North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
What a pathetic game.

To be expected. News flash " we are not that good.

Tough game for #20 on D at -5. From a year ago, quote "Some OHL scouts consider Henderson a defenceman who could fit into the mold of a Cam Dineen in the future which is good news for the Battalion.

Reactions: Uncle

Wolfman Jack

Jan 19, 2009
To be expected. News flash " we are not that good.

Tough game for #20 on D at -5. From a year ago, quote "Some OHL scouts consider Henderson a defenceman who could fit into the mold of a Cam Dineen in the future which is good news for the Battalion.

How did Malik do?

WJ

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
In your defense, I would say that was a very gassed Battalion squad, and the team certainly did not play to their potential. 3 in 3 is always tough.
Every team goes through it, especially us Northern teams. You guys probably not so much. Wolves just won 6-2 with a three in less than three.

Reactions: nelli27

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Funny how after 20 years in Brampton, they had zero 50 goal scorers and now we have had 2 in 6 years.

Reactions: Olden

hardclimate

Jan 7, 2015
Wondering how the schedule-maker figures that three home games within four days would do anything to promote attendance.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
You are right, HC. While the team has occasionally played 3 or 4 in a row at home, I don’t recall the games ever being packed into a 3 in 4 days scenario. Possibly the elusive target of 1999 will be within reach. If so, I suspect it will take place Fri. vs. NIA: a non-standard night plus a “no-hoper”. I think the ‘dogs should be an attraction in view of being an excellent hockey team with a number of stellar players and well worth seeing. However, if you require a Battalion win in order to attend, this might not be the game.

Tonight vs. OS might be OK enough attendance-wise in view of it being an Attack / Battalion alumni game. And Sun. should bring a number of SUD fans to help the numbers.

Note to 987: The Battalion were in Brampton 15 years, not 20.

Reactions: Samee987

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
The pre-game roster sheet does not include either Hardwick or Jackson. I wonder if this means one or both of Chenier / Walker will return to the lineup. Hopefully BC24 will be back, the team sure could use the help.

Adam McMaster has 1 goal (and 16 points) in 26 games with OS, Mitch Russell has 6 goals (and 9 points) in 23 with NB.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
You are right, HC. While the team has occasionally played 3 or 4 in a row at home, I don’t recall the games ever being packed into a 3 in 4 days scenario. Possibly the elusive target of 1999 will be within reach. If so, I suspect it will take place Fri. vs. NIA: a non-standard night plus a “no-hoper”. I think the ‘dogs should be an attraction in view of being an excellent hockey team with a number of stellar players and well worth seeing. However, if you require a Battalion win in order to attend, this might not be the game.

Tonight vs. OS might be OK enough attendance-wise in view of it being an Attack / Battalion alumni game. And Sun. should bring a number of SUD fans to help the numbers.

Note to 987: The Battalion were in Brampton 15 years, not 20.

I'll be one of those Sudbury fans in attendance Sunday!

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Always enjoyed the drive and game at a old rink like North Bay, plus the people up North are great folks. Great road trip everytime I go to the Big Nickel, N Bay, or the Soo. Incredibly beautiful in the summer as well.

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
I hope Niagara puts up 12 tomorrow. It is possible.

No leadership either on the ice or behind the bench. Another sad display, don't look now but Barrir is only 3 points back. We are going to miss the playoffs folks.

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Well folks, there you have a game presented in 3D: Demoralizing, Discouraging and Depressing. A sort of mid-pack team with (now) 62 points traded away their top 4 players, 3 of whom are among the best in the league. And they took the Battalion to school, from clean D-zone exits, to clean O-zone entrances, passing, shooting, skating, team speed, goaltending, etc., etc., etc.

Actually the opening 5 minute or so sequence leading up to the NB goal was one of the Troops’ best sustained efforts at home this season. But things sure came off the rails in a big way thereafter.

I suspect ownership and management are still trying to figure out why no one goes to the games.

Reactions: The Prophet

View from section 9

Apr 13, 2016
Well folks, there you have a game presented in 3D: Demoralizing, Discouraging and Depressing. A sort of mid-pack team with (now) 62 points traded away their top 4 players, 3 of whom are among the best in the league. And they took the Battalion to school, from clean D-zone exits, to clean O-zone entrances, passing, shooting, skating, team speed, goaltending, etc., etc., etc.

Actually the opening 5 minute or so sequence leading up to the NB goal was one of the Troops’ best sustained efforts at home this season. But things sure came off the rails in a big way thereafter.

I suspect ownership and management are still trying to figure out why no one goes to the games.
It's so bad that people don't show up when it's a 33% discount.

Great idea just far too little, far too late.

They're gone at the end of next season imo. Then they can go and blame a 3rd city for the fact they don't seem to have a clue how to attract and retain a fan base.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
..brady lyle would be our top d.
Brady has been a solid addition to the Attack blueline. He's quietly put up decent offensive numbers this season and with the departure of Durzi and Phillips to Guelph, Brady slots in at #1 or 2 every night .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad