Sponsor
Sep 13, 2019
Old North State
53F24D4D-ACC2-45F8-9766-62ACD896F363.png

Gauthier powering up.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006

I can just see his thought process when ordering.

"Oooh, I could really go for some wings, but that's not very healthy so I'll make sure they include lots of carrots and celery."
"Fries look good, but that's not healthy so let's make them sweet potato fries as that has to be healthier, right?"
"Good, the meal comes with a roll and butter. Hmmm, butters not good for me so I better order a salad and make the roll whole wheat."
"But a salad is boring, even with chicken, so I better add some hard boiled eggs, bacon and creamy dressing. Hmmm, that's not so healthy so I better have the dressing on the side and throw some avocado and tomatoes in there for good measure."

Gets the plate and realizes he's still hungry after eating all of it.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Works that way for a lot of teams. Take out Hank from the Rangers and they get just as much younger as we do when we lose Willy.
very true. I am looking at is from a core prospective. Williams and Vatanen were late additions. Hank wasnt. Guy like Spezza for Toronto, who adds to the average, was a long term member.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Let's assume Hamilton tweaked something and the best course of action was to hold him out of practice to let it heal. Is there any gamesmanship in leaking that he'd be out "weeks" only to have him surprise return early in the play-in? Or is that just wishful thinking?

On the optimistic side Hamilton does appear to be traveling everywhere with the team. He's showing up on the football field and at practices, albeit sidelined.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I am just envious of being able to have that Cobb salad as an appetizer and then dine on some sweet potato fries and wings.
And it looks pretty good for being hotel food. I’m jealous on multiple levels.

A)Just having enough money to casually order all that at a hotel that’s expensive enough for the food to look that good.

B) being young enough and in good enough shape to just house all that while lying in bed with no consequences.

C) having that be my life in the first place. I mean we’re locked in a bubble.....with nothing to do but play hockey, get catered to with great food, hang out with your bruhs, watch your favorite cartoons....

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
And it looks pretty good for being hotel food. I’m jealous on multiple levels.

A)Just having enough money to casually order all that at a hotel that’s expensive enough for the food to look that good.

B) being young enough and in good enough shape to just house all that while lying in bed with no consequences.

C) having that be my life in the first place. I mean we’re locked in a bubble.....with nothing to do but play hockey, get catered to with great food, hang out with your bruhs, watch your favorite cartoons....
For real. For me hockey trips were power bars and restaurants like applebees on between sharing a room in a days inn with 3-4 teammates... playing in the bubble sounds like fantasy camp

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Let's assume Hamilton tweaked something and the best course of action was to hold him out of practice to let it heal. Is there any gamesmanship in leaking that he'd be out "weeks" only to have him surprise return early in the play-in? Or is that just wishful thinking?

On the optimistic side Hamilton does appear to be traveling everywhere with the team. He's showing up on the football field and at practices, albeit sidelined.

Razzing the refs too, apparently:

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Imma just wait and see what our lineup is for game 1 before worrying too much about injuries considering we are getting even less info than usual.
As much as I dislike the makeup of our defense without Dougie and Pesce, I still think we've got the depth to compete with most of the teams in the playoffs. And with the long layoff, who really knows what can happen anyway. Saturday can't come soon enough.

Kids, don't ever sit on the tailgate of a pickup.
True story. I know someone who died from hitting their head after falling from the bed of a pickup.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As much as I dislike the makeup of our defense without Dougie and Pesce, I still think we've got the depth to compete with most of the teams in the playoffs. And with the long layoff, who really knows what can happen anyway. Saturday can't come soon enough.

True story. I know someone who died from hitting their head after falling from the bed of a pickup.
Yeah, I don't like our defense nearly as much either, but it's still got plenty of competent NHL depth and one certified stud in Slavin. We'll see what happens if we end up without anyone for a while.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

You knew Chris Henry too?

Reactions: zman77

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
only one more sleep until canes hockey with our favorite franchise :).

I've honestly been semi-paranoid to get too excited about / think about hockey too much--but it looks like we've made it (thus far). I can't wait to see them on the ice tomorrow. Honestly might even get a bit emotional.

All the best to the board!

Last edited:

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
For real. For me hockey trips were power bars and restaurants like applebees on between sharing a room in a days inn with 3-4 teammates... playing in the bubble sounds like fantasy camp
Even an adult I’ve played in tournaments I’d travel to in places like Vegas. Smelly dudes cramming into the cheapest rooms we could get, pumped to drive around the strip for two hours just to get in and out burger, fat tuesdays drinks in hand floating on a lazy river bumping into kids with floaties peeing everywhere. Arguing about who ordered adult content on demand when we get the bill. Escaping the room just to breathe.

Goat is having a different experience...

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Does anyone think this is actually going to happen? I mean look what a shit show MLB has become just a few games in. Maybe they won't wind up sneaking out to cavort beneath Covid infested strippers in Toronto, but maybe somebody will. And these guys touch each other more than ballplayers.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Does anyone think this is actually going to happen? I mean look what a shit show MLB has become just a few games in. Maybe they won't wind up sneaking out to cavort beneath Covid infested strippers in Toronto, but maybe somebody will. And these guys touch each other more than ballplayers.

MLB has no bubble, NHL does. daily testing will catch any player who is pre-symptomatic and contagious. they stand a far better chance than MLB, and probably better than MLS/NBA who are mostly doing fine.

the bubble makes a massive difference, as does actual testing/contact tracing. being in canada (the massive city of toronto had 6 new cases yesterday, for example) also increases the chance of this actually working

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2