Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Neutral fan.
It would take Pesce +.

why not just fax over a 5 x 7.5 offer sheet?
I would gladly part with a mid 1st round pick for Willie. I mean, they have the Buffalo 2nd round which may as well be a late 1st.

I feel like their new owner should be all over this. They need marketable personalities, they need an exciting offensive player, they REALLY need a proven C, and they have surplus of D strength they can trade from. Nylander checks all the boxes.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
2019 2nd
Fox
Faulk(35% retained)/Fleury

For

Nylander

Thoughts? If the counter is Pesce then Leafs will need to add. Reason being Pesce is under a favorable long term contract and William isn't.
Maybe build it around Hamilton instead of Faulk. Canes get to keep Pesce.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
2019 2nd
Fox
Faulk(35% retained)/Fleury

For

Nylander

Thoughts? If the counter is Pesce then Leafs will need to add. Reason being Pesce is under a favorable long term contract and William isn't.
In any trade for Nylander your going to have to give something up that you really dont want to. I see nothing of that sort in this trade

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
We wouldn't move Nylander for Faulk.

It would cost either Svechinkov or Pesce + 1st +. Not sure if I'd do the latter, as Pesce's ceiling is pretty limited. The last thing I'd be happy seeing is Nylander killing it for years to come on another team.

bluedevil58

Oct 19, 2017
We wouldn't move Nylander for Faulk.

It would cost either Svechinkov or Pesce + 1st +. Not sure if I'd do the latter, as Pesce's ceiling is pretty limited. The last thing I'd be happy seeing is Nylander killing it for years to come on another team.

So a 23 year old mobile d man that can play defense and is big and is 23 and his ceiling is limited? At what age do d men reach their peak then?

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Neutral fan.
It would take Pesce +.

why not just fax over a 7 x 7.5 offer sheet?
I would gladly part with a mid 1st round pick for Willie. I mean, they have the Buffalo 2nd round which may as well be a late 1st.

I feel like their new owner should be all over this. They need marketable personalities, they need an exciting offensive player, they REALLY need a proven C, and they have surplus of D strength they can trade from. Nylander checks all the boxes.
Because 7 x 7.5 would mean giving up 4 1st rounders... you take the total contract value and divide by five to get the compensation AAV.

The Mentalist

Jun 29, 2018
This is awful for the Leafs. Fox and Fleury are AHLers at this point. Faulk is Gardiner-esque with his give aways. The only interesting piece is the 2nd that too depends on where the Canes finish.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
There is no fit. The Flames don't have room for another forward and can't afford to deplete their blueline for a luxury

Reactions: snipetype
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad