egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
I keep coming back to he's overrated. He skates nice and stick handles well and that draws the admiration but he couldn't hit the side of a barn with his shot and he's a soft perimeter player that relies on the coattails of superior linemates.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I keep coming back to he's overrated. He skates nice and stick handles well and that draws the admiration but he couldn't hit the side of a barn with his shot and he's a soft perimeter player that relies on the coattails of superior linemates.
he's talented, unfortunately he's better suited for Stars on Ice than the NHL.

Reactions: notdoneyet

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I'll judge this butter soft swedish meatball with his playoff performance.

I only think he is a Leaf because Dubas couldn't get the return he wanted for him.

Reactions: hullsy47

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I don't see him being as good as Mike Ribeiro. Closer to Jonathan Drouin. A long way from his "comparables" of Pastrnak and Larkin.
I'm being hard on the kid because he actually thought he was worth 8.5 mil. Now how insane does that sound now? Nylander has all the skills to be a "elite" player, however his total reluctance to engage opponents physically is the reason he will never be "elite." Pasta is all over opponents getting in their faces, banging them to get the puck, that's why he's elite. Anyone who thinks Nylander is comparable to Pasta doesn't know anything about hockey imo. Yeah, I'm sure some "stats" nerd will post some stats making WN look fantastic, but the truth of the matter is these "stat" regurgitator's have more in common with a CPA than a hockey fan. Numbers and stats can be manipulated to anyone's bias, my eyes tell me all I need to know.

Reactions: HouseofBuggins

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
His whining about "Negotiations are Hard" annoys me the most. I am 100% trading him after i sign Matthews and Marner. No rush.

This soft punk RFA thinks he is so great he can pull these entitled moves. GTFO.

I wanted him to have a great year so we could trade him July 1. Might have to wait longer to improve his trade value

Reactions: The Spring Samauri

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Listen Einstein, young players, especially a #8 overall player, are expected to develop and get better. If his ceiling is 60 points ------he's a huge BUST at 7.5m a year. He's playing on the first line with one of the best centers in the world. Expectations should be high.

It boggles my mind that you think a player isn't expected to top his rookie and sophomore seasons as he grows older.
problem is leafs thought so too........ and gave him the money first.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I'm at the point where I think Dubas should be fired over the contract. What happened with Nylander was SOOOOO important in setting the stage for Marner and Matthews contracts.
I have a feeling that in the near future we're all going to look at the Nylander overpayment as the beginning of the end of something that could have been so special.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
I'll judge this butter soft swedish meatball with his playoff performance.

I only think he is a Leaf because Dubas couldn't get the return he wanted for him.

Haha this a good one. You’ve already judged him there is no going back you have your idiotic opinion and you will never change it. Seen a million posters like you come through here in the short time (2-3 years) I’ve been here.

You even show your true colours whilst trying to pretend you’ll give him a chance in this post

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
I personally feel Nylanders creativity has gone down from year to year and maybe that has something to do with Babcock's system. Remember when he was playing with Colin greening the year he got 15 odd games to end the year he was making amazing plays with the puck. I remember one powerplay against Detroit where he faked out the defenders, skated around the net and passed it in front for an easy tip in. Now when I see him skate around the net he always gives it back to the point. Doesnt even bother to look if there's someone open in the slot. Maybe that's Babcock's offensive zone strategy maybe not. Also Nylander was really good at stripping pucks in the neutral zone by being aggressive that lead to odd man rushes. Now he seems to hang low, to get back with numbers. Maybe that last ones not all that true just a difference I notice

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Oh I just realized this has become a defacto anti-nylander thread my bad. I’ll leave you all to your circle jerk

Come'on Walshy7, you didn't expect this? Leaf fans are brutal, that's why Leaf fans get a bad rep around the league. Some of these 'Leaf' fans deserve all the painful seasons we've had to watch prior to 2016.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Come'on Walshy7, you didn't expect this? Leaf fans are brutal, that's why Leaf fans get a bad rep around the league. Some of these 'Leaf' fans deserve all the painful seasons we've had to watch prior to 2016.

I guess I should have, problem is ALL leafs fans have to deal with the shit years too.

I don’t love every leaf player far from it but while they are in a leaf jersey I want them to play well. For example I think brown hasn’t been great this year and hope we look to move him on, but when he scores I cheer and yell broooown.

Some here have such a hatred for nylander whenever he does something good they can’t turn back into leaf fans and be happy. There was a poster that claimed the 1 goal (1 goal clearly isn’t good enough so far by th way) was because of matthews, if you remeber matthews barely even touched that puck, and that’s just a single example

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Sorry I forgot to praise his 1 goal in 43 games.

Oh I asked you to do that please post where I asked you to do that. Poster I replied to implied he could be impartial and judge him on the playoffs while also calling him “soft Swedish meatball” if you can’t see the built in hatred and bias a lot of posters here have it’s very evident it doesn’t matter what nylander does now their small minds are made up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad