North Bay Battalion 2020 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Got to love the updates on the site ha ha Zero media. Look at the other teams. They care about the fans.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
2 headlines in the Toronto Sun today.....

--GM Dubas pledges to make Leafs meaner!!

--Leafs sign Jason Spezza for another year!!

Bahahahaaa

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
2 Battalion players named to NHL central scouting watch list
(A- first round, B-second/third round, C- later rounds)

Vrbetic ranked B
Petrov ranked C

Reactions: Olden

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
seeing some footage online of newcomers Petrov and Wakely, seem to have above average OHL shots already. With those two and A Christopolous I think we can expect a lot of goals in the near future.

Petrov has quickly climbed his way to to be leading scorer of his MHL team with less games played

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
It is interesting that Elite Prospects has the transaction status confirmed as LDN to CSKA. There is no mention of the player reverting from NB to LDN, so it appears that maybe the LDN / NB trade has already been unwound and the draft picks reinstated. I think he would have been a worthwhile player for probably just 1 season, but I did wonder at the time of the value of paying 2 3rd round draft picks for a player who had 2 30 point OHL seasons. In view of the video of him and Matvey Petrov training together, I suspect the team did some solid planning in the acquisition in order to provide a soft landing spot for Petrov. The biggest concern for me now is Petrov reporting. It will be a massive whiff for the franchise if the 1st overall CHL import doesn’t arrive.

In a somewhat related story, in order to provide a little torture to myself, about a week or so ago I made a wildly speculative ( and probably pointless) roster list for the end of training camp, fall 2021, leading into the ‘21 /’22 season. Neither of these players is on it.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I have to wonder if there's an out clause in that KHL contract. Odds are that he's nowhere near being prepared to play pro in Russia this season. Does he play his first year in North Bay in the instance they have a season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad