North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
......so he's playing great for an O/A who was counted on to LEAD this team? Moncada is out playing/out scoring/out working him. He has to show more.
I don’t think anyone really expected him to lead the team in points. His numbers were inflated while playing with Braz, was Riley Bruce a bad captain for not getting points ?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I don’t think anyone really expected him to lead the team in points. His numbers were inflated while playing with Braz, was Riley Bruce a bad captain for not getting points ?

Was Bruce a 30 goal scorer before his O/A season? My opinion is he shouldn't be out worked by a 3rd line centre!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Was Bruce a 30 goal scorer before his O/A season? My opinion is he shouldn't be out worked by a 3rd line centre!
He played with Brazeau, braz was a freak and the opened the ice a lot for him so of course he points were high. We all knew that going in. Stats don’t reflect leadership period

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Re: Brad Chenier (C)

I agree with SNLDP, to a point. I have no doubt he is providing leadership, both on and off the ice by setting good examples (presuming this is why he was named Captain). But, Brad is on pace for 14 G, 50 Pts. I know he benefited by playing on a line with all-world JB17 last season. But the harsh reality is a team like the Battalion needs much more than these projected numbers from its OA Captain.

It is a results oriented game (or maybe business) and the truth is BC24 is just one of many whose production has disappointed one fifth of the way into the season. Hopefully he (and others) can get it going, beginning in the next 3 hours or so.

Reactions: Samee987

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
PS5 draws back in while Thompson takes a seat, Hardwick comes in for a suspended Coe. 12 points in 18 games with the Voodoos this year

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
How the **** do you call the wrong guy on a slew foot

Lol...what do you think the embarrassment factor was for Hamilton on that call. The league should suspend him for 2 games for guessing on a call.

Also, I thought there was a league rule that said you couldn't show reviewable replays on the big screen until a decision was made by the officials? Did I dream this?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Lol...what do you think the embarrassment factor was for Hamilton on that call. The league should suspend him for 2 games for guessing on a call.

Also, I thought there was a league rule that said you couldn't show reviewable replays on the big screen until a decision was made by the officials? Did I dream this?
Hamilton LOVES the spotlight. Does he know the NHL won’t be calling him anytime soon with that type of performance, maybe review it before sending the kid to the shower

Reactions: Birddog

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
With this team in tough this year, time to move an O/A out and bring back Walker once he is released from Oshawa (they have 4). Let's see how tough Pete's #26 & #28 are then! We are a pretty soft team now.

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
The Petes made scoring goals look easy yesterday - some of them of the head-shaking tic-tac-toe type. Oh well, maybe some day.......

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
For what it’s worth Schuelting already surpassed his point total from last year. Sitting a 4 assist. Has yes to find the back of the net in his OHL career

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
For what it’s worth Schuelting already surpassed his point total from last year. Sitting a 4 assist. Has yes to find the back of the net in his OHL career
Jacob Murray, Kingston’s first round pick at 13 in 2018 (Pacey’s draft year), has 3 pts in 15 games, also a -14. pacey 4 pts 15 games -14 so at least we aren’t the only ones.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Agree with good friend and savvy observer Sleemans2. We will never know if the decision to select a hometown player at 9 was a decision of the GM or was mandated by ownership. From a purely hockey product on the ice standpoint, there were options, such as these made by northern teams:

20) SSM Ryan O’Rourke GP 77 G 13 A 21 Pts 34 (14 in 15 games this season), and named team captain in the 2nd month of his 2nd season; or

30) SUD Jack Thompson GP 70 G 12 A 18 Pts 30 (14 in 18 games this season).

Greatger

May 11, 2007
Was listening to NHL Network driving home at lunch, and they said (regarding Babcock) that the year 2000 style coaching doesn’t work anymore in 2019. You have to let the dogs go and not coral them in the defensive zone. This old school style of hockey doesn’t work anymore.
Who does this remind you of ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad