Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
Torts is a good coach for a young team that needs a Drill Sargent to break them down and rebuild them to have a defensive conscience.

AV is a good coach for a team that can play his style, but some of his other choices in my opinion need to be tossed if they are indeed his choices.

Both seem loyal to a fault, just differently.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Torts is a good coach for a young team that needs a Drill Sargent to break them down and rebuild them to have a defensive conscience.

AV is a good coach for a team that can play his style, but some of his other choices in my opinion need to be tossed if they are indeed his choices.

Both seem loyal to a fault, just differently.

All coaches are "loyal to a fault" to certain guys.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Does anyone truly believe that this Rangers team with a cold Rick Nash, a cold Derrick Brassard, a cold Chris Kreider, a cold Derek Stepan, and a cold Kevin Hayes is really representative of what this team is really like?

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
Does anyone truly believe that this Rangers team with a cold Rick Nash, a cold Derrick Brassard, a cold Chris Kreider, a cold Derek Stepan, and a cold Kevin Hayes is really representative of what this team is really like?

Dude...what are you doing thinking logically?

We're 3-2.

Our team sucks. Our coach sucks. Our defense sucks. The only reason we're an NHL team is cause of Hank.

Anyone who thinks other wise is a fool.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
The beginning of the season is meaningless in terms of long term projection. Does anyone else remember how awesome we looked when Aaron Voros started the season hot?

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
i believe torts is the better coach. (BEFORE YOU RESPOND LISTEN TO MY REASON)

Torts had everyone dropping down to block shots from game 1 while every year AV has struggled to get everyone to believe in his system and play it well.
AV has the better system by miles (not that thats saying much) but Torts gets people to buy in more and put the team first.

EDIT: im taking coaching as getting players to play in system. which is 80% of coaching in modern sports

Totally disagree. Torts system was stupid simple, that's why everyone got it right away. That's also why teams were able to negate it fairly easily.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
What is going on with Nash? He is usually so dominate to start the season then progressively gets worse. He is going to end up scoring half the goals he scored last year.

Also, this team needs to figure out how to beat Montreal and Tampa. They beat themselves when they play those two teams.

A.V is a good coach but he is so stubborn.

CupWindow

Jul 9, 2015
What is going on with Nash? He is usually so dominate to start the season then progressively gets worse. He is going to end up scoring half the goals he scored last year.

Maybe it's a good sign.

He used to score meaningless goals in meaningless games.

Now maybe he'll score meaningful goals in meaningful games.

Who knows.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014

Absolutely not. For some reason, October is the bubonic plague to this team.

BarbaraAlphanse

Also, this team needs to figure out how to beat Montreal and Tampa. They beat themselves when they play those two teams.

A.V is a good coach but he is so stubborn.

Maybe he'll pull the opposite of what he did. Which honestly I'd be ok with entirely.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
hehe, no. The only thing unusual about this years start, is that Hank has been *really* good. He is normally quite the slow starter as well.

They'll get it together at some point.

Florida Ranger

Bring back Torts!
Sep 2, 2008
Wesley Chapel, FL
AV's teams always start slow. As fans, we should not be worried at all. Just go back to the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. BRUTAL. The Rangers ended up as EC champs. I don't remember last year starting so peachy either. This team will get it going. After all, we are 3-2-0. If we were 0-5, yeah, I might be worried...a little.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

lmao for real.

Kreider, Hayes, Brassard, Nash all play great for years (well not Hayes but you get it). 5 games of not being good is apparently their true colors.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
AV's teams always start slow. As fans, we should not be worried at all. Just go back to the beginning of the 2013-2014 season. BRUTAL. The Rangers ended up as EC champs. I don't remember last year starting so peachy either. This team will get it going. After all, we are 3-2-0. If we were 0-5, yeah, I might be worried...a little.

It's not just AV. The team is full of guys that seem to have this problem. We started off really slow in 11-12 too. There's a lot different about this roster, obviously. I wonder if it stems off the 3 core defensemen.

Placid

Feb 17, 2010

2013 - 2014 start : 3 - 7 in the first 10. (1 - 4 in the first 5)
2014 - 2015 start : 5 - 5 in the first 10. (2 - 3 in the first 5)

If we go 0 - 5 in the next 5 games, we'll have a bad start, but it'll still be on par with our start from two years ago. We'll get it together guys, just have some patience :)

Jan 8, 2012
NY
It's not just AV. The team is full of guys that seem to have this problem. We started off really slow in 11-12 too. There's a lot different about this roster, obviously. I wonder if it stems off the 3 core defensemen.

It's both - I also seem to remember AV's Canucks being **** in October. Probably not a great combination.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
If you forget that the Rangers largely played like ****, that was a pretty entertaining game by the two best goaltenders on earth.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
i think the problem with the slow starts is awful line combos that AV tries to force to work before changing up to something at helps everyone.

still waiting to c
Kreider-Stepan-nash
Miller-brass-zucc
lindberg-hayes-fast
Stalberg-moore-stoll

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Need to change the PP. It's absolutely insane how little they change despite it being so unsuccessful.

Try two on the half boards and Yandle alone at the point. We ran it through McD like that at some point and it did decent.

What's stopping them from hiring a dedicated PP coach? It's been a problem for so long.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
i think the problem with the slow starts is awful line combos that AV tries to force to work before changing up to something at helps everyone.

still waiting to c
Kreider-Stepan-nash
Miller-brass-zucc
lindberg-hayes-fast
Stalberg-moore-stoll

This is much better combos ! Hayes needs to get back into the center roll. It seems at wing he is a shell of himself at wing and loses all of creative playmaking abilities. Rather see lindberg be "sacrificed" and moved to wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad