Post-Game Talk: NYR @ Montreal - October 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
I am sick and tired of waiting every god damn season for this team to get their **** together come december.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Can we please ****ing get a PP coach. Please. Alain needs to stop making this his buddies club with Arniel and Glass. Power play outage in 2 out of 2 post seasons, mediocre for most regular seasons and the players are simply confused on the ice.

Unpredictable1

Jan 27, 2008
Alberta
I'm getting really tired of watching the Rangers skate around trying to be cute.

I only saw the last of the second and all the third because of my son's practice. Looks like they could have used some of the atom players in MTL.

I'm growing impatient with Nash, and he's one of my faves.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
It amazes me how none of the core players have showed up to play this year.

Granted it's early and I know they will turn it around but it just pisses me off when you get paid millions to play a kids game yet are not prepared to bring it in games like this..

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Poor puck control all night. I don't think a single player had a good night at handling the puck and it resulted in at least 1 goal against and many missed offensive chances. Lines also look like they have no chemistry right now, no one knows where their linemates are, Rangers aren't using their speed at all, and it's tough to score against MOntreal when their defense is playing well in front of price

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
I'm getting really tired of watching the Rangers skate around trying to be cute.

I only saw the last of the second and all the third because of my son's practice. Looks like they could have used some of the atom players in MTL.

I'm growing impatient with Nash, and he's one of my faves.

Nash was the only player that consistently created chances tonight but he's going through a can't score phase apparently

pjr378

Oct 12, 2014
Yonkers, New York
There's no point in debating whether the second goal was a bad one or not because you could see that 1 was going to be enough to win. It was another of those patented 'no-show' games from us where we seemed to leave our balls and brains at home.

Lundqvist was brilliant and deserved 1st star. The only other players who can acquit themselves are Klein and the 3rd line. Everyone else should be docked pay for that performance. Nash can **** off in the wheelbarrow he came in on. So sick of him dogging it and botching chances.

I don't know what to say anymore about our PP unit. If you can't convert on a 5 on 3, you really need to look at yourself and for a long time. It's beyond a joke now how teams can take penalty after penalty and never have to worry about getting scored against.

It's pretty funny that I was watching AV in that program before the game talking about how he has players who can get motivated for games 'pretty much on their own,' or something along those lines. They certainly looked it getting outshot 13-7 in the third period. :nod:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Nash looks like he's going through the motions. I mean, everyone kinda sucked but damn. Nash. Broski. Come to play. We could use the help.

Saw a stat that he had 6 goals in the first four games last year. Now 0 in 5. He's gunning for a 20 goal season.

Thought Zucc was pretty good. Hank was amazing til he gave up on that second goal.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Lundqvist, Yandle, Klein to a degree, Lindberg, Miller. All excellent to good.

Everyone else okay to putrid. This team's defense core is a crime against humanity right now.

From 3-0 to 3-2 suddenly looks a lot less convincing.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Could of used Dukes 3 goals from last night :(

Sure, but what would that defense have looked like without Yandle? Yikes...

Yandle has pretty much been our best defensemen. He moves the puck well and stays engaged.

Tonight, you see what happens when a team can match our speed. Montreal also doesn't have the fastest blue line, hence the game being so wide open.

Nash, Brass, and Zuccs have all been disappointing. Etem..well...hopefully Gropp turns out to be a player. Pretty crappy to see Hayes in a sophomore slump. Maybe give it another game, but, if nothing, it's time for AV to try to change up the lines to get things going again. Put Hayes back on 3C (or the third line) so he faces weaker competition. Break up Brass and Zuccs and see if it gets them (and Nash) going again.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
I have to give credit for MTl for the win. Their defense and goaltending won it for them. Sometimes you lose not because everyone on the team sucks, but because the other team beats you. We got outplayed tonight.

Hank had a great game. He might want a do over on the Weise goal but it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome of the game if he had stopped it. He made a lot of saves that most other goalies could not have.

The only change I would make to the lineup is Stoll in for Etem. And maybe mix up the lines a little.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Vigneault: "We got schooled tonight, outplayed in every area of the game. If it wasn't for Hank it wouldve been worse"”

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I have to give credit for MTl for the win. Their defense and goaltending won it for them. Sometimes you lose not because everyone on the team sucks, but because the other team beats you. We got outplayed tonight.

Hank had a great game. He might want a do over on the Weise goal but it wouldn't have made any difference in the outcome of the game if he had stopped it. He made a lot of saves that most other goalies could not have.

The only change I would make to the lineup is Stoll in for Etem. And maybe mix up the lines a little.

Not to mention their fourth line. Weise has always played some of his best hockey against us, and Torrey Mitchell has always been a favorite player of mine. One of the best 4th liners, in my opinion.

Esa 10

Jul 12, 2006
Rangers offense looks to be in play-off form. That's not a compliment in general.

McD and Nash are the most disappointing guys relative to expectations. I hope Nash isn't following Gaby's pattern of alternating great seasons with bad ones. Some of it is bad luck, but 0 goals after 5 games is ugly.

McD is a little worrisome. I convinced myself that he had an off year due to mental issues with the captaincy. He doesn't look much better so far this season. Errors defending and no dynamism in attack.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Montreal is a good team. Also it's only game 5. I was happy to see the lines changed (Hayes back to center, Nash with Stepan, Miller with Brass and Zucc). Also Henrik is having a great start to the year, which he usually doesn't. Also trade Staal and Girardi. Edler? Ryan Ellis? Spurgeon? Shattenkirk? Just get these two off the team, only gonna get worse and those contracts are disasters, especially when Kreider, Yandle, Miller, etc. are due new deals after this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA