Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Reactions: LDN and AttackSound

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Import Draft who are we lookn at. Who will actually come I mean.
Assuming they're looking at Russian-born players, Matvei Michkov would be the best possible player and also a late birthday which would mean his draft year would fall a year later than most. Nikita Chibrikov and Daniil Lazutin are two other guys who would be of interest.

Michkov is a player in the same conversation as Fantilli. High end offense, trending towards a top five pick in the 2023 draft. It's tough to say whether he goes to NA at this point.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
So what are we gonna get as an import. Superstar or ....
I have no insider information but im hopeful, superstar might not be the right term but everything Adam Dennis has done since taking over has been great, no reason to believe he flops the import draft

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
I have no insider information but im hopeful, superstar might not be the right term but everything Adam Dennis has done since taking over has been great, no reason to believe he flops the import draft
The two names I keep hearing are Daniil Lazutin and Nikita Chibrikov - either or would be a great pickup in my mind. Adam Dennis is proving to be a solid team builder at this point in time; no reason to think he isn't trying to set something up in order to hit a home run with that Number One pick. That being said - put yourselves in Dennis' position - if it's a guaranteed no doubter they'll report, who do *you* take with that pick and why?

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
4 of our boys invited to u17 Canada camp.
Nelson, Wakely, Mathurin and goalie dom divincentiis
113 invited throughout whole CHL, pretty good representation from North Bay

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
well what's the word?
Any speculation on who'd we be taking?

OHL insiders On Twitter has suggested we like a guy named Matvei Petrov, a 17 year old 6 ft 1 Russian forward.

Prospect Pipeline threw the name Jesper Wallstedt, a highly touted Swedish goaltender.

I’d be happy if either were selected and decide to come overseas for us. Though I would prefer a F over D or G at this point in time.

Last edited:

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
OHL insiders On Twitter has suggested we like a guy named Matvei Petrov, a 17 year old 6 ft 1 Russian forward.
Prospect Pipeline threw the name Jesper Wallstedt, a highly touted Swedish goaltender.
I’d be happy if either were selected and decide to come overseas for us. Though I would prefer a F over D or G at this point in time.
Ah I was kind of hoping for Lazutin or Chibrikov... don't really know anything about Petrov...

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Ah I was kind of hoping for Lazutin or Chibrikov... don't really know anything about Petrov...
Played with both as an U16 in the Four Nations tournament. A right shot LW. Similar production in the MHL. Very little out there on him that I could find. I'd really like to know why he wasn't on the U17 World Juniors roster.

He was the guy who drives the net on the first goal. Lazutin is in the clip as well.

Lazutin is a really interesting name considering the bloodline, but I don't think we're in the market for another center.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Played with both as an U16 in the Four Nations tournament. A right shot LW. Similar production in the MHL. Very little out there on him that I could find. I'd really like to know why he wasn't on the U17 World Juniors roster.

He was the guy who drives the net on the first goal. Lazutin is in the clip as well.

Lazutin is a really interesting name considering the bloodline, but I don't think we're in the market for another center.

Maybe Russia got wind of his intentions to go to the CHL:sarcasm:

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
My feeling on this one is the same as the Priority Selection. Sure, grabbing Adam Fantilli would have been fantastic, but more important was not pitching a shutout with the first pick. It would be outstanding to select a franchise altering Import player, but more important is to obtain a quality player who the team knows will come here and contribute, hopefully for 2 – 3 seasons.

Reactions: Uncle

belair

Apr 9, 2010
Canada
My feeling on this one is the same as the Priority Selection. Sure, grabbing Adam Fantilli would have been fantastic, but more important was not pitching a shutout with the first pick. It would be outstanding to select a franchise altering Import player, but more important is to obtain a quality player who the team knows will come here and contribute, hopefully for 2 – 3 seasons.
I don't disagree.

But when you're picking first overall, I think you need to put the extra work in. Just getting a player to report isn't enough IMO. Anything less than an impactful player is a waste of a highly valuable draft selection.

And this is probably the most difficult year to get a solid commitment from the agent of a blue chip prospect. We still don't know if the CHL will start on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad