Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Any way we can get Hayes back at center? Seems like the guys creativity has been so limited at wing... Or maybe he just doesn't fit on that line?

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
Yeah, blame the coach for the brainfarts of our defense. Brilliant. When we win, the players get all the praise but when we lose some people are blaming the coach.

I'm not saying I'm blaming AV, I'm saying let's see if he does anything about his anger regarding the game. A message needs to be sent.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The logic of the NHL fan, and the bias of hatred towards Kreider infuriates me like nothing else.

If this guy is such an "intentional goalie killer", wouldn't have have ****ing destroyed Price last night?

Nobody cares that it was blatant interference which allowed PK Subban to have a controlled breakout? Nobody cares that goalies can't be hit, but can hit without penalty when they please?

I'm happy enough to let Habs fans have this one, but seeing every team's fans celebrate this like it's the second coming nauseates me.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
Wow I am really glad the Mets won last night, and had an excuse not to watch this game.

really though, its just another slow start. at least we got 3 wins before going to ****.

We're gonna be fine, its just tough to watch the bad part.

Last edited:

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
The logic of the NHL fan, and the bias of hatred towards Kreider infuriates me like nothing else.

If this guy is such an "intentional goalie killer", wouldn't have have ****ing destroyed Price last night?

Nobody cares that it was blatant interference which allowed PK Subban to have a controlled breakout? Nobody cares that goalies can't be hit, but can hit without penalty when they please?

I'm happy enough to let Habs fans have this one, but seeing every team's fans celebrate this like it's the second coming nauseates me.

It's fine, it means that Kreider is doing his job. The complaining is that much sweeter when he takes people off of their game and scores.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

I was more annoyed at Subban being able to punch Kreider in the back of the head right in front of the goalie without any consequences. Carey Price was also a bitter baby when asked about his hit on Kreider, saying "he didn't see him." Yeah, okay.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Do you ever get sick of making mindnumbingly stupid jokes about Glass? Especially when the reason the Rangers stink is because the core forwards and offensive defenseman haven't produced nearly enough. One sweet day, it'd be nice to talk about that and not glass or girardi

That wasn't a joke. I fully expect Glass to return to the line-up.

Also, I'm the mind-numbingly stupid one but the problem with team is the forwards and offensive defensemen. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alright then.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
I didn't expect much from this game at all. October, Montreal, home-opener. You know the drill.

Gotta rebound and beat LOLJ on sunday.

Vickers8

Struggling for sustained offense, 9 goals in 2 games vs Bobrovsky, 4 goals in the other 3 games...pp is abyzmul

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Those first three games led us into a false sense of security. The mediocre October shall never die!

Matz03

May 5, 2015
Boulder, CO
The 3-0 start was mostly a mirage, very little sustained offense and chemistry among the lines, except maybe for the 3rd. This is what happens when you run into a good team that doesn't hand you grade A chances. So glad AV realized the issue with Hayes at wing. Is Av also seeing the decline of Girardi? or did he drop down McDonagh instead? I couldn't tell but McDonagh-Boyle and McDonagh-Klein seemed to play ok. .

I'm all for:
Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Lindberg-Hayes-Stalberg
Etem-Moore-Fast and a few games for Stoll

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
That wasn't a joke. I fully expect Glass to return to the line-up.

Also, I'm the mind-numbingly stupid one but the problem with team is the forwards and offensive defensemen. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Alright then.

The marriage to your narrative and inability to assess performances on a game by game basis is tiresome.

You and your crew are the only guys who can blame the Staal's and Girardi's of the world when the team gets shut out. I've also seen glowing reviews of Yandle, which is incorrect to say the least.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Struggling for sustained offense, 9 goals in 2 games vs Bobrovsky, 4 goals in the other 3 games...pp is abyzmul

Wasnt Yandle going to help fix the PP? Will that be happening anytime soon?

