Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterY

May 7, 2010
Enigmatown
any Rangers fan saying Price is clearly better than Lundqvist should be ashamed of themselves, how many breakaways and 2 on 1 did Lundqvist save this game compared to Price? Lundqvist should be the last one to blame for this loss

I'm a habs fan and I think this game was one of the best goalie "duel" that I saw since a long time...

I would have gave the first star to Lundqvist, he was more tested then Price tonight.

Anyway, two great goalies.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Don't worry AV, you can just play Glass next game and it will all be better.

I actually hope that Glass play next game - I thought I would never say this, oh well.

I had hope, but it`s hard to score when u can`t contribute 5v3, and I said it last season too that we need a new PP coach. They look confused with too slow puck movements and too few shots. :)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Well for starters, thank you based Lundqvist. Hope you rip these guys a new one because that's what they deserve.

Nash has been doing a lot of good, but all of his shots are getting tipped by defenseman. He needs to create more separation or readjust to use these defenders as screens.

Has anyone elss notice Hayes always wheel up around the high right wall in the offensive zone? He needs to be more assertive with the puck and stop always trying to slow the game down.

Yandle was great again. Klein had a lot of good moments. McDonagh is a constant roller coaster of good or bad with no middle ground in between. Skjei-McIlrath would've been a better pairing than Staal-Girardi tonight. Woof is all I have to say.

Let's just go ****ing trounce the Devils Sunday please.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'm surprised by how little criticism Kreider is taking here, although I'm sure it's in a lot of people's minds.

So much for a summer of prep.

He's moving and hitting, but he's just not doing enough in the offensive zone.

Nash can be absolutely infuriating to watch. Absolutely mailing it in. Hell, I'd consider sending him to the third line for a game with some of our more hard-working guys. Maybe it will be contagious.

Something has to change, though. I'd go crazy with the lines and mix it up and practice and see if anything sticks.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I'm a habs fan and I think this game was one of the best goalie "duel" that I saw since a long time...

I would have gave the first star to Lundqvist, he was more tested then Price tonight.

Anyway, two great goalies.

Indeed. When it came down to it, both made some incredible saves. I really just wish the majority of our team would have shown up. Then it would've been a real battle. Still, no excuses. Congrats on a good win.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Don't worry AV, you can just play Glass next game and it will all be better.

Do you ever get sick of making mindnumbingly stupid jokes about Glass? Especially when the reason the Rangers stink is because the core forwards and offensive defenseman haven't produced nearly enough. One sweet day, it'd be nice to talk about that and not glass or girardi

DCHabitant

Feb 24, 2013
There's no point in debating whether the second goal was a bad one or not because you could see that 1 was going to be enough to win. It was another of those patented 'no-show' games from us where we seemed to leave our balls and brains at home.

Lundqvist was brilliant and deserved 1st star. The only other players who can acquit themselves are Klein and the 3rd line. Everyone else should be docked pay for that performance. Nash can **** off in the wheelbarrow he came in on. So sick of him dogging it and botching chances.

I don't know what to say anymore about our PP unit. If you can't convert on a 5 on 3, you really need to look at yourself and for a long time. It's beyond a joke now how teams can take penalty after penalty and never have to worry about getting scored against.

It's pretty funny that I was watching AV in that program before the game talking about how he has players who can get motivated for games 'pretty much on their own,' or something along those lines. They certainly looked it getting outshot 13-7 in the third period. :nod:

Not gonna happen (unless shots on goal are lopsided) when the opposing goalie gets the shutout. Price played solid, and made the stops he needed to make, and couple of difficult saves to boot. The King did have the tougher workload tonight though. He kept the game as close as it was until the end. Three stars: Price/Lundqvist ; Desharnais.

Entertaining game.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Can we please ****ing get a PP coach. Please. Alain needs to stop making this his buddies club with Arniel and Glass. Power play outage in 2 out of 2 post seasons, mediocre for most regular seasons and the players are simply confused on the ice.

How about Perry Pearn?

Fire Renney!

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Maybe just maybe McD over preformed that year and this is how he usually plays we're just expecting that other McD to come back in which he may never regaining that high performance of play

It's getting pretty close to him being crap just as long as he was top 10 in the league.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hank was on fire, what a depressing game for him to play so well and get no goal support. Price had to make, what, one good save all game? That save on Nash was nice, other than that? Joe Micheletti was raving about his back door save on Stepan when the replay clearly showed the puck hitting the side of the net, not Price.

I'm honestly sick of hearing about what a god Carey Price is. His players coming over to him and celebrating after a nice save? Seriously? And Subban trying to grind Kreider's head into the ice, no call? Montreal typical.

Price didn't even have to be great, the Rangers couldn't generate **** and when the did, they shot it into shin pads or off the glass.

What's more typical is this Rangers team not being able to score.

Hayes looks like ****, he's a step behind all game and holding onto the puck too long and trying to force plays. He looks like he's playing rec league out there.

And I love you Fast, but that giveaway on Montreal's first goal was Glass level. So bad.

Keith Yandle was once again the best Rangers skater.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Aside from the pass into his skates that led to a turnover and first goal, I thought Fast played pretty well (at least he wasn't invisible like most skaters tonight). Hopefully that was enough to save him from the pressbox.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
This described the whole team at the moment

I agree but it's more concerning in the grand scheme of things when it's your Captain and #1 D. Especially after his disappointing form last year.

Nobody wins when their best players under perform. Our bottom and middle of the line-up can play great, but we're not winning a Cup without Hank, McD, Nash playing at their best. All of them have to be going simultaneously, not just one or two at a time during the play-offs.

Keith was incredible last year, but Kane, Towes, etc. showed up too. That's the thing about those winning Chicago, LA teams. They had their best players going at the peak of their capacity at the same time.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
These Top 2 lines need a couple wingers switched. I've never liked the idea of Hayes with Stepan & Kreider.

McDonagh/Girardi/Staal...not good man. Not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad