North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Its sad yea!! Legend haha his record isnt very good since hes been in the O. Just cause you coached a ton of games. Its a joke tbh hes record isnt good at all. Longest running coach for one team in history.

Reactions: Birddog

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017

something to possibly look forward to?? With our luck neither would report haha

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Hello NB fans!
I'm wondering about any thoughts of the Battalion and Attack completing another yearly trade with one another? Could these teams make a deal like the one below?

To North Bay: 02-LD/ Seed + 00-RW/Pearson + OS/20 5'th
To Owen Sound: 02-LD/ Schlueting + 99-LW/ Chenier + NB/20 9'th

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Hello NB fans!
I'm wondering about any thoughts of the Battalion and Attack completing another yearly trade with one another? Could these teams make a deal like the one below?

Sure, we get younger, a higher pick and make use of one of our OAs.
I’d like to get our 2nd round pick back from you guys though, something around Struthers?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Hello NB fans!

I’d give you Struthers over Chenier and switch the 5th into a 3rd. Would love a 2nd but I feel a 3rd might be the best even value

Reactions: Olden

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
I'm thinking DD has no interest to bring back a player he has previously traded away in 99/Struthers.
My thought process on this trade idea is, the two Dmen may just need a change of scenery to help reboot their development with maybe more ice time etc. As for 00/Pearson, he would have a better chance at an OA spot in North Bay then in Owen Sound next season. The Attack have an open OA spot right now, making 99/Chenier a nice option to fill that position. The draft picks are a crap shoot, I don't think higher picks would be added but you never know.

Reactions: Uncle

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Notes from Tue. workout:

6F, 4D, 1G on ice 2:30-3:05, rest of team joined in after re-surface. Line combos (don’t know if these are news or same as last weekend):

White (1) Chenier Moncada Coe
Yellow (2) Primeau Struthers Russell
Green (3) Jackson Peters Arnsby (in red no-contact – maybe a mishap in tournament)
Gray (4) Currie Korpialho A. Chris.

MIA (as far as I could tell): Campbell, the Pacer.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Notes from Tue. workout:

6F, 4D, 1G on ice 2:30-3:05, rest of team joined in after re-surface. Line combos (don’t know if these are news or same as last weekend):

White (1) Chenier Moncada Coe
Yellow (2) Primeau Struthers Russell
Green (3) Jackson Peters Arnsby (in red no-contact – maybe a mishap in tournament)
Gray (4) Currie Korpialho A. Chris.

MIA (as far as I could tell): Campbell, the Pacer.
Fair to assume Campbell was sent back down?
No Caines either?

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Oops, memory isn't what it once was, forgot about Caines. Can't recall whether he was on ice or not. We need more reliable reporting.

Reactions: Samee987

barclayplager

Feb 9, 2014
..you know the young guys attract attention so you must be prepared to include some in any trade of older ones...I would not..even if it means no trades at all..

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
There are a few mildly interesting story lines for tonight:

From the 2017 Priority Selection, compare and contrast the following: Brandon Coe (3rd overall) and Arthur Kaliyev (26th overall). In fairness to NB GM, there are a number of teams who whiffed on this one.

Can Troops contain (probably won’t stop) 3rd (Kaliyev) and 5th (Jenik) league leading scorers?

What was so wrong with Payton Vescio, anyway?

What about Pacey, in or out of the lineup?

If Liam Arnsby is out (red no contact as recently as Tue.), how will Coach construct the lines?

First southwestern 3 games on the road a couple of weeks ago: outscored 26-6 in 3L; 2nd 3 gamer: outscored 14-9, still 3L, therefore progress, right? Coaches are still convinced they are close, but do the players and fans share this outlook?

What will the magic number be by 9:30 tonight: 11 (as in consecutive losses) or 1 (as in consecutive win)?

And big picture, not just tonight: Are the Troops trying to get past MIS for 8th and the glory of another 1st round playoff exit, or get past KGN for 20th overall?

Reactions: Olden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->