He had a shift in the defensive end on Montreal's 2nd goal that should've been accompanied by Benny Hill music. If he's not driving offense, hes virtually worthless.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
3 Stanley Cup Finals appearances
3 President's trophies
Different teams, Different players

Team goes 3-2 to start the season....coach sucks

Offense scores 1 goal in the past 2 games...defense sucks (0 defenses can go 2-0 in those two games, FYI...since it'd be oh I don't know..physically impossible)

The logic on here is terrifying

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
3 Stanley Cup Finals appearances
3 President's trophies
Different teams, Different players

Team goes 3-2 to start the season....coach sucks

Offense scores 1 goal in the past 2 games...defense sucks (0 defenses can go 2-0 in those two games, FYI...since it'd be oh I don't know..physically impossible)

The logic on here is terrifying

He also blew a 3-2 series lead and got shut out in Game 7 at home vs Boston in the finals, then gets shut out in Games 5 and 7 at home last year vs Tampa. Different teams same coach

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
The thing that most jumps out at me last night wasn't the fact that our D was poor or that our power play sucked as usual. It's the fact that it was gutless. Other than changing the lines up a bit, there were no adjustments or changes to how we played. It reminded me too much of game 7 vs. Tampa last season and how we kept doing the same useless crap over and over and hoping for some divine force to come out of nowhere and make something happen.

Randy Marsh

Aug 20, 2012
Vigneault vs Tortorella

I don't get to watch a lot of NYR games, but people tell me that Vigneault is a better coach by a long shot. Do you believe that? If so, why? From what I gather, Tortorella is a guy who knows how to coach one way, and that is to have 5 shot-blockers in front of his goalies while giving his top line a lot of minutes.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
** Carey Price against the New York Rangers in the Bell Centre: 9-1-1, 6 shutouts. **

** Rangers are 1-11 on PP 4 games in. **

Hank played outstanding, even without any offensive production, and a ton of missed assignments in our defensive zone.

MTL's D got a lot more offensive zone time in the game than the Rangers did. They were more active than we were.

MTL also rolled 4 lines with ease.

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
I don't get to watch a lot of NYR games, but people tell me that Vigneault is a better coach by a long shot. Do you believe that? If so, why? From what I gather, Tortorella is a guy who knows how to coach one way, and that is to have 5 shot-blockers in front of his goalies while giving his top line a lot of minutes.

AV is way better, not even in the same stratosphere. Tortorella was good because he would ignite a flame under his players *****, or so it seemed at first. We were a hard-nosed, gritty team that won games dependent on light forecheck, dump and chase, and practically collapsing in our own D zone to block any shot possible.

AV understands you need to incorporate a style that is both successful on the offensive side of the puck and the defensive side of the puck.

Torts only cared about the defensive side of the puck.

AV's main attribute that contributed to the success of this team and his past teams are based purely on speed, north-south type of hockey.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006

To be fair, AV is also a guy that only knows how to coach one way as well.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

i believe torts is the better coach. (BEFORE YOU RESPOND LISTEN TO MY REASON)

Torts had everyone dropping down to block shots from game 1 while every year AV has struggled to get everyone to believe in his system and play it well.
AV has the better system by miles (not that thats saying much) but Torts gets people to buy in more and put the team first.

EDIT: im taking coaching as getting players to play in system. which is 80% of coaching in modern sports

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
i believe torts is the better coach. (BEFORE YOU RESPOND LISTEN TO MY REASON)

Torts had everyone dropping down to block shots from game 1 while every year AV has struggled to get everyone to believe in his system and play it well.
AV has the better system by miles (not that thats saying much) but Torts gets people to buy in more and put the team first.

EDIT: im taking coaching as getting players to play in system. which is 80% of coaching in modern sports

I think you're very much mistaken. I dont think AV had any trouble convincing anyone to "believe in his system, " rather it took some time to learn to play the system well.

Do you really think the team was upset that they'd be transforming to a speed and skill team vs. 18 meat shields?

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I admittedly was more involved in the Mets game. However, it looked to me like the teams were basically trading rushes for a lot of the game and the Habs were just better at turning the rushes into solid chances at a goal while the Rangers fizzled.

We go through this every year. People need to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia