Speculation: Nylander V - The Management Strikes Back (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Would rather take an offer sheet. The 1st alone is probably more valuable than that package. I like Valimaki but Bennet would be a 4th liner with little hope of moving up and Stone would be in a fight for #6/7 D.

Offer sheet gives us cap space to make a move at the deadline and the picks to do it.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
I support @Viqsi 's points.

Further, trading our superstar LW and our next best option for a scoring forward prospect who has had success playing every forward position and getting yet another RW back is a hard premise for me to accept. Right now there is really only one RW that comes up in any conversations that I would want us to acquire (Mark Stone).

We need playmakers on the left side--subtracting Panarin just exacerbates that issue further.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Toronto would rather add to Willy to get a better, more proven D prospect.

This is of course assuming they want to trade Nylander, which is not the case.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The Leafs don't need to trade Nylander for a package, if they do consider moving him, they need to package him up to get an upgrade on the blueline if they can find it.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wow, I didn't see the OP adjustment. Throwing in Abramov makes this a complete non-starter for the Jackets; we have less than zero motivation to trade him for anything at all.

Reactions: CBJFan827

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
If the Leafs were a rebuilding/retooling team, id expect a return similar to ROR to BUF. Top 40ish pick (BUF knew they had the 31st pick in the draft at the time of the trade), good/young up and coming Dman (Zadorov) and another promising prospect (which Compher was at the time). Probably a bit higher quality of pieces since Nylander is younger and has a bit more potential upward trajectory compared to ROR when he was dealt at aged 24.

However, the Leafs are a 'win now' team and probably wants a player that helps them immediately. I dont futures are as appealing to them atm

This deal probably falls more in-line with a "futures" package. A reclamation projection and a D prospect (albeit a good one). Id think they want someone more established

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Dude Nylander and Johnsson (because really like anyone takes Rosen over Johnsson) for Valimaki, Stone and Bennett?

What?

If Nylander and Johnsson go to the Flames I won't say what it costs but you wouldn't like it.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
Wow, I didn't see the OP adjustment. Throwing in Abramov makes this a complete non-starter for the Jackets; we have less than zero motivation to trade him for anything at all.
TBH I'd consider trading VA in a package for Mark Stone, but that's about it. I want to see what he does in the AHL this year.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
Um if the Leafs are going to have cap problems by Willie asking for 8, wouldn't they have the same problem when Panarin asks for north of that? I would take Nylander at 6.5 to 7 over the next 6-8 years than a year of Panarin. Although the bread man is a better player than Willie, his asks will likely price the Leafs out of one of their other young stars.

Panarin with Tavares or Matthews would be disgusting though.

REALTALK81

Pro Log Driver
Nov 16, 2009
I'd love the Leafs to get Tkachuk or Giordano if we were dealing with the Flames.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Jackets aren't worried about getting something for Panarin. They're worried about making the playoffs.

Unlike the Islanders and Senators, the Jackets have made the playoffs the past 2 seasons and feel that they are in a spot where their window is open, not rebuilding or retooling.

Reactions: Viqsi and Dustin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad