North Bay Battalion 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Matvei x2 will be the best import duo the Battalion have had in a few years, which on one hand isnt saying much but on the other is a positive building block!

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Ah I was kind of hoping for Lazutin or Chibrikov... don't really know anything about Petrov...

Jokke Nevalainen (head of European Scouting for DobberProspects) doesn't think he's one of the top 2003's and he had marginal success in Russia's major junior league last year but he was a point per game in 9 games for Russia's U17 team in international play

But more importantly is NB should have him for 3 years and now get to develop him into the star player they need him to be in a couple years

Greatger

May 11, 2007
upload_2020-6-30_11-8-29.png

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Should be a few NHL scouts in the stands for next year with Vrbetic, Jackson, A + P Christopolous and Petrov all first time draft eligible.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Should be a few NHL scouts in the stands for next year with Vrbetic, Jackson, A + P Christopolous and Petrov all first time draft eligible.
The future is very promising, hopefully Primeau can bounce back from pretty bad year and Russell can be back in full force off a concussion

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
...this has POTENTIAL written all over it......cannot come soon enough.….uptake in season tix should be a slam dunk....Arnsby Petrov and Coe/Primeau has a nice feel to it...

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I think Primeau was playing hurt last season. Regardless, I would give him 20 games to produce or find a role on this young team. If not, off he goes for some draft picks!

Forward / Goaltending seems set. A defence lead by #7 Rose still scares me a bit. Need an O/A back there.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Dan Milstein and Connor Williams on Brock Otten’s site have reported the signing of Matvei Petrov by Battalion today. A site called The Draft Analyst (Steve Kournianos) had this to say (note comparison to existing team member):

1. Matvei Petrov, LW (North Bay, OHL)

Petrov is a soft-mitted dual threat from the flanks who spent half his 2020 season with Krylia Sovetov in the MHL in addition to starring for Russia at multiple under-17 events. A right shot who played mostly at left wing, Petrov is an offense-first sniper who has a lethal shot-release combination but also keen vision and the confidence to go tape-to-tape across the seam. He is both confident and competent at handling the puck, although he spends a significant amount of time away from board battles and always looks to slip into openings for a quick shot at the net. He is an average skater in multiple areas but does have strong balance and can be agile in tight spaces when looking to buy an extra second or two to bring his elite shot into the mix. Petrov’s game is similar to current North Bay scorer Brandon Coe in that that can serve as either playmaker or sniper but also is missing the intensity and physicality component.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Brazeau is on Marlies roster. For next season nice@ Elite Prospects.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
It would appear Steven Laforme’s OHL dream did not include NB Battalion, nor did the Battalion's dream include him, as per neutralzone.net:

Merrimack will reportedly lose a recruit to the OHL. 2003-born forward Steven LaForme was traded to the Ottawa 67’s last month, and according to a report in The Turtle Island News, he has signed an OHL contract and will play for the 67’s this upcoming season. By doing so, LaForme will forgo his NCAA eligibility.
“I kind of saw it coming before it happened,” he told the paper of the trade. “Ottawa reached out to North Bay and my agent about the potential of me being traded there.”
The report goes on to later state that he signed an OHL contract.
“It’s always been a dream of mine,” LaForme said. “It’s the highest level of junior hockey you can play, and it’s nice to know I’m finally getting to the big stage. For them to offer me a contract and recognize my talent is amazing.”

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
It would appear Steven Laforme’s OHL dream did not include NB Battalion, nor did the Battalion's dream include him, as per neutralzone.net:

Merrimack will reportedly lose a recruit to the OHL. 2003-born forward Steven LaForme was traded to the Ottawa 67’s last month, and according to a report in The Turtle Island News, he has signed an OHL contract and will play for the 67’s this upcoming season. By doing so, LaForme will forgo his NCAA eligibility.
“I kind of saw it coming before it happened,” he told the paper of the trade. “Ottawa reached out to North Bay and my agent about the potential of me being traded there.”
The report goes on to later state that he signed an OHL contract.
“It’s always been a dream of mine,” LaForme said. “It’s the highest level of junior hockey you can play, and it’s nice to know I’m finally getting to the big stage. For them to offer me a contract and recognize my talent is amazing.”
makes it sound like NB didnt offer a contract or spot on the team? If thats the case then wish him the best in proving NB wrong, if he pulled the no report card then I hope he flops:)

Reactions: SeniorJuniorFan

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
I think we would have had a spot for him....we are not going to be that good..London maybe but not us...agent may have got Ottawa interested...what did NB get in return?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
North Bay signed their first 4 picks from the 2019 draft last season. Now they only have 4 graduates from that team - Grima (D), Bulitka (F), Henderson (D) and Denault (F) plus a spot opening up from the Schlueting (D) trade. That's 5 spots for this year's team. Who gets the spots?
- Guskov (F)
- Petrov (F)
- Nelson (D)
- Wakely (F)
- 3rd OA? (D)

They quite frankly had no room for another forward like LaForme. Great job by management finding a home for him elsewhere.

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
The border will need to be opened for the league to operate,,,,,he may not come until the league gets the ok to cross the border for league play....

Reactions: Olden

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
My Battalion mask is ready for pick up at Mem Gardens, lol. Fun little way to support the Troops, good to show support for things that may be taken for granted, especially during uncertain times

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
My Battalion mask is ready for pick up at Mem Gardens, lol. Fun little way to support the Troops, good to show support for things that may be taken for granted, especially during uncertain times
$10 I believe Kitch and Sag are 12.

Reactions: Uncle

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Who made the maks. You did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad