Rumor: NYR having active trade talks on Zucc, Hayes, Kreider & Namestnikov

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
I have felt all along someone out of left field is gonna go. Too many calls being made to not have conversations off the original topics.

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Any beat writers from the buyers reporting what those teams would include for these guys?

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
A deal for Kreider isn't one that will be agreed upon on a message board.

That type of trade will require a significant player - a "foundational piece," as I think Gorton has termed it - in return. Given Kreider's prominence in NYR and his chemistry with Zibanejad, any team looking to acquire him should expect to surrender something big.

This is right. As a Rangers fan, I'm thinking it should rightfully cost a true core piece to pry Kreider away, and any other team's fan would rightfully think it's too much. There has been enough smoke around Kreider rumors this year to make me believe there's at least a chance of him being moved, but a big deal like this typically doesn't happen during the season. My bet is any trade won't go down until the summer, if at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if they re-upped with Hayes, but I think Zuccarello is a goner. Namestnikov may be, too, but that extra year may compromise the return, unless the acquiring term is a big fan of the player.

I think the re-signing rumors are just posturing. Gorton has fully committed to this rebuild and unless the return for Hayes is completely insignificant, I think he gets shipped out. I don't think Names at $4 mil for another year is actually a detriment. I think that's about par for the course for a mid-tier winger now. Not saying they'll get a huge haul for him, but I think a trade is likely if the Rangers are motivated to move him.

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
In terms of trade value, Kreider >> Hayes > Zuccarello >>> Namestnikov.

I think it’s more

Kreider>>>Hayes>>>Zucc>>>>>>Names

Kreider is much higher than Hayes because he’s a better player and an extra year term.

Hayes is worth significantly more over Zucc because he’s the better player, age, and Hayes plays Center.

Everlong

Jun 21, 2018
Why would the Rangers trade Kreider is they think he is a foundation, core piece? Why would they think they receive back a foundation piece plus more for a non-foundation player?

Reactions: viper0220

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I wouldn't be surprised if they re-upped with Hayes, but I think Zuccarello is a goner. Namestnikov may be, too, but that extra year may compromise the return, unless the acquiring term is a big fan of the player.

The Rangers might try to keep Hayes if they don't think they're getting a good enough return. That said the term for Kevin is going to be at least 6 years and it's going to be probably in the $6 mil per ballpark. He'll get that in the summer. He's an underrated player.

So Hayes might stay but I agree with you that Zucc is getting moved. That said--it wouldn't surprise me if the Rangers signed both him and McQuaid in the summer--so I don't necessarily see Zucc as a goner.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I think it’s more

Kreider>>>Hayes>>>Zucc>>>>>>Names

Kreider is much higher than Hayes because he’s a better player and an extra year term.

Hayes is worth significantly more over Zucc because he’s the better player, age, and Hayes plays Center.
I’m not sure Hayes is worth that much more than Zuc. I think most contenders are probably looking at Hayes as a 3C but could be looking at Zuc as a top 6 upgrade.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Trading Kreider is a bad idea. I really hope we re-sign him. McQuaid should also be in trade talks as well

I don’t see Kreider being moved.

As far as the others, With Namesntikov’s hot play as of late would try to sell high on him now. Zucc and Hayes are pretty much inevitable at this point.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
For some reason I think Nashville takes a big stab at kreider. I can see them heavying up on that playing style they like to bring come playoffs .

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Adam Fox + Canes 2019 1st (top-3 protected) for Kreider

Would you trade that for JT Miller?

Since 15-16

Kreider 535 hits, 89 goals, 130 even strength points and 176 points

Miller 479 hits, 76 goals, 143 even points and 189 points.

You get more hits and goals from Kreider but more production from Miller. Miller is two years younger and signed long term at a good caphit while Kreider is a UFA after next season. Miller can also play center and can play up and down the lineup and produce. When on the Rangers together Miller the last 3 seasons either had the same amount of points or more points than Kreider.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad