Speculation: Nylander Thread VI - Return of the Agent (ALL Nylander Discussion HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 157595

Toronto absolutely can't get a better return than Faulk, a 1st and 2nd.

If you think they can get a better dman than Faulk, tell me who. Tell me what elite young dman that is significantly better than Faulk, is being offered up for a winger that isn't even a franchise level player, who wants franchise level money.

Maybe they can't get a better return than Faulk for Nylander.

If that's the case, then we damn well shouldn't trade him in the first place. Faulk doesn't help us at all and acquiring him for the cost of Nylander would be absolute idiocy.

Reactions: Mcnotloilersfan

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
i don't see any of the bolded in his statements.
Look again.

We know about his father and his agent , his agent is a azz and his dad is a self centered merc
Yeah, and that has nothing to do with the unsubstantiated claims that were being spouted.

We know he was being groomed to fill Bozaks skates at C and he will never be a C here now.
We don't know that at all. That is speculation and wishful-thinking fueled entirely by the fact that people didn't see Bozak here long-term, and we didn't have many other options at center.

We also don't know if that was something that Nylander actually wants, especially considering he was worse at C, and he wouldn't get to play with Matthews.

Willi has shown clear shades of being not being interested in "sacrificing" with hard board/corner play, some even go as far as to call "gutless".
:laugh:

What a ridiculous statement, made even more ridiculous by the fact that you're speaking about a developing young player with 2 years in the league.

Pretty boy, prema donna waffs off this kid.
:laugh:

This really looks like it will not end well here.
Seems fine to me.

Leafs are positioned to come out of this fine, regardless of what happens.

The Assclown

Dec 7, 2015
Toronto absolutely can't get a better return than Faulk, a 1st and 2nd.

If you think they can get a better dman than Faulk, tell me who. Tell me what elite young dman that is significantly better than Faulk, is being offered up for a winger that isn't even a franchise level player, who wants franchise level money.

Faulk is trash. The Leafs won’t be trading their young star forward for trash.

This won’t be a Hall for Larsson redux.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
If we'd be lucky to get full value, why would we trade him now?

Because you ll lock him out, he will request a trade and sitting him for the year will blow up the locker room. Plus the 2 mediocre RFAs next summer will reflect on Nylander's treatment.

The times where you extort the ELC RFAs are long gone.

(Also zero interest in Nylander. One Granlund is enough)

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

Because you ll lock him out, he will request a trade and sitting him for the year will blow up the locker room. Plus the 2 mediocre RFAs next summer will reflect on Nylander's treatment.

I almost took you seriously until you said "2 mediocre RFA's". You got me :laugh:

Reactions: Sundinisagod

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough

Hahaha at this entire post.

Very well done.

10/10 brain damage.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
You want to pay Nylander 8 million dollars a year and then lose him as a UFA, since 5 years doesn't buy any UFA years?

Because it doesn't require you to give up a roster player and then adhere to his demands. I doubt gms value him as much with his asking price right now.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Faulk is trash. The Leafs won’t be trading their young star forward for trash.

This won’t be a Hall for Larsson redux.

I love how some Leaf fans bring up the Hall trade as if Nylander is close to the player that Hall is.

Value wise, you still havent answered what better return Toronto COULD get than Faulk, 1st and 2nd. I never said they had to trade him, but if they do, you dont find better value than that. (Also, Carolina doesn't make that deal)

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Maybe they can't get a better return than Faulk for Nylander.

If that's the case, then we damn well shouldn't trade him in the first place. Faulk doesn't help us at all and acquiring him for the cost of Nylander would be absolute idiocy.

I don't disagree with that at all.

Reactions: OmniCube

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I love how some Leaf fans bring up the Hall trade as if Nylander is close to the player that Hall is.

Value wise, you still havent answered what better return Toronto COULD get than Faulk, 1st and 2nd. I never said they had to trade him, but if they do, you dont find better value than that. (Also, Carolina doesn't make that deal)
Nylander is not better than Hall.

With that said, Nylander brings in more of a return than Larsson.

Not a slight on Hall. It's a slight on the Oilers management.

Reactions: FieldOfDreams

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

I guess you would have to give a list of available D men first.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I almost took you seriously until you said "2 mediocre RFA's". You got me :laugh:

I was contemplating using "hints" to display sarcasm, since this is leafs thread. Decided to take a leap of faith on the "mediocre".

I think the final deal will be a 2 year bridge with 6mil AAV.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
There is a lot of concern from opposing fan bases in this thread. Fear not.

If you're feeling nervous about the Leafs future, let me know and I'll PM you a clip of Tavares' hat-trick from last night.

How about that six spot they gave up? Offense doesn't appear to be a problem but the Leafs have legit concerns in goal and on the blue line.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Only way Nylander moves is if it is for a Pesce type D. Young 20's player who has proven to be able to play top 4 with some top pairing in there with room to grow, who ALSO fits the mold of D they are looking for, being a smart defensively sound guy who can play on the top pair with Rielly and play a lot of PK minutes.

There are not many like that around. Trades like the Seth Jones deal gives me hope that if the Leafs wait it out long enough a GM will get impatient and offer a big future piece on the backend for some star offensive talent.

If not, bridge him for 2-3 years. Let him put up 70-80 on Matthews wing. Let him play center when injuries hit like he did before to show he can play it. Then move him as a 25 year old RFA for max value

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara

Nylander COULD bring in a better return than Larsson. But it isn't a certainty. Teams rarely give up high end dmen these days. Its usually for a Center (Jones), another elite dman (Subban, bad trade) or terrible owner with a dman who won't play in Canada (Karlsson)

I guess you would have to give a list of available D men first.

Faulk
Benning

That's about it right now :/

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Because it doesn't require you to give up a roster player and then adhere to his demands. I doubt gms value him as much with his asking price right now.
So.. teams don't value him because of his 8 mil asking price, and you dont want to trade for him or lose roster players and have to deal with his 8 mil asking price, so instead, you'll lose draft picks, lose more draft picks to acquire the draft picks you need, lose roster players to cap restraints, and offer sheet him for his 8 mil asking price, while not get any of the 3 UFA years you would get otherwise.

Hmm...

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nylander COULD bring in a better return than Larsson. But it isn't a certainty. Teams rarely give up high end dmen these days. Its usually for a Center (Jones), another elite dman (Subban, bad trade) or terrible owner with a dman who won't play in Canada (Karlsson)

Faulk
Benning

Would you argue Drouin is better than Hall?

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Faulk
Benning

Well you certainly don't trade Nylander for either of those guys.

member 157595

Nylander's not close to Hall, that's for damn sure. If we took our existing forward core and added Taylor Hall to it I'm not even sure our defense would be bad enough to f*** that up. :laugh:

I think what has been made clear over the past few years is that defensemen, particularly those that shoot right-handed, cost a premium in trade. Since that's our only position of very obvious desperate need, I think Dubas would really be hard-pressed to extract maximum value for Nylander, and if we couldn't at least get a guy of Pesce's caliber I think moving Nylander would make no sense to begin with.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Nylander's not close to Hall, that's for damn sure. If we took our existing forward core and added Taylor Hall to it I'm not even sure our defense would be bad enough to **** that up. :laugh:

I think what has been made clear over the past few years is that defensemen, particularly those that shoot right-handed, cost a premium in trade. Since that's our only position of very obvious desperate need, I think Dubas would really be hard-pressed to extract maximum value for Nylander, and if we couldn't at least get a guy of Pesce's caliber I think moving Nylander would make no sense to begin with.
How do you know for certain which players are considered 'available' right now?

Some posters on here seem to have more information than others.

member 157595

I was contemplating using "hints" to display sarcasm, since this is leafs thread. Decided to take a leap of faith on the "mediocre".

I think the final deal will be a 2 year bridge with 6mil AAV.

Nah, you did good, no worries.

I think that's awfully high AAV for a bridge, personally.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
So.. teams don't value him because of his 8 mil asking price, and you dont want to trade for him or lose roster players and have to deal with his 8 mil asking price, so instead, you'll lose draft picks, lose more draft picks to acquire the draft picks you need, lose roster players to cap restraints, and offer sheet him for his 8 mil asking price, while not get any of the 3 UFA years you would get otherwise.

Hmm...

You really are missing the message aren't you? Why would a team give up a roster player AND then pay him 8 million when you can just give up a few picks. Not saying it's going to happen, but if a team wanted nylander so bad (and it looks like he isn't budging for now), I'd much rather simply offersheet him and see if the leafs match instead of giving of giving up a valued asset and then overpay him.

member 157595

How do you know for certain which players are considered 'available' right now?

Some posters on here seem to have more information than others.

I have no idea who's available, I don't think I ever stated I did?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->