North Bay Battalion 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 2)

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Three ways to tell your team is in desperate trouble, both on ice and off: 1) winning at the approx. rate of 3 in 10 for the last 6-8 weeks, unable to overtake teams stumbling along at 4 in 10; 2) pulling the goalie with 5 min. left, trailing by 3 goals; 3) selling tickets at discounted prices.

Speaking of the latter, was there any advance publicity anywhere? I first learned of it in the game day e-mail with team rosters (I think that was when it was, or am I confused?), and I thought, of all people to send this to, an existing STH is probably not the one, and if the only way to benefit is to buy all 3 games, early afternoon of the first one is probably a bit late. Were they looking for STHs to be the sales force in this initiative?

#4 and # 20 have taken a bit of grief (and rightfully so) over last night’s game, but did anyone notice the team’s best offensive D-man, Nick King, was a tidy -6 on the night?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Three ways to tell your team is in desperate trouble, both on ice and off: 1) winning at the approx. rate of 3 in 10 for the last 6-8 weeks, unable to overtake teams stumbling along at 4 in 10; 2) pulling the goalie with 5 min. left, trailing by 3 goals; 3) selling tickets at discounted prices.

Speaking of the latter, was there any advance publicity anywhere? I first learned of it in the game day e-mail with team rosters (I think that was when it was, or am I confused?), and I thought, of all people to send this to, an existing STH is probably not the one, and if the only way to benefit is to buy all 3 games, early afternoon of the first one is probably a bit late. Were they looking for STHs to be the sales force in this initiative?

#4 and # 20 have taken a bit of grief (and rightfully so) over last night’s game, but did anyone notice the team’s best offensive D-man, Nick King, was a tidy -6 on the night?
The Entrie D corps was awful last night

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016

The forwards also have to step up and help out in our own end , while the top line scores they are always in negative territory also. Walker with 3 penalties , 2 for crosschecking ( selfish) doesn't help the cause . While Propp can have great games every now and then , you just never know what you are going to get with him. Again ,can you imagine not making the playoffs , after keeping Braz ? . Why sit Pacey on the bench ? how does that help the kid ? he needs to play .

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
The forwards also have to step up and help out in our own end , while the top line scores they are always in negative territory also. Walker with 3 penalties , 2 for crosschecking ( selfish) doesn't help the cause . While Propp can have great games every now and then , you just never know what you are going to get with him. Again ,can you imagine not making the playoffs , after keeping Braz ? . Why sit Pacey on the bench ? how does that help the kid ? he needs to play .

I wont say losing is his fault but in the 11-12 games I have watched NB play this year, he's been one of the more selfish players and quite frankly plays a stupid game. Penalty after penalty after penalty and ones that aren't needed.

Hope he enjoys his time in the OHL right now because he's got about 4 weeks left in this league.

I thought in previous years he would make a great bottom 6 forward, very useful on the forecheck, someone you can trust with 2 mins left to hold the lead. But my minds changed.

Hope i'm not being too rough on him but thats just my opinion.

Reactions: Uncle

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
Blame the owner, blame the head coach, blame the assistant coaches...players gotta play, show some PRIDE!!

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
Blame the owner, blame the head coach, blame the assistant coaches...players gotta play, show some PRIDE!!
Players Playing properly starts with good coaching, never seen a team look as hopeless as we did last night Stan has completely lost the bench

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
I thought in previous years he would make a great bottom 6 forward, very useful on the forecheck, someone you can trust with 2 mins left to hold the lead. But my minds changed.

Not rough at all, it’s accurate. Every time he touches the ice you can feel a penalty coming.

Reactions: Olden

Samee987

Oct 26, 2014
I wont say losing is his fault but in the 11-12 games I have watched NB play this year, he's been one of the more selfish players and quite frankly plays a stupid game. Penalty after penalty after penalty and ones that aren't needed.

Hope he enjoys his time in the OHL right now because he's got about 4 weeks left in this league.

It's not just your opinion. Some how, leading the league in PIM is a great accomplishment I guess. Too bad because he does have some skill!

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
1. Defense is a 6 man unit - North Bay doesn't play responsible - forwards float and D are left scrambling.
2. Top line scores 5 on 5 because they float the zone and cherry pick.
3. Top line scores on PP because they float the zone and have one less defender.
4. Not sure what Walker's purpose or role on team is.
5. If you knew anything about goaltending you would realize how ridiculous it is to blame the goalies on this team. Look at the numbers; almost every game NB has won they were outshot and in many cases outshot badly. If the goalies do not play their best every game this team doesn't stand a chance to win. Can you name one player on the team that gives it their best every game...no because that is impossible to do throughout an entire season but yet you feel the goalies should.
Within goalie circles a 10 game stretch plays out like this: they are expected to be average/good 5 games, below average 2 games and try to steal 3 games. And that is on an average to competitive team. On a stacked team those numbers change.
If Propp or Purboo have an average night NB loses, if they play outstanding and get even the slightest bit of defensive help NB has a chance to win if the top line can float in a couple goals.
6. You are right, Pacey needs to play, just not in this league. Simple fact, he is not ready to play in this league with this team. If he were on a stronger defensive team he could be put in on spot duty to learn, develop in situations that aided success.. Regardless his skill level, every time he steps on the ice now he is a liabilty, along with #3, #4 & #20.

Reactions: Samee987

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Spezz don't be picking on Walker, you hate when guys call out your superstar. LOL
Speaking of that, shouldn't the leadership group be talking to Walker about his play. I know Bruce wouldn't have let that happen.

Reactions: View from section 9

SeniorJuniorFan

Dec 13, 2013
Feb. 24: NIA 9 OS 0
Feb. 28: OS 8 NB 4
Mar. 1: NIA ?? NB ??

Is anyone brave enough to take a run at tonight’s score (I’m not)? Prior to 7:00pm, of course.

Poster man

May 5, 2015
Ontario
Feb. 24: NIA 9 OS 0
Feb. 28: OS 8 NB 4
Mar. 1: NIA ?? NB ??

Is anyone brave enough to take a run at tonight’s score (I’m not)? Prior to 7:00pm, of course.
Sorry to say, 10-1 for wine country.
Was at last nights game and have never seen a morge like atmosphere in the gardens ever. Not getting a good feeling for what is happening here.

Uncle

Jun 26, 2017
two shots in the first, lets see how the second plays out, we have them right where we want them.

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
1. Defense is a 6 man unit - North Bay doesn't play responsible - forwards float and D are left scrambling.
2. Top line scores 5 on 5 because they float the zone and cherry pick.
3. Top line scores on PP because they float the zone and have one less defender.
4. Not sure what Walker's purpose or role on team is.
5. If you knew anything about goaltending you would realize how ridiculous it is to blame the goalies on this team. Look at the numbers; almost every game NB has won they were outshot and in many cases outshot badly. If the goalies do not play their best every game this team doesn't stand a chance to win. Can you name one player on the team that gives it their best every game...no because that is impossible to do throughout an entire season but yet you feel the goalies should.
Within goalie circles a 10 game stretch plays out like this: they are expected to be average/good 5 games, below average 2 games and try to steal 3 games. And that is on an average to competitive team. On a stacked team those numbers change.
If Propp or Purboo have an average night NB loses, if they play outstanding and get even the slightest bit of defensive help NB has a chance to win if the top line can float in a couple goals.
6. You are right, Pacey needs to play, just not in this league. Simple fact, he is not ready to play in this league with this team. If he were on a stronger defensive team he could be put in on spot duty to learn, develop in situations that aided success.. Regardless his skill level, every time he steps on the ice now he is a liabilty, along with #3, #4 & #20.
Long post Offside , I said Propp , not the goalies , and yes I look at the numbers , and the numbers tell us all , that Propp had 6 goals against on 20 shots against the Attack , while I agree the team D in very poor which skews the tenders numbers , Propp can just plain stink at times , they
dont get a pass when they play bad ...sorry but that's my position .

The Prophet

Apr 6, 2016
Now Purboo with 4 against on 38 shots isn't all that bad , plainly has zero help out there !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad