Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I mean what does Colorado have to give up? Also would they be able to sign him back?
They could sign him for now. It's the next several years that will make it harder to field a team with any kind of depth. Unless Makar takes a big discount in his first RFA deal and Mack is signed for under 10m (I doubt that no matter what he says) plus Lande will need a new contract. I still don't think their defense will be anything great, but if Byram becomes what he is advertised as their top 2 will be one of the best.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
TsbHHAv.jpg

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Anyone here remember when Jeff Skinner got paid 9M for 8 years and now he’s on pace for 48 points?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Anyone here remember when Jeff Skinner got paid 9M for 8 years and now he’s on pace for 48 points?

Remember when Jeff Skinner scored 40 goals and had only 63 points? He is on pace for 30+ goals. Other than Staal, who has scored 40 goals for the Wild in the past 10 years? 15 years? Also, how many times has a Wild player scored 30 goals in the past 5 years? 3 times; Parise, Zucker and Staal.

If Skinner spent the amount of time he has in Carolina with Minnesota, he'd be tied for 2nd for all time in goals scored in roughly half the time that it took the current 2nd place holder to score. If he spent the amount of time he has had in Buffalo, he'd be 21st, but his 111 games played is over a hundred games less than the guy he's tied with.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Not that Dallas have been world beaters, but this seems odd from a team that's won their last 2, is 6-3-1 in their last 10, and currently in a wildcard spot.

Edit: Ah, should've read the article.

Statement from Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill:

"The Dallas Stars expect all of our employees to act with integrity and exhibit professional behavior while working for and representing our organization. This decision was made due to unprofessional conduct inconsistent with the core values and beliefs of the Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League."

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN

Not that Dallas have been world beaters, but this seems odd from a team that's won their last 2, is 6-3-1 in their last 10, and currently in a wildcard spot.

Edit: Ah, should've read the article.

No offical word yet other than not due to the new conduct policy or abuse of a player or anything like that. Just a rumor of an alcohol-related incident at this point.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
No offical word yet other than not due to the new conduct policy or abuse of a player or anything like that. Just a rumor of an alcohol-related incident at this point.
Doesn't sound like we're likely to hear details any time soon. Guess we should leave it at that.

It'll be interesting to see if it affects the Stars much, because they've been on a roll.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
"material act of unprofessionalism"... as opposed to immaterial act of unprofessionalism?

Well, when in doubt, blame the booze. Know a guy who destroyed his promising career through one incident that occurred while he was in an alcoholic blackout.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
"material act of unprofessionalism"... as opposed to immaterial act of unprofessionalism?

Well, when in doubt, blame the booze. Know a guy who destroyed his promising career through one incident that occurred while he was in an alcoholic blackout.
You do understand that those are two different words with completely different meanings?

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Happy to have BB behind the bench. He's an open book. He'd tell you if he had a skeleton and would make you laugh and then forgive him due to honesty.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Looks like Dubas is sniffing around the KHL, specifically Mikael Grigorenko.

Cue the Kaprizov to Leafs cause of Grigorenko rumors! (hahahaha...>.>)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Taylor Hall was scratched last night for "precautionary reasons". I hope he doesn't go to Colorado.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Mackinnon is McDavid level now, for me. Physically, he is just too strong and fast for just about everyone in the league, and he has the skill to play at high speed.

When Brodin plays against either, he actually has to try in order to stop them. :sarcasm:

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Mackinnon is McDavid level now, for me. Physically, he is just too strong and fast for just about everyone in the league, and he has the skill to play at high speed.

When Brodin plays against either, he actually has to try in order to stop them. :sarcasm:
I also think Mack is more of a team guy than McDavid. Chemistry is half the battle with star players and Mack seems to mesh well with the whole team while McDavid at times seems disinterested.

Nathan MacKinnon is criminally underpaid.
Even with a "discount" if the cap goes up the way people hope it does with the new TV deal, I still see him getting at least 10.5 but under 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad