Rumor: NYR having active trade talks on Zucc, Hayes, Kreider & Namestnikov

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
ugh. I didn't say that. I said that there wouldn't be a first round pick there for him. That's different. Lets say there are 4 first round picks in play and 7 first round pick valued players. 3 wont get them. Krieder not being a pending ufa just wont get traded if they don't get a first round pick that might be spent other wise on Duchene, say.

I said that the Rangers wont get a first round pick and that Krieder wont be traded. You disagree? You think he will be traded?
yes both. Disagree and I think he goes. Off the top of my head. 3 teams (now I don’t know if they have their picks), Boston, Carolina, Columbus.

Last edited:

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Canes can't risk a lottery pick and one of their best prospects for a rental.

BUF 2nd + BUF 3rd + Roland McKeown for Hayes

competitive bidding all around everybody on the table
would be happy to move Hayes to you, but again, I expect him to return as ufa to nyr.
Either break the bank for Zib
or do reasonable highest market bid for Zuc, who is not a guaranteed lock, but good chance he re-signs at reasonable #

I would do
BUF 2nd + CAR 2nd + Fox + Roland McKeown
for
Hayes + Strome

For Kreider?
What has he ever done to be worth so much? He once scored 50 pts?
Stud factor [speed, size, power (best single player combo of all 3, imo)] = domination factor.
Not every minute of every period, but enough to be the straw that stirs the drink.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider is not going anywhere unless NY adds and the return is a guy like McAvoy, and that is taking into account McA's cost control status, etc.

Ott's 1st would give Avs combo of MacKinnon + Kreider, possible adds both sides, but Colorado says they are taking the long route.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
ugh. I didn't say that. I said that there wouldn't be a first round pick there for him. That's different. Lets say there are 4 first round picks in play and 7 first round pick valued players. 3 wont get them. Krieder not being a pending ufa just wont get traded if they don't get a first round pick that might be spent other wise on Duchene, say.

I said that the Rangers wont get a first round pick and that Krieder wont be traded. You disagree? You think he will be traded?
And actually buddy. Word for word, you did he won’t get a 1st.... so how much revising do you want to do ?

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Kreider is not going anywhere unless NY adds and the return is a guy like McAvoy, and that is taking into account McA's cost control status, etc.

Ott's 1st would give Avs combo of MacKinnon + Kreider, possible adds both sides, but Colorado says they are taking the long route.

Avs will not trade the Sens #1. Not a chance.

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Kreider is the kind of player NHL teams covet. He checks a lot of boxes even if he isn't a huge point producer on the Rangers. His value is very high.

The best recently traded comparable to Kreider is Kane.

Kane went for a conditional 1st + 4th. That first would become a 2nd if Kane didn't re- sign.

So Sharks gave up a 2nd+4th for one year of Kane, or 1st+4th for multiple years of Kane.

Yet Rangers fans are asking for multiple firsts for Kreider.

Kreider's value is indeed relatively high - a 1st and a 4th. It is certainly not multiple firsts + prospect.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT

The Avs are not moving Ottawa’s 1st for a year and a half rental. And Boston isn’t moving McAvoy for that either.

Kreider’s a very good player but you’ve been overrating him for too long.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And actually buddy. Word for word, you did he won’t get a 1st.... so how much revising do you want to do ?

Yes. He wont get a first is exactly what i meant. I backed that up with that he wouldn't be traded. If i wrote it wrong, my bad. I said he wont get a first and not he is not worth a first.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
We have very different definitions of depth player. To me, that would be strome, Nieves, pionk...

That would not be one of our most versatile players who wears an A, a defenseman who will have value on his own instead of being a throw in, and a young forward who has shown flashes.

Just my opinion though

Sure, they could have Strome or Nieves instead then. You're being ridiculous if any of those 6 players are what would be the difference between a deal like this getting done, or not

Fnysnipe77

Feb 5, 2018
Canes fans.
Hayes for fox and 2.

Leafs fans.
You want krider ?

Bracco + zitzev + 2nd.

Krider + stall + 3 and 2020 3rd

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The best recently traded comparable to Kreider is Kane.

Kane went for a conditional 1st + 4th. That first would become a 2nd if Kane didn't re- sign.

So Sharks gave up a 2nd+4th for one year of Kane, or 1st+4th for multiple years of Kane.

Yet Rangers fans are asking for multiple firsts for Kreider.

Kreider's value is indeed relatively high - a 1st and a 4th. It is certainly not multiple firsts + prospect.

Except Kane has been a head case his whole career while Kreider has not.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Does this trade satisfy both parties?

To New York Rangers: Patrick Marleau
1st round pick 2021
3rd round pick 2021
Jeremy Bracco

To Toronto: Marc Staal
Chris Kreider

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Wow boys! I backed you guys up on Zuccarello being worth a 1st but some of the asks on here are ridiculous! Krieder is a 2nd line winger, in every shape, way and form. He’s probably underpaid by about $500 000 and only has one year remaining until being a UFA.

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Kreider has never hit 55 points in his career...

Rangers fans in this thread seem to be grossly inflating his value.
Do not pass go. Reread the thread. Overpaying is what’s needed to trade Kreider. He’s just as important to us.
And you’re probably right, no one will pay that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad