North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Does JB17 return home from this trip with 50 goals in his hip pocket
If JB17 gets 50, his season is over because that is what he is playing for. I know spezza, you think I am hating on him but I am not. Judging by tonight's effort, the lack of urgency behind the bench, on the bench and on the ice shows this team has very little left to play for.
Brazeau's crowning accomplishment this season will be the 50 goal mark. Not leading the team to playoffs or an ELC.
And just to show you I am not picking on him, he wasn't the worst one on the ice tonight. Then again he wasn't the best.

Reactions: Samee987

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
If JB17 gets 50, his season is over because that is what he is playing for. I know spezza, you think I am hating on him but I am not. Judging by tonight's effort, the lack of urgency behind the bench, on the bench and on the ice shows this team has very little left to play for.
Brazeau's crowning accomplishment this season will be the 50 goal mark. Not leading the team to playoffs or an ELC.
And just to show you I am not picking on him, he wasn't the worst one on the ice tonight. Then again he wasn't the best.
Agreed , I will say that if he gets 50 , then good for him , as a 13th round pick it has been a great story , no one can ever take that away from the kid. What I find funny is the fans who only see green and the games on Gardens ice , they have no idea how much better the next level is , how many good players there are in the CHL , and how many great players before Braz go on to play CIS , some might give semi pro a try for a season only to get out before their school money evaporates ,like Santos. Getting an education while playing hockey is also a good story, if only the fans knew that.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Hey, he is doing what he loves and is pretty darn good at it. There is no shame in taking the Usport route considering you are gambling it all unless you get a decent ELC contract.
I wouldn't give up an education package for the east coast.

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
"The Battalion, without Travis Mailhot, Daniel Walker, David Maier, Kurtis Evans, Brandon Coe and Brad Chenier, also lost Luke Burghardt to illness during the game and, in the third period, Patrick Brown to an upper-body injury".

It's gonna take a huge effort to get any points on this road trip now!

Reactions: hardclimate

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Interesting faceoff alignment at start of OT as Troops took positions first, JB17 started on LW and the WSR winger then went to his left side, so both wingers were uncovered at puck drop. Fortunately Troops won the faceoff, 6 sec later, game over. Nice to see the Braz-train back on track, he was a major force all game with 9 shots on goal and CP33 was a difference maker in net.

What a rag-tag lineup last night and game report says Calvas left the game due to illness, sounds like the ‘flu is making the rounds. At least BC21 will be back (4 goals in 4 games, 5 in the last 6), but can he be a difference maker? I wonder if LDN will be in revenge mode after the somewhat (OK, really) surprising Battalion OT win a month ago. I wonder if Cam Peters thought, “hey this is easy” as he scored in Game 1 of his career. Welcome to the OHL, after 38 games #2 has arrived, and what a hustle beauty it was.

Game report says Chenier has a head injury, which I presume means concussion, which I presume means an extended absence. And Maier has an upper body injury from a practice which seems sort of unusual since those workouts are essentially no-hitters.

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Gonna be thin on the backline. HOPE 24 is ok guys. Head injuries.... speedy recovery #24

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
I like the looks of the lineup today placement wise! Unfortunately chenier and maier are out and it might not matter because we are up against a beast in London. Crazier shit has happened though and I wouldn’t be surprised if we squeeked one out!

Reactions: Olden

Olden

Nov 25, 2018
Hope OHL doesnt crap out as perusual. Always something with that site. Better then nothing i guess. Wow they need to get on top of that. It can be brutal sometimes wow. Can anyone relate?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad