Speculation: Nylander Thread VI - Return of the Agent (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huck Cheever

Sep 27, 2018
These two are not mutually exclusive... he can be worth way more than Pulock (he is) and still not be worth his current contract demands.

Do you watch hockey outside of Toronto games?

Last time i checked nylander is pulling a mike peca and leafs would be lucky to get a dman like pulock

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
So far Leafs have 13-13 goals in 3 games.
13 goals for would be 26 assists and 39 points.
39 points for 18 skaters in 82 games would be an average of 59 points per player.
Don't know why 61 points should pay 6M and more.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
Do you watch hockey outside of Toronto games?

Last time i checked nylander is pulling a mike peca and leafs would be lucky to get a dman like pulock
Seeing as I live in the Vancouver area and have Center ice yeah, I watch a lot of other teams. Nylander is significantly more valuable and a better contributor to a team than Pulock is currently, thanks for coming out tho

Last edited:
Reactions: Zrinski

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Trading Nylander for the sake of trading him isn't pragmatic but if you get a cost controlled young-ish D for him it makes much more sense than some Leafs fans are willing to acknowledge, you'd be stupid to not at least consider it.

As a johnny-come-lately to this thread, why would the other team trade "cost-controlled" to TOR, when the cost is the only reason TOR likely trades a player of Nylander's ilk?

That question isn't a retort of values, just unless it's a WPG v. Trouba type situation, opposite-but-equal, it seems TOR is making an ask and a half, but the player they'd receive would conceivably be equal to Nylander, if the desired trade is 1 to 1 type.

/Rambling

Reactions: Iceman

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
I bet Nylander shat his golden shorts when he saw Tavares, Matthews and Marner getting like 25 points each tonight - and his best friend Kapanen looking good next to Matthews.

Buffalo needs a #2, how about we switch the Nylanders.

Nylander for Nylander, Thompson & 2nd?

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
How fast things change.
Nylander isn't a problem, Leafs can leave him out.
The problem now are goalies.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
way too much, has nylander produced away from matthews?
in his short stint pre matthews, aka the last place leafs he paced for 48 points with bums and 16 mins a night(small sample though, 13 points 22 games) played mostly center.

last year for 3 different stretches he had 11 points in 20 games playing/learning mostly center(45 point pace)

all in all hard to say away from matthews he tends to play center instead of wing with weakish linemates but im assuming his minutes arent super hard either. But still 45-50 point pace as a center on the fly is pretty solid, considering its a make shift line and he has little support and minimal experience.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
in his short stint pre matthews, aka the last place leafs he paced for 48 points with bums and 16 mins a night(small sample though, 13 points 22 games) played mostly center.

last year for 3 different stretches he had 11 points in 20 games playing/learning mostly center(45 point pace)

all in all hard to say away from matthews he tends to play center instead of wing with weakish linemates but im assuming his minutes arent super hard either. But still 45-50 point pace as a center on the fly is pretty solid, considering its a make shift line and he has little support and minimal experience.

I like comparisons with Hyman if it's considered that Hyman doesn't play PP.

Nylander should have signed already because much more guys had 61 points last year than the year before and Nylander didn't improve. Instead he fell from #42 to #71. To keep #42 he needed 67 points last season.

And this trend keeps going, at the moment 139 guys have at least a ppg.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I like comparisons with Hyman if it's considered that Hyman doesn't play PP.

Nylander should have signed already because much more guys had 61 points last year than the year before and Nylander didn't improve. Instead he fell from #42 to #71. To keep #42 he needed 67 points last season.

And this trend keeps going, at the moment 139 guys have at least a ppg.
nylander improved last year imo, his scoring was the same and he had to due it in part playing center and learning to play defence. He also was very good at ev last year which he wasnt in his rookie season. Scoring isnt the only dimension in which a player can improve.

Reactions: Catch22

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
nylander improved last year imo, his scoring was the same and he had to due it in part playing center and learning to play defence. He also was very good at ev last year which he wasnt in his rookie season. Scoring isnt the only dimension in which a player can improve.
As each game goes by Nylander gets more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->