Rumor: NYR having active trade talks on Zucc, Hayes, Kreider & Namestnikov

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
The Rangers have said they would want a foundation piece in return for Kreider, so any offer from Carolina not including Necas/Fox + 1st + is a non-starter. You may think that just because he isn't a 80 point player that he isn't valuable, but he gives you 55+ points no matter what, he'll be the fastest player on your team and he'll be a leader as well as provide a level of physicality.

Kreider has never hit 55 points in his career...

Rangers fans in this thread seem to be grossly inflating his value.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
And poof goes whatever credibility you had.

Inferior players have been traded for more over the last two deadlines.

You obviously don’t have a clue when it comes down to evaluating players values.

We will see. My view is that there are only so many 1st round picks in play and more players in that price category. Its my guess that 3 or 4 1st round picks will be spent. Toronto has already spent one. So, 3 left. You see Krieder as one of those?

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. A better way of saying this is that the Rangers wont get what they are demanding for Krieder and wont trade him as a result. I didn't say that he was not worth a 1st, if you read what I said. I said they wouldn't get one for him at the deadline. I said that he wasn't really for sale. That the Rangers will listen but that in the end he wasn't going anywhere.

What about that don't you agree with?

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Sandin + 2020 1st + 2019 2nd + Horton

for

Kreider @ 50% + Depth player of choice (Fast, Vesey, McQuaid) + 2020 7th

If you want Kreider for 2 playoff runs, and especially if you can't offer a 2019 1st, I'd want your top prospect for him.
A lot of difference between Fast and Vesey and McQuaid

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
For Namestnikov, a 2nd or 3rd would be fine. I don't expect much.
For Hayes I expect a 1st and a meh prospect.
For Zucc I expect a 1st by itself or a 2nd + decent prospect
For Kreider I expect a 1st and a top prospect at the least.

Kreider is on a steal of a contract, is a proven playoff performer and whoever gets him has him for two playoff runs.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
For Namestnikov, a 2nd or 3rd would be fine. I don't expect much.
For Hayes I expect a 1st and a meh prospect.
For Zucc I expect a 1st by itself or a 2nd + decent prospect
For Kreider I expect a 1st and a top prospect at the least.

Kreider is on a steal of a contract, is a proven playoff performer and whoever gets him has him for two playoff runs.
I think Hayes would get more and Namestnikov would get less.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
We like how our farm team developed Kreider. What does the New York Lightning want for him to send him to the Tampa Bay Rangers?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Derek Stepan has never broken 57 and prettt pulled a #7 overall pick. In my opinion Raanta and DeAngelo were a wash at the time.

I think it’s safe to say most Rangers fans deemed Kreider the more valuable asset at the time, and we still do.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Seriously the Rangers had both players, you can’t sell us on there isn’t a big gap between the two. We watched them, Kreider drives the play drastically for our team and has for years. Miller puts up points in spurts and disappears completely for long stretches. Clearly there is a reason lightning fans are already looking to move Miller off the team in year one of his deal, assuming you guys are starting to see some of his negatives as well.

Kreider is Evander Kane with no off ice issues. Hell even Kane is a better goal scorer, even strength goal scorer and producer. What Kane has over Kreider is that he has another year left. So instead of the conditional 1st it's a guaranteed and a better player than O'regan. Why doesn't Kreider produce more especially at ES if he's such a play driver, why has Miller out produced him when they were on the same team? Kreider to me is a guy who leaves you wanting more, I feel bad for the team that pays him 7+ like Kane gets. I actually would prefer Kane at 7 to Kreider.

The only reason we are looking to move Miller because he doesn't have a NTC. I would move Callahan and Palat before. Callahan has no value some won't get any return and Palat won't waive so we can't move him, that's why Miller comes up.

grapes55

Sep 14, 2017
theneckguard.wordpress.com
The Rangers have said they would want a foundation piece in return for Kreider, so any offer from Carolina not including Necas/Fox + 1st + is a non-starter. You may think that just because he isn't a 80 point player that he isn't valuable, but he gives you 55+ points no matter what, he'll be the fastest player on your team and he'll be a leader as well as provide a level of physicality. He is a jack of all trades and those kinds of players make all the difference on NHL squads, it aint all about the Malkins and Gaudreaus. Kreider's price will be set just as high as Panarin's considering that he is still signed for another year so he isn't a rental.

Nothing wrong with valuing Kreider highly, I think he's an awesome player too, but Krieder hasn't ever scored 55+ points in a season.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kreider is Evander Kane with no off ice issues. Hell even Kane is a better goal scorer, even strength goal scorer and producer. What Kane has over Kreider is that he has another year left. So instead of the conditional 1st it's a guaranteed and a better player than O'regan. Why doesn't Kreider produce more especially at ES if he's such a play driver, why has Miller out produced him when they were on the same team? Kreider to me is a guy who leaves you wanting more, I feel bad for the team that pays him 7+ like Kane gets. I actually would prefer Kane at 7 to Kreider.

The only reason we are looking to move Miller because he doesn't have a NTC. I would move Callahan and Palat before. Callahan has no value some won't get any return and Palat won't waive so we can't move him, that's why Miller comes up.
Can you just admit you don’t watch Kreider play often and you just stat watch?

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Seriously the Rangers had both players, you can’t sell us on there isn’t a big gap between the two. We watched them, Kreider drives the play drastically for our team and has for years. Miller puts up points in spurts and disappears completely for long stretches. Clearly there is a reason lightning fans are already looking to move Miller off the team in year one of his deal, assuming you guys are starting to see some of his negatives as well.

Miller's playoff goals scoring is almost non existent.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Why would the Rangers trade Kreider is they think he is a foundation, core piece? Why would they think they receive back a foundation piece plus more for a non-foundation player?
Bc the rangers timeline and Kreider remaining career arc don’t line up. Kreider’s playing the best of his career, and doing it consistently this year. He’s in his prime for the next 3-4, and the rangers are gonna be rebuilding and probably won’t be serious contenders.
That’s why he is an available foundational piece with 2 playoffs @4.25. One of the biggest, fastest, strongest players in the league. I’m sure not many fans have watched much ranger hockey this year, so there who haven’t are basing this on limited knowledge.
Will take a Tolvanen level prospect or sure thing ELC top6/top4 and other assets to deal for him. Bank on it. I think someone’s gonna pay it too

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica

Kreider is the kind of player NHL teams covet. He checks a lot of boxes even if he isn't a huge point producer on the Rangers. His value is very high.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
If there is any truth to Krieder getting traded, and I don't think there is, he would look great on the Caps 3rd line. I expect if the report is true, that the Rangers are listening but wont sell Krieder unless they get a 1st and they wont get that. So, he stays.

On the chances its possible. The Capitals are already a load in a playoff series.

Ovechkin and Wilson on the 1st line
TJ Oshie on the 2nd line
Krieder on the 3rd line.

There is next to no rest from the pressure and the pounding
You don’t think Kreider would get a 1st? Or are you just scared as a cap fan of an opponent having him?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
You don’t think Kreider would get a 1st? Or are you just scared as a cap fan of an opponent having him?

ugh. I didn't say that. I said that there wouldn't be a first round pick there for him. That's different. Lets say there are 4 first round picks in play and 7 first round pick valued players. 3 wont get them. Krieder not being a pending ufa just wont get traded if they don't get a first round pick that might be spent other wise on Duchene, say.

I said that the Rangers wont get a first round pick and that Krieder wont be traded. You disagree? You think he will be traded?

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
ugh. I didn't say that. I said that there wouldn't be a first round pick there for him. That's different. Lets say there are 4 first round picks in play and 7 first round pick valued players. 3 wont get them. Krieder not being a pending ufa just wont get traded if they don't get a first round pick that might be spent other wise on Duchene, say.

I said that the Rangers wont get a first round pick and that Krieder wont be traded. You disagree? You think he will be traded?
If he was available for a 1st then he would have been traded yesterday

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad