North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Speaking of blueliners, check Sudbury's announcement. We can only dream.
Samuelsson? He looks like a giant meh. Undrafted 19 year old who left Boston College and has now fizzled out of the USHL with lackluster results.

I'm sure we'd take anyone right now, but I'm not really that high on Samuelsson.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Belair not high on the kid, Sudbury posters thnk theye got the next Chris pronger. My guess is all or almost all have not seen him play . I will wait until I see him a few times.
I read up on him quite a bit prior to his draft year. There was a little hype behind him due to the bloodlines but he was essentially the 'stay-at-home' type of defenseman that has all but disappeared in today's game.

Back then his footspeed was in question and there was likely little offense to his game.

That being said, who knows? This is a 19 year old 6'6 d-man coming in the OHL from the USNDTP and a year in Division I. He might just dummy the competition physically.

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Samuelsson? He looks like a giant meh. Undrafted 19 year old who left Boston College and has now fizzled out of the USHL with lackluster results.

I'm sure we'd take anyone right now, but I'm not really that high on Samuelsson.

I love how NB fans post on Wolves acquisitions on their own board. :)

cub

Apr 11, 2012
Belair not high on the kid, Sudbury posters thnk theye got the next Chris pronger. My guess is all or almost all have not seen him play . I will wait until I see him a few times.

Chris Pronger? far fetch I must say, I get a kick of apparently Wolves fan knocking a transaction on NB board. :)

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Cam Peters up for trade apparently:( stat line is bad but the eye test shows he is a good player due for a breakout

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
CP23 as been one of our better players when allowed to go
Yes agreed, he shouldn’t have to play on fourth line. If he asked for trade for that reason, start moving OA bodies out and make some room. Don’t trade an 02 forward that has shown good progress just on the cusp of becoming a very solid player

Reactions: barclayplager

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
If he plays anything like Sanvido did a few years ago and adds a little more offence to his game I would take him all day long. Fail to see that adding a 19 year old with some maturity and size is what the team was missing. We don't need him to be a Chris Pronger. We need to provide stability on the pairings, clear the front of the net, block shots, make it harder for players to get to the net and use his length and reach to intercept or break up plays in our own end. No one is calling him the saviour but I would say he is equal or if not better than Gordevv and way better than Malik was and the best part is we didn't have to give up picks to get him. Their is video on him if anyone would do any research on him. Seems to have some soft hands. North Bay could use about anyone right now I don't know why they would criticize him when they have their own work to do on the backend.

WJ

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
If he plays anything like Sanvido did a few years ago and adds a little more offence to his game I would take him all day long. Fail to see that adding a 19 year old with some maturity and size is what the team was missing. We don't need him to be a Chris Pronger. We need to provide stability on the pairings, clear the front of the net, block shots, make it harder for players to get to the net and use his length and reach to intercept or break up plays in our own end. No one is calling him the saviour but I would say he is equal or if not better than Gordevv and way better than Malik was and the best part is we didn't have to give up picks to get him. Their is video on him if anyone would do any research on him. Seems to have some soft hands. North Bay could use about anyone right now I don't know why they would criticize him when they have their own work to do on the backend.

WJ
God you Sudbury folks are super sensitive

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Cam Peters up for trade apparently:( stat line is bad but the eye test shows he is a good player due for a breakout
Can't blame the kid if he asked to be moved.

Don't know why he is stuck on the bottom lines. Never had a chance to prove anything really. He's always one of the hardest workers out there and gets lots of chances.

I dunno but if I were coaching I'd prefer Peters over Jackson on the 2nd line regardless of what hand he shoots. Cause that's what's most important when developing young players.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Hahaha read this thread again. No different in the Bay! You guys haven’t left that poor #5 alone in two years.

WJ
The issue I believe is one that if one of our fans hops on your board and says anything critical the mob takes over. I made a reference to not thinking much of Levin last season and I now have to have security when I go to Wolves home games. :D

Reactions: Iloveallsports
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille