Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
this is how Larry Brooks starts his post game article on the game:

"In so many ways, the Rangers played their crispest and most complete game of the season here on Thursday, yet came away with nothing."

what in the hell game did he watch?!

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Didn't see all of the game (only caught the 3rd), but man... Lundqvist was on the ****ing ball. He absolutely robbed us a few times. Deserved to be 2nd star at worst from what I saw, arguably 1st.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
In the first period shot attempts were 19-8 Rangers, and McDonagh-Girardi were on the ice for 7 of the 8 attempts, all of which were good chances.

Noticing this, AV tired to split them up. I don't blame him for that but it made everything worse.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
this was BY FAR The worst game of the season...its not even close. and not just because of the score...i watched the games against columbus and commented on how mediocre we looked.

this was a pitiful effort tonight.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Our worst game was Columbus at the Garden. AINEC.

And we won 5-2 because hockey is BS sometimes.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
BTW it's a tough spot because I like Lindberg at center, but I can't tell you how much I ****ing hate Hayes at wing.

IwanttomoveoutWest*

Nash is in playoff-form already.

Can't wait til hes gone. Haven't been anticipating a move like this since Redden.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Our worst game was Columbus at the Garden. AINEC.

And we won 5-2 because hockey is BS sometimes.

????

Is that going by stricky "advanced stats"?

Please be honest. That only shows how BS the "advanced stats" are.

Man it was so nice to talk hockey before this advance stats came out, we could discuss games from what people saw on the ice, not from dumb mathematical BS that means nothing.

Kaapo Takko

Oct 13, 2015
Finland
Nash needs to play more aggressive and drive towards the net and stop taking soft wrist shots from far out.

Etem didn't impress me in this game either, Stoll should be back next game.

Defense was yet again less than stellar. Maybe try some new pairings for next game?
I would like to see how McD looks like with a guy who can move the puck.

McD-Yandle
Staal-Klein
Boyle-Girardi

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
????

Is that going by stricky "advanced stats"?

Please be honest. That only shows how BS the "advanced stats" are.

Man it was so nice to talk hockey before this advance stats came out, we could discuss games from what people saw on the ice, not from dumb mathematical BS that means nothing.

I didn't like the game. I felt we got severely outplayed. We were outhit, outshot, and yes Columbus had more of the puck. We won 5-2 because Bobrovsky was ass and Lundqvist was fantastic.

I don't know why people think that game was good. I guess some people only look at the score and nothing that happens in the game.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I didn't like the game. I felt we got severely outplayed. We were outhit, outshot, and yes Columbus had more of the puck. We won 5-2 because Bobrovsky was ass and Lundqvist was fantastic.

I don't know why people think that game was good. I guess some people only look at the score and nothing that happens in the game.

We definitely, 100% did not get outplayed. We had the better scoring chances and we capitalized on them. They had their scoring chances and couldn't. We all watched the game and we absolutely were the better team aside from a few instances. I dont care what garbage "advanced stats" say and I would be 100% sure if you never saw them you would have a much different tune. You just rely WAY too much on them. I don't know why but you and 2 or 3 other posters are absolutely crazy over them. Oilers were too for half a season, till they realized how much crap they were and fired the guy.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
#1: Learn to relax or it's going to be a long (or, well, short) season. This is the 2nd loss, there are going to be a lot more, regardless of where the team finishes in the standings.

#2: We have specific threads for topics. Please take a step back and use them.
Obviously something like "Yandle was **** tonight" is fine in a GDT/PGT, and doesn't necessarily need to go in the Yandle thread, but in-depth discussions that aren't directly related to the game at hand, or even aren't even related to the Rangers, is not for here. There is no question a grey area, I'm talking specifically about times where the discussion is clearly heading off the rails.

#3: See #1.

Should not have to be posting warnings every other GDT. Please try to keep some perspective when posting here; there are teams that haven't made the playoffs in a decade; there are teams that haven't won a playoff series in two decades. Everyone feels frustrated with the team at times, but the incendiary atmosphere is not cool.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Could of used Dukes 3 goals from last night :(

He scored 3 goals on Khudobin. Girardi and Staal can score a hattrick when Khudobin is in goal.

Speaking of our 2 Canadian top earning D-men... Man, they were god-awful. 10.2m for mediocre defense and piss-poor puck movement. Please just play Bodie and Zamorsky instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan