and 2nd worst in goals over the last 25 games. (how we didnt improve on goal tending in the off season is beyond me).

Skjei and Edmundson is a below average pairing for GSVA. Not good for a 2nd pairing at all.

Gardiner had "bad luck" all year with a terrible sv% and bad shooting %. I get the numbers say he is unlucky but the eye ball says he contributes to the problem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad