Rumor: NYR having active trade talks on Zucc, Hayes, Kreider & Namestnikov

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Zucc and Kreider to EDM for a reasonable offer please. Both are what we need lol

Depends what you think reasonable is.
Are any of Drai, unprotected 1st, Bouchard on the table?
Because Kassian, Pulju and a 2nd isn't going to do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nickmo82

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Let's throw a wrench into car and Tor offers. Colorado

Avs jt compher + Tyson Barrie.

Rangers Hayes and staal

I don't think the Rangers would be interested in Barrie.
His age doesn't fit their rebuild. Staal will be in his last season under contract in 2021.......no biggie to keep him and he has a NMC.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I think it’s more

Kreider>>>Hayes>>>Zucc>>>>>>Names

Kreider is much higher than Hayes because he’s a better player and an extra year term.

Hayes is worth significantly more over Zucc because he’s the better player, age, and Hayes plays Center.

I am guessing you are a NRY fan, so I won't pretend to know your team better than you do. But is Hayes really seen as a better player than Zucc? Coming from a Pens fan, Zucc always seems to be in the middle of the offense when I watch. Love his game.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Habs 2019 1st + Lehkonen + Lernout

What does that get you out of Kreider/ Skjei?.... if at all lol

It definitely does not get you Kreider.
Neither Lehk nor Lern are of the magnitude the Rangers would require in return for either.

I would be interested in something around Juulsen, Brook and Ylonen for Skjei.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
It definitely does not get you Kreider.
Neither Lehk nor Lern are of the magnitude the Rangers would require in return for either.

I would be interested in something around Juulsen, Brook and Ylonen for Skjei.
The way Brook is progressing, I don’t think there’s a deal there. I’d do Juulsen + Ylonen + 2019 2nd. Problem is, will Skjei return to his past self? Seems out of place this year.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
I am guessing you are a NRY fan, so I won't pretend to know your team better than you do. But is Hayes really seen as a better player than Zucc? Coming from a Pens fan, Zucc always seems to be in the middle of the offense when I watch. Love his game.

I can answer this, Hayes is younger, still getting better, and centers in general do have more value then wingers. So, yes.

MartinS82

May 26, 2016
I can answer this, Hayes is younger, still getting better, and centers in general do have more value then wingers. So, yes.

My question isn't who has more value (everything you said is correct and I agree). It's is Hayes considered the better player? He might be by NYR fans.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

+ He’s better right now. Zucc is an unbelievable playmaker but Hayes has been a force in every aspect of the game this year.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
My question isn't who has more value (everything you said is correct and I agree). It's is Hayes considered the better player? He might be by NYR fans.

Zucc is a really good player.

Many look at the stats of NYRs skaters and see that they look kind of average. But remember that since like 07’ NYR have had a worthless PP (except during stretches) and no real offensive elite dynamo whatsoever, two scorers in Gabby and Nash, but nobody that creates a lot of offense.

Zucc shouldn’t be overrated, but he definitely could have scored a lot of pts if he had played more with better players. As it have been, he has more or less been the driver offensively for NYR.

Zucc is also a player that can play in any role. He has often been the guy on his line forces to take the most defensive responsibility. I think he would be a really good add for a great team. No doubt.

Hayes in a sense has potential to take on a much bigger role, he could carry a 2nd line for a contender. He has been sick this season, many times the best player on the ice. But he is also a player who you must adjust — a lot — more to. You must build a unit around him.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
Depends what you think reasonable is.
Are any of Drai, unprotected 1st, Bouchard on the table?
Because Kassian, Pulju and a 2nd isn't going to do it.
Is pulju not an elite prospect? Iunderstand he may not be what a team wants but he is generally what would get one of those guys. Oilers aren't getting anything close to Drai for anybody on their team. it's a flat downgrade who is younger...

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
Is pulju not an elite prospect? Iunderstand he may not be what a team wants but he is generally what would get one of those guys. Oilers aren't getting anything close to Drai for anybody on their team. it's a flat downgrade who is younger...
I think outside of Edmonton Pulju is nothing more then a reclamation project, so no, not elite anymore. Edmonton has a history of ruining players as well...so....

Reactions: Shootertooter

5cotland

NFR
Jan 23, 2015
Scotland
Kreider should command a similar return to McDonagh as he still has 1 year left.

1st Rounder plus Conditional 1st/2nd as well as 2 decent prospects.

Reactions: Nickmo82

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016

I didn't list him because I would not want him over the other assets.
He is more valuable to EDM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad