Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I'm hoping an 8 million dollar Nylander isn't the bait to get either of those two.

Obviously the Flames wouldnt touch that but I love those two players from Calgary and they would fill the Leafs needs. Tkachuk would add skill and grit to that top 6, is best friends with both Mitch and Auston. Giordano is a great defenseman and would instantly make the Leafs D better on all fronts.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
And the preteend loss of trade value. Along with the other speculating. There is some speculation about teams calling Toronto asking for Nylander.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Um if the Leafs are going to have cap problems by Willie asking for 8, wouldn't they have the same problem when Panarin asks for north of that? I would take Nylander at 6.5 to 7 over the next 6-8 years than a year of Panarin. Although the bread man is a better player than Willie, his asks will likely price the Leafs out of one of their other young stars.

Panarin with Tavares or Matthews would be disgusting though.

I think that's why it's for a "rental", although that seems like a bad idea for the Leafs in terms of asset management.

Tavares with Marner and Matthews with Panarin is an extremely tempting scenario, I will admit.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Obviously the Flames wouldnt touch that but I love those two players from Calgary and they would fill the Leafs needs. Tkachuk would add skill and grit to that top 6, is best friends with both Mitch and Auston. Giordano is a great defenseman and would instantly make the Leafs D better on all fronts.

Tkachuk + Matthews would be absurd.
Tkachuk is one of the most underrated high level playmakers in the league that likes to muck it up. Those two would be an absolute force.
G would stabilize that top pairing for sure. Him and Rielly would make a helluva pair.

Honestly, just don't see it happening on either front. Gio is Calgary's captain and leader. Tkachuk is really only touchable for an absurd return. Nylander ain't that.

Reactions: REALTALK81

josra33

Aug 11, 2008
Just trying to gauge how close this would be for both the Leafs and the Flames..

Leafs trade: William Nylander (Flames given permission to talk to and sign) and 1 of Andreas Borgman or Calle Rosen

Flames trade: Juuso Valimaki, Sam Bennett and Michael Stone (for cap purposes)

Justification for Leafs - They get a young potential top 4 in Valimaki and a wild card in the development of Sam Bennett. Stone would even out Salaries and offer Depth on D.

Justification for Flames - They get a young controllable asset who will upgrade their top 6 and woeful powerplay. They can replace Valimaki with their great depth on D and an equally young Rasmus Andersson. Borgman or Rosen replaces Stone for depth at a much better cost.
I hate the Leafs and even I say no!

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Tkachuk + Matthews would be absurd.
Tkachuk is one of the most underrated high level playmakers in the league that likes to muck it up. Those two would be an absolute force.
G would stabilize that top pairing for sure. Him and Rielly would make a helluva pair.

Honestly, just don't see it happening on either front. Gio is Calgary's captain and leader. Tkachuk is really only touchable for an absurd return. Nylander ain't that.

Fair play! I was just dreaming.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Not trading Nylander.

Leafs will let him sit the season before doing that.

That's just wrong; they'll absolutely trade him before they sit him for the entire season.

This is Toronto's best chance to win the cup; when they can bring in an expensive pending UFA at the TDL, and they have two of their best players under ELCs.

After this year, it just gets harder because of cap problems.

Nylander signs at sub 6.5 x 7 or they move him --- just not really sure if there's a good fit out there, so in all likelihood they get a lackluster quantity return.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
That's just wrong; they'll absolutely trade him before they sit him for the entire season.

This is Toronto's best chance to win the cup; when they can bring in an expensive pending UFA at the TDL, and they have two of their best players under ELCs.

Nylander signs at sub 6.5 x 7 or they move him --- just not really sure if there's a good fit out there, so in all likelihood they get a lackluster quantity return.
$6.75M x 6/7 should be the number

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
No thanks. We can't afford to pay nylander 8 million, and valimaki is already an nhler in his second season. Plus the leafs would want hamonic because anything otherwise is stupid.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Would rather take an offer sheet. The 1st alone is probably more valuable than that package. I like Valimaki but Bennet would be a 4th liner with little hope of moving up and Stone would be in a fight for #6/7 D.

Offer sheet gives us cap space to make a move at the deadline and the picks to do it.
Nobody will offersheet nylander.

Reactions: Confucius

VeeMerk

Jan 16, 2018
Toronto would rather add to Willy to get a better, more proven D prospect.

This is of course assuming they want to trade Nylander, which is not the case.

I'f i'm Toronto, i'm doing everything in my power to sign Nylander. The decision to trade him will most likely come from him wanting out rather than the org wanting to trade him (at least, in my opinion).

I have to say though, the return on D that Toronto can get for assets such as Nylander and Kadri are solid.

Either way, I hope you guys sign him cause in a few years, obviously, Marleau will not be on the team.

Reactions: my name is Bob

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

How does that help us? Or are we going to just do Willie a solid? lol

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Too Calgary fans- what’s up with Rasmus Anderson? Was a big fan of his out of the draft and have interest in him (but obviously would need significant adds if he was the base)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->