Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalcorMulch

Aug 29, 2018
Bennett
Valimaki/Anderson
1st in 19

For

Nylander
Marchment
Nielsen
3rd in 19

I would probably do that if it's Andersson but I doubt Calgary moves him. That's if we can't make a deal with Nylander which I don't buy just because he's missed one game (which plenty of RFAs have done before). Andersson is sick.

Reactions: Flameshomer

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
No thanks. We can't afford to pay nylander 8 million, and valimaki is already an nhler in his second season. Plus the leafs would want hamonic because anything otherwise is stupid.
Valimaki could easily be going down to the AHL as I think he will anyways.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Hanafin hasn’t looked good at all in the NHL. Until he starts showing his potential, there’s no way he’s worth a player of Nylander’a caliber.

Strong thinking.... I would think a 30 point 21 year old defensman is pretty good. Very pleased to have him. But yeah let’s downplay Hanifin as a player so we make Nylander’s value way higher for this thread.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
What if I love it?

Haha, I like this guy, he grasps subtlety.

Nylander is Nylander we all know; a softish rw/c who has great skating to enter the zone, but he puts up first line numbers.

Johnsson is the Leafs best forward prospect; he's not a light it up type guy but I think he's a steady 40 points a year guy.

Both would be a 1st in 2019, Vali, Hamonic if he wasn't busted up and something else.

Stone who is unwanted and Bennett who intrigues but doesn't woo? Nah.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
I'd trade Nylander + for Giordano but that's all on the Flames that really interest me to moving Nylander.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Haha, I like this guy, he grasps subtlety.

Nylander is Nylander we all know; a softish rw/c who has great skating to enter the zone, but he puts up first line numbers.

Johnsson is the Leafs best forward prospect; he's not a light it up type guy but I think he's a steady 40 points a year guy.

Both would be a 1st in 2019, Vali, Hamonic if he wasn't busted up and something else.

Stone who is unwanted and Bennett who intrigues but doesn't woo? Nah.

I’m not as high on Valimaki as other Flames fans are so sure use him as a piece. Don’t see the Flames moving Hamonic any time soon with Stone likely moving and Gio going down the pairings as he ages.

The 1st is something that I don’t think the Flames will move again for a while, give the situation with missing playoffs last year.

Any team could use Nylander there’s no doubt but the Flames are pretty set as is and don’t think they make any major changes unless they miss the playoffs.

I don’t think there was ever a thread started by a Flames fan asking to get Nylander.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I'd trade Nylander + for Giordano but that's all on the Flames that really interest me to moving Nylander.
That would be the best fit Tbh.... especially if the Flames are out of it by deadline.

Small sample size, but Gio has looked amazing so far this year (preseason and Game 1). The Flames D would be significantly damaged with him out of the lineup.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
if i was a Flames fan so would I. As a Leaf fan; Giordano 10 years ago, no problem. Giordano at 35 i have to pass.

Reactions: Menzinger

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Strong thinking.... I would think a 30 point 21 year old defensman is pretty good. Very pleased to have him. But yeah let’s downplay Hanifin as a player so we make Nylander’s value way higher for this thread.

I don’t give a shit about what you guys think of Nylander’s value in this thread. It has no bearing on reality and will not impact any trade scenario with Nylander.

Fact: Noah Hanifin has struggled in the NHL in sheltered minutes, especially at the end of the ice that matters most. Go ahead and post some of his advanced stats.

Fact: bottom six d-men are never the basis of a trade for top line forwards.

Hanifin is an addition to a trade for Nylander, not the main piece.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
That would be the best fit Tbh.... especially if the Flames are out of it by deadline.

Small sample size, but Gio has looked amazing so far this year (preseason and Game 1). The Flames D would be significantly damaged with him out of the lineup.

Why am I not surprised that you’d think old as f*** Giordano for Nylander is a good fit? :laugh:

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
I don’t give a **** about what you guys think of Nylander’s value in this thread. It has no bearing on reality and will not impact any trade scenario with Nylander.

Fact: Noah Hanifin has struggled in the NHL in sheltered minutes, especially at the end of the ice that matters most. Go ahead and post some of his advanced stats.

Fact: bottom six d-men are never the basis of a trade for top line forwards.

Hanifin is an addition to a trade for Nylander, not the main piece.
I don’t need to post advance stats. I see him playing.

Hanifin is a bottom 6 Dman? You’ve got to be kidding me.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
I don’t need to post advance stats. I see him playing.

Hanifin is a bottom 6 Dman? You’ve got to be kidding me.

Then you need to get your eyes checked. He’s all potential right now, primarily living off of his pre-draft hype and draft position.

Do yourself a favour and check out his advanced stats. It’s enlightening.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Uhh the Leafs would definitely laugh at a Nylander for Gio trade.

Now the value is equal, in 2 years its embarrassing

Reactions: Confucius

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
if i was a Flames fan so would I. As a Leaf fan; Giordano 10 years ago, no problem. Giordano at 35 i have to pass.
Holy crap I didn't even realize Giordano was 35 lol I thought he was 30. Yeah he's too old to be moving Nylander no deal.

Reactions: Confucius

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
This is a hideous deal for the leafs. Either we are giving up cost control years of nylander who is already a 1st line player for a rental panarin. Op is Ignoring the fact that panarin himself will want 8+ on his new deal and that the leafs cant afford to pay that. Savard is a solid defender but if the leafs are trading nylander than a defender much better than him better be coming back. Abramov is not relevent for the leafs. He is a winger and we have plenty of wing depth. He only pieces that leafs deal nylander for to he jackets are Seth Jones(untouchable #1) and werenski(untouchable number 2). Othrtwise we are not dealing nylander.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016

Completely forgot Gio is 35 lol, he's too old to be moving Nylander for. If you guys still had Hamilton that would do but he's not there anymore.

Tkachuky

Dec 30, 2009
In the Dome
Completely forgot Gio is 35 lol, he's too old to be moving Nylander for. If you guys still had Hamilton that would do but he's not there anymore.
He turned 35 a couple of days ago. He is a stud still and don’t see him slowing down for a few more years. Hard to put an age but I figure he will show signs of slowing down in 2-3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad