GDT: NY Rangers 2018 Development Camp Thread

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It should be interesting - we have some big names now after this draft. :)

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
As long as Traktor put him in a position to succeed during the regular season, it's fine.

I'm sure his playoffs opened some eyes on the coaching staff.
They finally notice they have a decent KHL Rookie of the Year... more playoff points as a rookie there ever... got their attention lol

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Can Kravtsov buyout his contract, sign with NYR, then get loaned to the KHL team? In that situation he’d be able to play in Hartford and/or NY after the KHL season ends in April. Not saying that’s best. Just checking whether or not it’s possible/ been done before.

Yes, it`s possible unless it`s a rule in KHL that deny that option - if he have parents with him I believe he benefit a lot to start training here in US, and he might be good enough even this year to get at least 10 games in NHL. And he need to learn english fast as possible as well.

Reactions: egelband

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Can Kravtsov buyout his contract, sign with NYR, then get loaned to the KHL team? In that situation he’d be able to play in Hartford and/or NY after the KHL season ends in April. Not saying that’s best. Just checking whether or not it’s possible/ been done before.

Why couldn't those things happen anyway, after his K season/contract ends?
He is now on NYR reserve list, etc

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why couldn't those things happen anyway, after his K season/contract ends?
He is now on NYR reserve list, etc

His contract may end after his KHL season ends. I want to say their contracts run until April 30th, but maybe it's end of May. If he is under contract for the Rangers, he'd be able to come over at any time, regardless of whether his KHL season is over or not. If he's still under contract in the KHL, we'd have to wait until his contract expires and then sign him.

I wonder though how the lack of a transfer agreement affects loaning players back to the KHL. Have there been any players under NHL contract that have recently been loaned to the KHL?

Griffinbw

Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta
His contract may end after his KHL season ends. I want to say their contracts run until April 30th, but maybe it's end of May. If he is under contract for the Rangers, he'd be able to come over at any time, regardless of whether his KHL season is over or not. If he's still under contract in the KHL, we'd have to wait until his contract expires and then sign him.

I wonder though how the lack of a transfer agreement affects loaning players back to the KHL. Have there been any players under NHL contract that have recently been loaned to the KHL?
Bereglazov was loaned to the KHL.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I am worried he succeeds and they give him a big contract and we never see him again.

Keeping in mind the Rangers almost without a doubt interviewed at the combine. So he was in Buffalo NY for that. And then he was in Dallas for the draft. That shows some interest on his part I would think. Also keep in mind Nikolai Bobrov who is right behind Gordie Clark in the pecking order of our scouting department and Bobrov is Russian. Also keep in mind Buchnevich, Shesterkin and Rykov. It's not like he's going to be the only Russian on the team.

Jonas1235

Jan 8, 2008
Calgary
It's not about the player per se. It's about draft value. Many quality goaltenders can be had in the later rounds of drafts. There is no reason to waste a second round pick on one. Not to mention that goaltending prospects have very little trade value.

they have trade value as add-ons and in 3 years he could be ready for NHL backup, then you trade him for a good NHLer when the rebuild is done. Asset management.

Gospel of Prospal

America's Team
May 29, 2010
New York City
Keeping in mind the Rangers almost without a doubt interviewed at the combine. So he was in Buffalo NY for that. And then he was in Dallas for the draft. That shows some interest on his part I would think. Also keep in mind Nikolai Bobrov who is right behind Gordie Clark in the pecking order of our scouting department and Bobrov is Russian. Also keep in mind Buchnevich, Shesterkin and Rykov. It's not like he's going to be the only Russian on the team.

Bobrov looks like Cliff Ronning

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
they have trade value as add-ons and in 3 years he could be ready for NHL backup, then you trade him for a good NHLer when the rebuild is done. Asset management.
Unlikely. The development of goalies is highly volatile and most of them bust. Look at Lafleur and Halverson who we previously wasted second round picks on. We took Halverson over Brayden Point who is better than any forward on our team.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Please someone save me. I am so bored. My GF is getting a manicure and I literally have nothing to do except refresh Twitter and look for updates on this camp lol.

Edit: nvm she done.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Both Kravtsov's agent and Gorton said it was possible for him to get out of his KHL contract, I believe, so perhaps there has been some behind the scenes dealings in that regard before the draft

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad