North Bay Battalion 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I hear ya. Really tough to follow the conversation when everyone is too lazy to spell out players names. They think players initials and their number is enough for everyone to know who they are talking about.

PS5 = Pacey Schlueting #5
LOL players initials and their jersey number is NOT enough for you to figure out who we are talking about? You want sin numbers and postal codes too?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
LOL players initials and their jersey number is NOT enough for you to figure out who we are talking about? You want sin numbers and postal codes too?
Never mind all that, did you see the Greyhounds game on Sunday when KW28 absolutely undressed their defenseman and then roofed it over the goalie for his first ever goal? It was epic.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
Nolan R Seed #6 Of the Owen Sound Attack OHL hockey club was recently scratched as well, he was the 15th overall pick in the 2018 where Pacey Schlueting was the 9th for the North Bay Battalion. I wonder if a swap would do both perceivably underachieving defenseman good. Owen Sound and North Bay are well documented trading partners.

I am not stating they are of equal value, just pointing out an observation I had.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
GM traded 4 consecutive North Bay Battalion first round draft choices as follows:

Brett McKenzie (’13) Jan/18 to OS
Zac Poirier (’14) Summer/17 to GUE
Brady Lyle (’15) Oct/17 to OS
Adam McMaster (’16) Dec/18 to OS

Since there hasn’t been one of these transactions in almost a year, clearly either of Brandon Coe or Pacey Schlueting is due.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
No problem with losses like that! Looked like the better team 75% of the game just didn’t finish but the opportunities were there!

Patricia

Aug 25, 2018
Agreed. Better team thru 2 periods, lots of shots, 2-1 lead then 4 shots in the 3rd. Long live the trap!!
Long live a 5 minute major for slew footing in the final two minutes....aside from the bulk of the 3rd, well played game tonight! Anyone else think Mr. Coe is going to / has already gotten an earful for his special kind of boneheaded-ness? Didn't exactly help matters with that brain cramp.

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Long live a 5 minute major for slew footing in the final two minutes....aside from the bulk of the 3rd, well played game tonight! Anyone else think Mr. Coe is going to / has already gotten an earful for his special kind of boneheaded-ness? Didn't exactly help matters with that brain cramp.
Doubtful

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Nolan R Seed #6 Of the Owen Sound Attack OHL hockey club was recently scratched as well, he was the 15th overall pick in the 2018 where Pacey Schlueting was the 9th for the North Bay Battalion. I wonder if a swap would do both perceivably underachieving defenseman good. Owen Sound and North Bay are well documented trading partners.

I am not stating they are of equal value, just pointing out an observation I had.

Don't read anything into Seed. He was sitting out of the rotation for a game, as he had been recovering from a minor I jury recently.

He's not going anywhere. And he's not underachieving . The Attack has a very solid blueline this season . Their goals against are top in the league . Seed will get his chance to move up the depth chart next year.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
I thought this was a pretty solid effort and a moral victory (if they have any value) vs. a superior team. Looks like the Troops could be missing another right winger, as I believe slew-foot is worth a few games (maybe 5?). Don’t know if this is on players or coaches but on the 2-2 goal there was a massive mis-match as the SUD #1s were out against NB #4s plus rookie D and Henderson. It wasn’t long before the puck was in the net. Amazingly only a 2 or 3 minutes later the same forwards were on ice, but no damage.

Luke Moncada is my captain on next season’s squad. His match-up against the Byfield line seemed to keep the big fella somewhat under control (at least 5 on 5) a good part of the game. Speaking of Q, his passing, skating and straight ahead speed look to be major league ready right now.

LuciferNB

Dec 29, 2018
Thoughts on our Captains play this season? 15 games - 3 goals!!

Just because he's the captain doesn't mean he is going to be the top goal producer on the team, He does a lot for the team. With that said they should trade him and Struthers and build around the youngsters for the coming years.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Brandon Coe 2 games for slew foot. Are there any healthy scratches available? Or will it be a simple matter of an affiliate traveling 20 min. from Powa..., er 2 1/2 hours from Pembroke?

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Just because he's the captain doesn't mean he is going to be the top goal producer on the team, He does a lot for the team. With that said they should trade him and Struthers and build around the youngsters for the coming years.

Last 6 games, 0 goals, 1 assist, minus 11....that's not good leadership IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad