Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
@Snowman and @beauchamp once again trolling around the thread looking for suckers to get into an argument with.

I have a feeling you will both dissapear once Nylander signs, and if the Leafs have a successful future. You don't seem the type to admit you are wrong with dignity.
The latter isn't very good at this.

He disappears when he gets backed into a corner and starts making personal threats.

I'm not sure what people are worried about. If Nylander signs, we get a dynamite addition to this already talented line-up. If he doesn't and the Leafs are forced to trade him, look for a return similar to what Tampa got for Drouin. Nylander is much better than Drouin and Drouin landed a stud in Nylander.

Either way, it'll all work out.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I see no reason to keep Nylander around. Trade him for a really good dman and start contending for real. He's just wasting their time at this point and talking himself right into a trade as the Leafs realize their holes that need to be filled
easier said then done, im conflicted about willy, but it really seems his demands are high and for no reason.
We still need him he stabilizes the team a bit, and is actually one of the best neutral zone players in the league.
But then again we have a glaring hole on the top rhd. sigh.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
The latter isn't very good at this.

He disappears when he gets backed into a corner and starts making personal threats.

I'm not sure what people are worried about. If Nylander signs, we get a dynamite addition to this already talented line-up. If he doesn't and the Leafs are forced to trade him, look for a return similar to what Tampa got for Drouin. Nylander is much better than Drouin and Drouin landed a stud in Nylander.

Either way, it'll all work out.

Yea, people seem to think this is going to end with Willy just dissapearing. Either we sign him or we get a haul for him. I am fine with either, although I would prefer to sign him.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Yea, people seem to think this is going to end with Willy just dissapearing. Either we sign him or we get a haul for him. I am fine with either, although I would prefer to sign him.
Yeah - I don't really understand that logic.

I understand beauchamp (a Habs fan) seems to wish to believe that Nylander is just going to vanish into thin air but the reality is, we either sign him or we trade him for a haul.

I wouldn't be against bringing in a stud like Sergacheev. Nylander is better than Drouin so maybe we would be looking at bringing in even more?

Drouin sat out as well, no? I seem to remember him disappearing when they assigned him to Syrcause. he wouldn't report or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->