Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Hockey is just a game. If you forget that, you will face moderator action.

Back and forth bickering will not be tolerated.
Trolling will not be tolerated.
Excessively negative posting with no other valuable content will not be tolerated.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
A lot of people look really bad out there, or at least not being good at doing what they are paid to do. Off the top of my head...

Nash - flubs most of his shots it seems like, I'm not worried about him.
Boyle - looks bad
McDonagh - looks bad
Hayes - ew, wtf happened there?

Not Hank though. Man, he deserves better.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
This game gave me whooping cough.
No, this game gave me a headache. The Sportsnet announcers gave me whooping cough.

I thought Etem was decent.

8552.gif

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Everyone was absolutely ****ing terrible, outside of Lundqvist 99% of the game. The other 1% he was ****ing terrible as well. I don't know if they didn't show up or if Montreal is that much better than them. Because this as ugly of a performance I can remember on both ends of the ice. An utter atrocity.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Henrik was out of this world. So was Price. Anyone who thinks that Weiss goal was weak has never played goal - he has the puck, all alone, uncontested, 10 feet out. Hank literally has to prepare for that puck going any of the five holes. Weiss didn't seem like he got all of it which threw Hank off too.

Not much positive to say besides Hank. Brassard and Zuc were the worst two players to me (considering what they should be bringing).

Jan 8, 2012
NY
I thought that with some variation, every Rangers skater just plainly sucked. Some sucked less, but they all sucked. Inexcusable after a pretty bad game against Winnipeg.

And now we haven't scored in like 115 minutes of hockey. So there's that.

Morten

May 24, 2014
any Rangers fan saying Price is clearly better than Lundqvist should be ashamed of themselves, how many breakaways and 2 on 1 did Lundqvist save this game compared to Price? Lundqvist should be the last one to blame for this loss

Placid

Feb 17, 2010
hehe, words of wisdom there Megusta :D

Well.. to shortly sum it up (in my opinion).. defense was really bad throughout (Yandle and Klein were good, Boyle, while bad did have his moments.. the other 3 though... were almost all bad)... we were turnover machines in this match. Hank worked his behind off to keep us in the game, and did that (seemingly practically by himself) until less than 5 minutes remained, then had to see another puck get past him.

Offense was... weak. We didn't start too badly, even had a 2 on 1, but as time went by, and with our defensive lapse getting more and more clear, we lost our forecheck, as we basically needed 5 men in the defensive zone just to keep the Habs at bay.

ah well... please do better next game guys :)

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
This game was bad. Like legit bad. Price was good, but had very few tough saves to make. The offense was either bad, or the Habs' defense was really good, I can't tell which. Hank was a god, except he gave up two bad goals. Not horrible, not horrific, but compared to some of the saves he made, they were bad goals. We've seen this time and time again with Hank where he'll play like a god, but it's a super softie that gets past him, not a 2 on 1 with a perfect pass he barely gets a piece of.

We need a pure goal scorer, plain and simple. All we have are a ton of great playmakers, but nobody with a really great shot. We need Buch right now. We could definitley use Duclair, but oh well.

Our defense has to play better, or maybe we just need a new defense. Great overall game by Hank, trash game by most everyone else. Too much grinding on the boards, great possession at times, but it's just cycling around the net with few actual chances.

This was a bad ****ing game, we need to get our **** together. AV needs to set a tone here. After a great start, after winning 3 in a row, we cannot have a long losing streak here. We need to restart, reset, and play smarter and simply execute.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
If Carey Price was in both goals, all games would end in a 0-0 tie. Hell, the games would never end. Shootout for months.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
outside of henrik lundqvist the team was absolutely flat. just a pretty dreadful performance from top to bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille