Speculation: Nylander Thread VI - Return of the Agent (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Time will tell.
You are making definitive statements about the situation based on absolutely nothing, and thus, regardless of what actually happens, time will never make your position the correct one.

So you think he's signing with the Leafs and will be a Leaf long term ?
I think the more likely scenario is that he signs and is a Leaf long term. I think it is possible he is traded for an upgrade in an area of need, especially if Kapanen takes another step, but it's not for any of the reasons you have mentioned, and it will be on the Leaf's terms.

Nylander said himself his long term interests are at the heart of his holdout.
Yes, he said he was looking out for his financial interests, while also going out of his way to reiterate that he wants to remain a Leaf, and he wants a long-term deal.

No mention of center, or deployment, or other teams, or any of this nonsense you pulled out of your behind.

It's not the AAV alone. He thinks he can make big bucks elsewhere. Likely as a Centre.
More unsubstantiated claims.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
could easily happen.

Nylander wants out.

I don't think he has a role on the Leafs for the money he wants.

He has major trade bait value. So he will be traded.

Dubas is just going to wait a month or two to get the best offer.

I wonder what the offers are so far.
Are you going to make unsubstantiated claims all day?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Kadri on a team friendly deal.
Quite valuable.
Yes, Kadri is quite valuable, but that doesn't make him more important to the Leafs going forward. Only Tavares, Matthews and Marner are a step above.

There is nothing to support Leafs having Kadri above Nylander in importance, and nothing to suggest Nylander feels that way.

If signing team-friendly deals makes you more important to the team, and he wants to be more important to the team, I have a suggestion for him...

Phil68

Jun 13, 2009
Trade Nylander already to Carolina for Faulk and 1 st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
You can't just listen to what players and coaches and GMs say.

Players always say they want to stay long term with their current team. It's stupid to say otherwise. The idea you think Nylander would say to the Toronto media "i'm lukewarm to the Leafs" is just proof you just listen to what is said.

Only time tells here.

I do know one thing: Nylander thinks he deserves big bucks and the Leaf's don't have a spot for another big money forward, unless you think their D is fine.

Reactions: Faltorvo

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
There is nothing to support Leafs having Kadri above Nylander in importance, and nothing to suggest Nylander feels that way.
Kadri loves being a Leaf. I really think he loves playing for his Dad in Toronto. I think Dubas should hesitate trading a guy like Kadri who really wants to play for Toronto.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Are you going to make unsubstantiated claims all day?
Nope. I'm done now.
I just wanted to throw out the theory.
:popcorn:.

My last bold prediction was in March i said Babcock was going to be the coach of the Leafs. Everyone said No way. I said he'd get 50 million.

And we all know what happened.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nope. I'm done now.
I just wanted to throw out the theory.
:popcorn:.

My last bold prediction was in March i said Babcock was going to be the coach of the Leafs. Everyone said No way. I said he'd get 50 million.

And we all know what happened.
I called the moon landing.

Looks like we two modern day Nostradamus' in this thread. Nice to meet you.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
You can't just listen to what players and coaches and GMs say.
So we don't listen to the people with knowledge of the situation... the coach, GM, player, agent, media... but we should listen to you, a nobody making wild unsubstantiated claims like you're throwing darts at a dart board?

Players always say they want to stay long term with their current team. It's stupid to say otherwise. The idea you think Nylander would say to the Toronto media "i'm lukewarm to the Leafs" is just proof you just listen to what is said.
Players don't always say they want to stay long-term with their team, if they don't want to stay long-term with their team. We are in the late stages of a holdout, already mid-season, in Toronto, and all individuals involved, directly or indirectly, in the situation have spoken, and there is nothing, obscure or not, that suggests anything you are saying.

Leaf's don't have a spot for another big money forward, unless you think their D is fine.
Yeah, they do.

Our D will be fine.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
You are making definitive statements about the situation based on absolutely nothing, and thus, regardless of what actually happens, time will never make your position the correct one.

I think the more likely scenario is that he signs and is a Leaf long term. I think it is possible he is traded for an upgrade in an area of need, especially if Kapanen takes another step, but it's not for any of the reasons you have mentioned, and it will be on the Leaf's terms.

Yes, he said he was looking out for his financial interests, while also going out of his way to reiterate that he wants to remain a Leaf, and he wants a long-term deal.

No mention of center, or deployment, or other teams, or any of this nonsense you pulled out of your behind.

More unsubstantiated claims.

dude, i get where you are coming from but this "prove it " stance is moot.

this is a opinions based forums board

its rather redundant to make every post premised with "it's my gut feeling or just a hunch"

so i will premise it for you,"it IS my gut feeling" that what the other poster is saying is

very probable , given all i have seen and heard about willi

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Kadri loves being a Leaf. I really think he loves playing for his Dad in Toronto. I think Dubas should hesitate trading a guy like Kadri who really wants to play for Toronto.
Toronto isn't looking to trade Kadri. They have no reason to.

He's on a great contract, and he's happy in his role.

Kadri has nothing to do with Nylander.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
dude, i get where you are coming from but this "prove it " stance is moot.

this is a opinions based forums board

its rather redundant to make every post premised with "it's my gut feeling or just a hunch"

so i will premise it for you,"it IS my gut feeling" that what the other poster is saying is

very probable , given all i have seen and heard about willi
And given what you have seen and heard from Nylander and everybody with information on the subject, what in that suggests that anything he is saying is true or probable? I'm not even asking him to prove it, I'm asking him to support it. You should always be willing and able to support your opinions and positions, especially when you're stating them as truth.

You can say you think he'll be traded all you want, but don't come in here spouting stupid, unsubstantiated claims and conspiracy theories when it flies in the face of all public knowledge and common sense, and not expect to be called out.

Reactions: moegillknee

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
They only have about 8 million in cap space this year, which would all be taken up by Nylander, and then next year they have Rinne and Fiala to re-sign. Josi and Smith the year after.
Rinne is old and Saros is on a great contract. Can afford to let Rinne walk next summer or the summer after when Josi need a new contract.
Let Smith walk in two years when they sign Josi. No spot for Smiths new contract if they get Nylander. They can easily make it work. 7,5*5 million and they only have to give up a 1st,2nd and a 3rd. Trade Panthers 3rd to Vegas and get their own 3rd back.
Its a way to make it difficult for a team to sign all of their players under market value and should be used (it sadly isnt) just as teams try to give up as little as they can when they trade for players.

member 157595

Trade Nylander already to Carolina for Faulk and 1 st in 2019 and a 2nd in 2020

Yeah, Justin Faulk's utterly dominant defensive game and a bunch of maybes DEFINITELY address the weaknesses of the Toronto Maple Leafs...and all we have to give up is a measly William Nylander? WHERE DO I SIGN?

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
And given what you have seen and heard from Nylander and everybody with information on the subject, what in that suggests that anything he is saying is true or probable? I'm not even asking him to prove it, I'm asking him to support it. You should always be willing and able to support your opinions and positions, especially when you're stating them as truth.

You can say you think he'll be traded all you want, but don't come in here spouting stupid, unsubstantiated claims and conspiracy theories when it flies in the face of all public knowledge and common sense, and not expect to be called out.

i don't see any of the bolded in his statements.

We know about his father and his agent , his agent is a azz and his dad is a self centered merc

We know he was being groomed to fill Bozaks skates at C and he will never be a C here now.

Willi has shown clear shades of being not being interested in "sacrificing" with hard board/corner play, some even go as far as to call "gutless".

Pretty boy, prema donna waffs off this kid.

This really looks like it will not end well here.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Why would any team offer a top pairing rhd when nylander is demanding that kind of money? I'd rather just offersheet him for 8 million for 5 years as I doubt the leafs would match. You'd only have to give up first, second, and third. Nobody wants to pay nylander that kind of money, so his value should be lower right now. When nylander gets off his high horse, then a trade becomes more likely.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Rinne is old and Saros is on a great contract. Can afford to let Rinne walk next summer or the summer after when Josi need a new contract.
That's surprising. I wasn't aware that Nashville was considering not re-signing Rinne after this year? Still playing at a high level, and they are cup contenders. Seems risky to go with an unproven young backup as your starter.

Even if you can fit him in next year, will Rinne want to sign a 1-year deal as a 35+ player still playing well?

Let Smith walk in two years when they sign Josi. No spot for Smiths new contract if they get Nylander. They can easily make it work. 7,5*5 million and they only have to give up a 1st,2nd and a 3rd. Trade Panthers 3rd to Vegas and get their own 3rd back.
Why would Vegas help Nashville, a direct competitor in their conference, acquire a big piece for a swap of 3rds? Seems to me they would want more, knowing what you're trying to do.

So now you're losing players and forced into other transactions on top of losing draft picks to acquire him?

Not to mention you'd have to offer more than 7.5m to get him, and Nashville would probably lose him to UFA in 5 years.

Its a way to make it difficult for a team to sign all of their players under market value and should be used (it sadly isnt) just as teams try to give up as little as they can when they trade for players.
All teams want all other teams to sign their RFAs for under market value, because that helps them sign their own RFAs for under market value. GMs are concerned about their own teams, and how to improve them. They are not concerned with screwing over other teams for fun.

member 157595

Why would any team offer a top pairing rhd when nylander is demanding that kind of money? I'd rather just offersheet him for 8 million for 5 years as I doubt the leafs would match. You'd only have to give up first, second, and third. Nobody wants to pay nylander that kind of money, so his value should be lower right now. When nylander gets off his high horse, then a trade becomes more likely.

You want to pay Nylander 8 million dollars a year and then lose him as a UFA, since 5 years doesn't buy any UFA years?

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Toronto can get a much better return than Faulk if they’re trading Nylander.

Toronto absolutely can't get a better return than Faulk, a 1st and 2nd.

If you think they can get a better dman than Faulk, tell me who. Tell me what elite young dman that is significantly better than Faulk, is being offered up for a winger that isn't even a franchise level player, who wants franchise level money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad